Universal Laws

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Aisin

Universal Laws

Universal Laws have been frequently mentioned in TP and in this forum. However, I still find it vague when we refer to the term 'universal laws', sounds like an abstract concept without proper definition. Shouldn't there be a more solid guideline when we say we wish to abide by universal laws?

Here's some recent findings of mine. Pls share yours if you've found others.
The 12 Laws of Healing
The Law of Creation
The Law of Love
The Law of Completion
The Law of Manifestation
The Law of Evolution
The Law of Free Will
The Law of Equality
The Law of Ma'at (Balance)
The Law of Elements
The Law of Welcome
The Law of Gratitude
The Infinite Wave

~ from the TOC of ''The Freedom of Innocence: A journey into the heart of all that is" by Lara Anuradha Shah.
Each of the 12 Laws of Healing offers a bridge to the 12 Laws of the Universe, and is contained within the Universal Laws. This is important because the Divine Laws of Healing are not a separate set of Laws but a part of the Universal Laws. In fact, one might say that they form the heart of the Universal Laws.

~ Excerpt from ''The Freedom of Innocence: A journey into the heart of all that is" by Lara Anuradha Shah.
Lara Anuradha Shah's website can be found at: http://www.lawsofhealing.com
InfoSource

I guess I'll start by naming the ones I found in TP

Universal Laws in TP

1) There are nine categories of planets, 1 being for the least evolved astral bodies, 9 for the most evolved astral bodies

2) You cannot go to higher or lower category planets within a lifetime or you will die 9 days upon arriving on the higher category planet, or spiritually decline on the lower more materialistic planet

3) Universal law dictates 9 planets revolve around their Sun

4) Suicide is against Universal Law

5) Every creature has Free Will (freedom of choice)

6) Nature runs on the law of Contrasts (from TFOC)

7) The purpose of life for all human beings is to learn how to live, suffer, & die but also to develop spiritually as much as possible

I'm sure there are other ones mentioned in the book but these seem to be the most obvious ones to point out

Some others I've found

The Laws of Karma: Everything has a cause and a effect, our thoughts and actions have their consequences, good cause (intention & action) gets a good effect and a bad cause (intention & action) gets the corresponding bad effect

Buddha's eightfold path: http://www.boloji.com/buddhism/00110.htm

The Golden Rule said by many spiritually leaders including Jesus: Treat others the way you want to be treated

I doubt there is a comprehensive list of Universal laws that dictate us spiritually, so I think some of major ones are now covered
bomohwkl

What is the purpose of Universal laws? To maximize spiritual development.
What is spiritual development? To cultivate the mind and love.

There are other ways to increase our sharpness of the mind. I don’t consider them as laws. That includes fasting. There are skills that we can use to accelerate our abilities to be more creative, innovative, intuitive, humorous, rational, linguistic and etc. These are worth learning. However, I don’t consider them to be laws for the reason that the skills seem to emphasis the development of the mind only. It is because, from my understanding, universal laws should apply not only in the domains of intellect but also love. Lacking either of it is not a universal law.
The eight fold paths are just ways that we can adopt to analyze ourselves in order to maximize the sensation of bliss. In my opinion, they are not laws. I think universal laws should also embody the ways the physical world work.
The most indisputable universal law is the law of cause of effect as it not only applies in the domain of consciousness but also the physical world. This law serves to promote spiritual development. No matter how ignorant and stupid you are, you are bounded by that inescapable law. Stupid people might not even recognize the law of contrast. Thinking of that, I think there are different level of “obviousness” of universal laws. The less obvious the law, the higher the developed mind is required to discern the laws.

DEBATE my thoughts.
Aisin

InfoSource, thanks for your compilation, that's helpful. The list from TP, i wouldn't call them the definition of the laws, but the implications of the laws instead. It's good to have a collection of the laws as well as the wider implications.

The law of karma is often heard of, in Buddhism and others; the eightfold path is more of a guideline of methods as bomohwkl has mentioned; and the 'golden rule' is also an interesting philosophy which has taken different names and appeared in more than one culture, eg: "don't do to others what you would not want yourself" ~ Master Kong, aka Confucious (551-479 BC)
bomohwkl wrote:What is the purpose of Universal laws? To maximize spiritual development.
What is spiritual development? To cultivate the mind and love.
bomohwkl, although i concur with the ideas in your post, your first paragraph with the two Q&A sound very constricted. How do we know what purpose of the universal laws is? by just inferring from TP? but TP only points us in the direction of spiritual development, that does not make up the operation of the universe.

Once again, spiritual development comprises more than the mind and love. in our lifetime, the mind is inseparable from the body (discounting OOB times), I wouldn't advocate full focus on the mind and love and thoughts without paying sufficient attention to the body. Even to start learning meditation following the traditional Yoga way, one is required to go through physical cleansing as well as strict dietary control and yoga exercise (aka yogasana) training. A good body is the pre-requisite of a sound mind.

By referring to the 12 laws of healing disclosed by Lara Anuradha Shah, it dawns on me how little we actually know about the universal laws. the law of creation has only been briefly touched on in TP & Genesis (the distorted version according to TP) of the Christian bible, the law of love and free will make up the main message of TFOC, and i believe the Tao philosophy of Yin & Yang may well coincide with the law of balance. But what about the rest of the 12 laws? I haven't read the whole book myself, but i think there should be more than 1 source through which we're able to lay our hands on the universal laws.

And it brought about more questions than answers in me. Do these 12 laws define all of universal laws? Are there more? Isn't it amazing someone actually has (or claims to have) access to the universal laws? Why are the laws so hidden and far from reach? Who did the original teaching or 'compilation' of the laws anyway?
bomohwkl

aisin wrote
bomohwkl, although i concur with the ideas in your post, your first paragraph with the two Q&A sound very constricted. How do we know what purpose of the universal laws is? by just inferring from TP? but TP only points us in the direction of spiritual development, that does not make up the operation of the universe.

Once again, spiritual development comprises more than the mind and love. in our lifetime, the mind is inseparable from the body (discounting OOB times), I wouldn't advocate full focus on the mind and love and thoughts without paying sufficient attention to the body. Even to start learning meditation following the traditional Yoga way, one is required to go through physical cleansing as well as strict dietary control and yoga exercise (aka yogasana) training. A good body is the pre-requisite of a sound mind.
The operation of the universe is to maximize cultivation of the mind and love. I cannot think otherwise if the operation of the universe is not to promote the development of the mind and love.
There is always a misconception that development of the mind requires the abandonment of our physical bodies. However, it is important to note that our mind is initimately linked to our bodies. Hence, to maintain a prefect health is crucial for development of the mind. Focussing too much on the mind without considering the physical body is not the way to maximize the development of the mind. Isn't what you have said, a good body is the pre-requite of a sound mind? Isn't it to maximize the development of the mind by having a good body?
Aisin

pardon my expression, i'd like to amend it slightly, should have added 'that does not make up 100% of the operation of the universe'.

i wasn't saying your answer to "What is the purpose of Universal laws? To maximize spiritual development. " is incorrect. I think it is only a partial answer, far from complete.

the operation of the universe involves both the physical (nature, flora & fauna, etc) as well as spiritual aspects of it. in fact, we have 9 bodies (from TP), spiritual development is only 1 of the many aspects. I believe the universal laws govern not only spiritual development of human beings, but the rest as well, such as evolution, elements in nature etc.
Bastian

* A list of quotes from TP regarding Universal Law
http://www.thiaoouba.com/hebrew/eng_universalLaws1.htm

The text below is mostly from the above url which had compiled a good list of Laws from TP. But I have also added one or two other quotes and fixed one or two problems with the quotes (hope they don't mind).

Univeral Law

" 'You should always bear in mind this main point: An Astral body, in all cases, must conform to Universal Law, and, by following nature as closely as possible, it can achieve the ultimate goal by the fastest path "

"Nature has very inflexible rules with well- established safeguards."

Nine - the Universal number

" ...the number nine is the number of the Universe. You are here in the city of Nine Dokos [Dokos are are egg-shaped buildings utilised on Thiaoouba] founded on Universal Law. "

Law : Spiritual development - man's principal obligation

" Universal law decrees that man's principal obligation, regardless of which planet he happens to inhabit, is to develop his spirituality. "

" Man exists physically for the sole purpose of developing spiritually. "

Law : If you make a mistake, you pay the penalty

" Universal Law is well-established and is as strictly enforced as that which controls the planets revolutions around their suns.
If you make a mistake, you pay the penalty - immediately, in ten years time, or in ten centuries time, but errors must be paid for. "

Parallel universe

" We are, you and I, [Michel and Thao respectively] at this moment, in a universe which is parallel to that of Earth. " " ... people passed into this universe at a certain time, and they have lived in that time ever since. " " ... it is part of natural, and therefore universal law. "
[Ed: It is up for debate what kind of Universal Law Thao was speaking of here. I thought perhaps she was referring to "If you make a mistake, you pay the penalty" or perhaps even "Beyond a certain point, the law strictly forbids aid of any kind"]

Law : Suicide

" Universal Law forbids suicide "

Law : Fornication with animals

" Fornication with animals [...] is absolutely contrary to Nature and Universal Law. " [ed: I have corrected this quote as the one given in the above URL was incomplete]

Law : Beyond a certain point, the law strictly forbids aid from Thiaoouba of any kind

" ...from time to time we [the people of Thiaoouba] are permitted, or even advised, to offer a helping hand but we are formally forbidden to 'serve the meal on a plate' ".

" We can help in certain situations but only so far. Beyond a certain point, the law strictly forbids aid of any kind. "

" We do, at times, prevent your experts from ‘playing with matches’ but it is important that our assistance not be relied upon when mistakes are made. If we judge it appropriate to ‘lend a hand’, we do so, but we can’t, and we don’t wish to save you from disaster automatically - that would be to contravene Universal Law. "

[Ed - Not sure if this is relevant, however I think this last quote below might help explain why the Law exists :..]
"..The second reason is a psychological one; if we had made these people aware of our existence and if they had realised we were there in order to help them, they would passively have allowed themselves to be helped and would have felt sorry for themselves. This would adversely affect their will to survive. As you say on Earth: ‘God helps those who help themselves.’"

Law : Universal Law regarding categories of planets

"If you go forward, [to a higher category planet] disregarding Universal Law, you will die; if you go backwards, [to a lower category planet] you expose yourself to worse conditions because your advanced spirituality can't exist in a materialistic environment. "

" Universal Law would require that you be reincarnated on Earth, if you had not yet finished your time there. "

".. they were on a [lower category] planet that was forbidden to them by Universal Law."
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Bastian

The Golden Rule

==== The Golden Rule ====
(from a Baha'i pamphlet)

Hinduism:
This is the sum of duty: do naught to others which if done to thee would cause pain.

Judaism:
What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow men. That is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary.

Zoroasttrianism:
That nature only is good when it shall not do unto another whatever is not good for its own self.

Buddhism:
Hurt not others with that which pains yourself.

Taoism:
The sage has no interest of his own, but regards the interests of the people as his own. He is kind to the kind, he is also kind to the unkind; for virtue is kind.

Christianity:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Islam:
No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself.

Sikhism:
Precious like jewels are the minds of all. To hurt them is not all good. If thou desirest thy Beloved, then, hurt thou not any one's heart.

Baha'i:
Blessed is he who preferreth his brother before himself.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Alisima

Do you also know WHY all these religions have said that ??
Don't read my signature.
Bastian

from The Emerald Tablets of Toth : http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald7bw.html
Everything created is based upon ORDER:
LAW rules the space where the INFINITE dwells.
Forth from equilibrium came the great cycles,
moving in harmony toward Infinity's end.
[...]
Spoke to me again, the Seven, saying:
>From far beyond time are WE, come, O man,
Traveled WE from beyond SPACE-TIME,
aye, from the place of Infinity's end.
When ye and all of thy brethren were formless,
formed forth were WE from the order of ALL.
Not as men are WE,
though once WE, too, were as men.
Out of the Great Void were WE formed forth
in order by LAW.
For know ye that which is formed
truly is formless, having form only to thine eyes.
[...]
Forth were WE formed after our order:
THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT--NINE.
Know ye that these are the numbers of cycles
that WE descend from unto man.
Each having here a duty to fulfill;
each having here a force to control.
[...]
Time and space are moving in circles.
Know ye their law, and ye too, shall be free.
Aye, free shall ye be to move through the cycles--
pass the guardians that dwell at the door.
ptex

The Great School of Natural Science

In a harmless little ad in the Ode Magazine http://www.odemagazine.com I recently found a curious ad:
Discover the philosophy of individual life
. there is a scientific basis for spiritual growth
. the method is a proven moral formula based on Natural Law
. the teachings are independent of dogma
. the Individual progresses as a result of Self-Mastery

This is the evolution of Intelligence

The Great School of Natural Science offers its instruction as a gift to its accepted students. email admin@gsns.org or visit: http://www.gsns.org
I've read the site from one end to the other and their information seems coherent and relevant and thus I thought it might be of interest for others to learn about. I wonder if anyone has heard of them and I'd appreciate any comment :computer: on this topic. :-k They are referred to as "The Great School of Natural Science" and they also relate to "The Great School of the Masters".

In my understanding, the study of Natural Law is of exceptional important and thus one should pay attention to existing resources.

Their courses are Free but each student is required to first read :study: the a set of five volumes (sold on a cost recovery basis) before applying for further instruction.

I found a number of interesting passages which I'll quote below.
The Great School of Natural Science is an organization of men and women devoted to the study and application of natural laws as these function and operate in all realms of life.
It has students in many countries of the world.
The general purpose is to conduct a work of education along moral, ethical and spiritual lines, as outlined in textbooks known as the Harmonic Series.
The specific Purpose is to help individuals live in harmony with the Constructive Principle in Nature, thereby attaining self-unfoldment and self-mastery, leading to individual health and peace. Thus they become wholesome units in the aggregate of individuals who comprise nations. The School makes no charge for its Instruction. It is a gift to all who qualify to receive it.
Excerpt from "About the school":
The Great School of the Masters has accumulated knowledge covering a wide, almost unlimited field of scientific research - physical, spiritual, psychical and ethical. Its history from its authenticated beginning to the present time has been a history of the struggle of the Individual Intelligence for knowledge of itself, its origin, its evolutionary unfoldment, its relationship to the Great Universal Intelligence, and its final destiny.
The entire course of Instruction, which can take several years to complete, is provided as a Gift to all accepted students. There are no dues, fees or charges of any kind whatsoever for the actual instruction, which is taught via written correspondence. The Student is responsible only for postage on lessons returned to the School.

The accepted Student is not asked to join or belong to any organization.

The only "remuneration" the Student can give, or will be asked for, at any stage of his progress, will be the best quality and quantity of Personal Effort of which he or she is capable in the acquirement of knowledge and experience in his or her development and in the application thereof, by its Right Use, in the building of their Temple of Character.

Those who wish to become Students and set about the task of aiding Nature in Her wonderful evolutionary process, will find all possible aid in the accomplishment of that aspiration.

It should be noted that the courses of Instruction are based on the five textbooks that constitute The Harmonic Series. The prospective Student must have read all five volumes before applying for Instruction. Since these books are needed for reference, the student is encouraged to purchase the set. They are available from the School, sold on a cost recovery basis.
An intriguing passage regarding Volume V of the Harmonic Series:
The Great Message - is an inspiring introduction to the findings of the Great School of the Masters which, in turn, is that great Central Source and Reservoir of Knowledge (Religious, Philosophical, Moral, Physical, Spiritual and Psychical) which has been the beneficent, constructive, uplifting and progressive influence in the Evolution of Humankind from Spiritual Infancy and Darkness to Soul Maturity and Illumination. The Great School of the Masters is that central Source from which all the world's recognized Masters received their training and commission to bring to humanity its Message of Life, Light and Immortality. Some of the most well known representatives are: Jesus, Confucius, Zarathustra, Buddha, Krishna, Pythagoras and Melchizedik. This book further explains that the Great School of Natural Science was launched by the Great School of the Masters to give the progressive intelligence of this age a current, scientific presentation of the Philosophy of individual Life as taught by its members throughout all the past ages.