My understanding is that people come to my country Australia from other countries and then immune problems such as asthma, food allergies or eczema arise in their children. Problems that were unknown of in their previous generations.
What are your thoughts on this folks? Environmental poisons? EMF? What's going on?!?
I see this as a probably mechanism for how we may be losing our immune systems. Epigenetics is the science of how our gene expression is altered over a series of generations by environmental factors. Your DNA sequence isn’t actually changed, however sections of DNA can be silenced. That means the DNA is still there but being wrapped up (in histones) and suppressed. This kind of change can be something as simple as changes in eating habits due to an abundance of food / affluence, leading to poor health in future generations. These changes in gene expression are inheritable!
There is also a specialised field dealing with cancer epigenetics.
* Överkalix study https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Överkalix_study
* Epigenetics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics
Epigenetics may be involved in Asthma.. I understand this to be a heated debate that is unsettled in science (but what I read is a few years old, so I may be behind)."How many children have asthma? In 2017–18, an estimated 10% (around 460,000) of Australian children aged 0–14 had asthma as a long-term condition. Asthma was more common among boys aged 0–14 years (12%) compared with girls (7.9%). This pattern has been consistent since 2001 (ABS 2018)" -- www.aihw.gov.au
* Epigenetics: The New Frontier in the Landscape of Asthma https://www.hindawi.com/journals/scient ... 6/4638949/
* Does epigenetics play a role in human asthma? https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3015002130
* Epigenetic Mechanisms in Asthma https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5015730/