20th Anniversary of Michel's Abduction...

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

I already received Zio's translation of the original English message (above).

Zio, a million thanks for the great work you did!!! :)

Here's the translated text:
  • Cher Michel,

Nous sommes un groupe de plus de 200 personnes autour du monde qui se réunissent régulièrement - certains quotidiennement - par un forum d'Internet où nous discutons des issues concernant la Prophétie de Thiaoouba.

Sur ce jour même, à 00:30am, Il y aurait exactement 20 ans depuis que vous aviez été apporté sur Thiaoouba, et nous voudrions reconnaître l’incroyable puissance du message que vous avez donné. Il a inspiré et a touché chaque personne, nous donnant de la grande sagesse et connaissance à un temps le plus critique dans l'histoire de la terre. Il a également changé nos vies individuelles, en renforçant notre recherche sur « la signification » d'une façon plus consciente, plus responsable et spirituelle.

Grâce à vous, nous savons maintenant qu'il y a non seulement de l’espoir mais nous savons également comment le trouver et comment le créer individuellement et globalement. En conséquence, bon nombre d'entre nous maintenant méditent, font du yoga ou d'autres exercices et sont concentrés à mettre en application un changement positif dans nos vies et dans les vies de ceux autour de nous, défiant souvent les dogmes et les idéologies déjà établies.

Cela dit, nous souhaitons donner un long hommage légitime en retard à vous, pour tout ce que vous avez passé à travers et tout ce que vous avez fait pour fournir le message de Thiaoouba. Nous sommes assurés que la graine que vous avez plantée dans nos coeurs et dans les milliers de plus autour du monde portera ses fruits bientôt et, ensemble, nous ferions à ce monde un meilleur endroit pour cette génération et ceux qui suivent.

Merci tellement, Michel, de tout que vous nous avez donnés. Votre message ne sera pas oublié. Notre groupe, aussi bien que d'autres qui existent dans d'autres langues, discutent chaque aspect de votre livre et, d'une manière primordiale, nous agissons là-dessus.

Comme le Thaori vous a une fois accueilli, nous voudrions également joindre notre voix en souhaitant : "Que le grand esprit vous appui et vous éclaire".

Avec de l'amour et gratitude,

The Golden Planet Forum members
    (Forum discussions happen in English and the text of this letter has been translated from English)
Zio, suggested, and I agree, that the end line "The GoldenPlanet Forum members" should be kept in English. It also seems to me that somewhere in the text we should mention that the forum is in English language. What do you think?
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ronald

I think that's ok.
ptex

Thanks!!!

I've just sent the message to Tom.
I'll come back to you when I receive confirmation that the message has been successfully sent.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Robanan

It's so exciting.
brettmtl

Ptex thank you so much for the beautiful words they moved me to tears and zio for your translation.
I hope that Michel receives this acknowledgement and knows that he has done what is needed.

I will meditate tonight on this 20th anniversary and resonate O:)
ptex

20th anniversary news

My friends,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback provided!
It's my turn to do the feedback :)
I learned from Tom that he tried about 10 times to send the fax over, but since he didn't succeed he called Michel himself. I was very happy with this.
It seems that Michel's Fax is broken but will be fixed somewhere soon (Michel is not a very technologically minded kind of person ;) ).

I thanked Tom for the effort. He was very kind in forwarding our message to Michel!! I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're very grateful for his marvelous gesture :)
Last edited by ptex on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
~William Wordsworth
Robanan

Great job everyone, very well done indeed... :applause: :cheers:
ptex

Chat sessions?

Thanks Robanan!

I thought we could arrange a few chat sessions between forum members.

We have a great chat feature* that is highly unused. Given our geographic dispersion through the globe, I propose a commonly arranged time for a couple of chat meetings.

Anyone interested?
To help us manage a suitable chat session, use the following tool to check the most convenient time for the meeting. State your preference for date/time and timezone.

I, for example, can chat a bit between 21:00 (9pm) and 23:00 (11pm) GMT. Other times are also possible.

* [addition by ptex] chat feature when we ported the new forum because it remained completely unused and it made no sense to keep it attached to the forum (specially for security resons). If needed we can find alternatives to this.
Last edited by ptex on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added a note regarding the forum chat software
~William Wordsworth
ronald

I can adjust to GMT evening time.
Between GMT 21:30 and 22:30 on any day.
Leo

any update on Michel's fax? has he recieved it or did Tom end up reading it to him over the phone (in French)? If he did, did Michel reply at all?
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Zio

Re: 20th Anniversary of Michel's Abduction...

I've been redirected here by another thread, to see what happened at the end. It's been more than a year now, and no response. Ptex, I really want to know if there was any reply from Michel or Tom.

This sure brings back memories ^^.
I still have the original translation in my folders :D

Zio.
ptex

Absolutely Zio, it does indeed bring back memories!!! :)

Last year I know Tom tried a few times to fax but phone lines in Vietnam, specially during monsoon season, are very irregular.
Since some time passed and I still didn't know how this all went, I asked Tom about this again. He replied back saying he was able to successfully send the Fax to Michel, talked with him a couple of times after but there was no answer.

But we know better! We didn't want an answer or recognition of any kind. We meant to acknowledge something and this something was significant for us. I know Michel has gone through a great deal during the long years he was promoting the book so I honestly understand how tired he got from everything and decided to stay away from the book ever since. I know he's living the life he chose, closer to nature and he has remembered and is cultivating his spirituality. This inspires me to go further, I see a genuine aura of legitimacy and purity around Michel's message and his attitude. I would love that others would also find relevance in his message I believe ultimately we'll have a better world and a happier and meaningful existence for us human beings on a category 1 planet! :alien:
~William Wordsworth
TempUser

Wow...

That was a very inspiring letter. I see that I am late on this...but I'm glad I found it!

Ptex, you and your friend did a wonderful job on expressing the gratitude we readers have toward Michel, and his message. Thank you so much for sending that to Michel. I am also very happy that he is still alive & well (at least I hope he is because I sense a bit of sadness when I hear his name and his lack of response toward the letter) and for the most part- that he is seeking to develop himself and to self-actualize! :)
Although he did not respond, I just hope he read the letter.

It was very heart felt...I forget that I am not the only one who was touched by this book...that I was not the only one who's life was changed & re-directed....though at the time when this letter was written, I was actually going in such a BAD direction...when reading this thread I wanted to hug every member of the forum! O:) Haha I just forget that there ARE people out there who understand the message and the importance of it, who are seeking truth and understanding in every aspect, especially in understanding of SELF.

This has definitely inspired me to pick things up a bit as I've gotten slightly off track(understatement)...it's so depressing, distracting, & discouraging here in the "city life"...though I must admit my vulnerability and ease of succumbing, when I should be using this situation as the opportunity it actually is. Anyways thanks for that inspiration! I wish I could tell Michel and the people of Thiaoouba the same!
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko
ptex

Hi AaronNZM,
I was very happy reading your post. Thanks for your kind words and I must say well done for enduring there even in the most difficult moments, like those you've been through.
You know, when you pursue a conscious way of life, many challenging things will come along. It's easy to fall for these and to take the easy way out but remember by choosing consciousness and spirituality in your life you're actually choosing the narrower and less traveled road. Most of the time it will appear that you're traveling alone but it's only an illusion. Remember everything that happens is for a reason - there's no chance involved (God doesn't play dice - as Einstein one said)!! There are several signs you can identify when you've passed a big challenge: you usually look back and see the road traveled with a sense of serenity and joy. My personal experience tells me that it was in those moments when things were the hardest that I learned the most! I have many episodes to prove this, sometimes I recognize things didn't have to go that far if I only was patient and wise but I usually learn the hard way knocking my head on the wall many times until I see a door... and then on the other side I just think... wow.. how could I have missed that?
Good luck for you, endure and know the more conscious the easier the path.
~William Wordsworth