Thiaoouba’s sun-Coordinates quite easy. Has anyone bothered?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

gog

INDEED 8)
Andreas

Shaeel wrote:That adds up to an estimated flight duration of 22 hours to travel from Earth to Thao’s star system, Mu Arae, 49.83 light years from Sol.

Assuming there was no loiter time, that would indicate a superluminal speed of about 20,000 :shock: times the speed of light.

That certainly exceeds what we believe to be standard speed limit of light as established by Einstein et al.

Perhaps the gravitational hyperdrive theories developed by the late Burkhard Heim are right, after all.
Hey Shaeel, impressive amount of research you've done! It was a great read.

Regarding the speed, remember that they were transubstantiating. Quote from Michel from back of first Abduction to the ninth planet cover:

"By transubstantiation, we traveled through the light barrier, moving in and out of space and time, instead of moving through it."

What does this mean? Simply put, if you have a coordinate system on paper and put numerical values on some coordinates, there is no problem for you to erase these values and put the exact same values on different coordinates. A simple transformation.

Now put this in the perspective of the Universe. If you see the Universe as a huge, near infinite coordinate system, with enough knowledge you can probably move a whole bunch of values to another place. Anywhere in the Universe! So the trip to outer space was required to avoid transforming into other things, possibly destroying them or yourself.

So my conclusion is that your speed calculation is missing a quite large distance in the middle, and the travel might be totally non-linear as well. But nice research anyway (specially about the location based on stars), I appreciate it very much.

Best Regards,
Andreas
Rezo

makes me think of hypertesseract geometry and subspace.

are black holes real or not??? tom says no missing mass so maybe they just spit it out somwhere else? sorry this is just still unclear to me.

i know not really on topic but kinda, sorta.
Bassel

I think that once I learn to astral project effectively, it would be fun to try to find Thiaoouba.
Tom Chalko mentioned that Thiaoouba was most likely in the pelaides. Do you think he found out using astral projection?
Or, could he have just based this on the fact that Pelaides is a unique constellation with stars unusually close to each other?
"The mind is like a fertile garden in which anything that is planted, flowers or weeds, will grow" -Bruce Lee
Shaeel

Rezo wrote:I've actually been thinking lately about getting into astronomy as a hobby, need a book to get started.
It's actually quite a complex hobby as due to Earth's rotation the stars are changing position all the time, so it's not as easy as it might seem. Joining a club would be the way to go if you want to get serious about it.

To help keep track of your position, once you've set your current location on Earth, there's a very good (and completely free) astronomy program that also provides an easy to understand user's guide as a PDF.

Version 9.0 has just been released and can be downloaded from this link: stellarium.org
Rezo

thanks Shaeel :)
bhuvan

That certainly exceeds what we believe to be standard speed limit of light as established by Einstein et al

But scientists in earth already found that the speed of light is not a barrier!

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2000/07/ ... 00720.html
Matt

bhuvan wrote:That certainly exceeds what we believe to be standard speed limit of light as established by Einstein et al

But scientists in earth already found that the speed of light is not a barrier!

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2000/07/ ... 00720.html
This isn't considered a remarkable discovery since current theories hold that light a massless particle and therefor it can travel at any speed. I've seen it before though, and it's neat none-the-less :)

A problem in current physics, however, is how does light exert force on objects? For example: if you put a slice of copper into space, why would light push it away against gravity? Of course scientists already have more theories on this problem, but it would seem that light DOES have some minuscule amount of mass.
bhuvan

My intention was to indicate that the speed of light is not a barrier. Becasue one of friend questioned me that "how is it possible and do you think that einstein is wrong?". My point is it is possible to break the light barrier.

So it is not a surprise that their vehicle travelled 20000 times the speed of light.
Shaeel

In my previous post I ended up with the statement:
However, I'm never really 100% confident about anything (just reasonably sure, at best, and always ready to be persuaded otherwise).
Since that time I’ve done a little bit more research and I have come to the conclusion that although I identified Mu Arae as the most likely star correctly I made a mistake in my selection of the brightest star in close proximity to Sol.

My mistake was to select Sirius as the bright star in the top right of the square formation described by Thao. Although Sirius is 21 times brighter than Sol – see Solstation Sirius – 3rd paragraph and is definitely the brightest star from someone standing on Earth, it would not actually be the brightest star from the viewpoint of someone in the Mu Arae system 50 light years further away.

Also note that Sirius with coordinates of Longitude 225 degrees would be roughly 8 light years further away from Mu Arae than Sol or a total of about 58 Light Years away (Henceforth I will abbreviate it as LY).

Capella’s galactic coordinates are: Longitude: 162.2 degrees, Latitude: Plus 4.6 degrees. It is located 42.2 LY from Sol and about 92 LY from Mu Ara which is located 50 LY from Sol.

Note that a straight line drawn from Mu Ara to Capella would come to within two or three LY of Sol so Capella, from the perspective of Mu Arae, would seem like a very bright near neighbour to Sol.

A check of the view from Mu Arae shows that the brightest star in apparent close proximity to Sol would not be Sirius, which would be about 58 LY from Mu Ara, but Capella, which has 78 times the intrinsic brightness of Sol - see Solstation Capella – 3rd paragraph

Using the well known inverse square formula to ascertain the comparative brightness of the two stars as they would be observed from Mu Arae, we get:

Brightness in “Sol” brightness units divided by Distance in LY – Squared, would be:

Sirius: 21 over 58 LY squared = 21 over 3364 = 0.0062

Capella: 78 over 92 LY squared = 78 over 8464 = 0.0092

This indicates that Capella would appear to be nearly 50% brighter than Sirius from Mu Arae and makes Capella the only suitable candidate for the bright star at the top right hand corner of the “square formation” of stars described by Thao.

Here is a web site that provides views of the surrounding stars from the point of view of the star itself.

extrasolar.net

To get the view from Mu Arae, select the “Extrasolar Skies” option.

Enter the Hipparcos number for Mu Arae, which is: HIP 86796 in the “Specify Star” field (it usually has “Sol” as the default. Simply replace “Sol” with: HIP 86796.

I recommend that you select the galactic coordinate option rather than the default custom option.

Leave the all sky cylindrical option unchanged.

Press <Enter>

You’ll recall that Thao described a square formation – see my third post on page 1 of this thread.

If all goes well the map should show Sol highlighted by a small circle. You should see a square formation of stars with Capella closest to Sol. It seems that the orientation of Michel was actually tilted quite sharply to his left at about fifty degrees to the galactic plane so he would have seen the square formation from his perspective, top left, Aldebaran, then Capella near Sol, then Mirphak at the bottom right hand corner.

You’ll notice that on this map Sirius appear as an ordinary looking star two stars away from Sol at an angle up to the left of the galactic plane. I suspect the program is a fairly blunt instrument and probably uses fairly large cubic “blocks” maybe ten or more LY a side to speed up the pictorial analysis.

Close to the bottom left corner of the square you can make out a small blue squiggle (You’ll need to zoom in quite a bit) which happens to be a nebula. To identify it you’ll need to use an astronomy program such as the free one I mentioned in my post on page 2 above.

If you do that you will find that it turns out to be the Pleiades Nebula. This is 574 LY from Sol and 624 LY from Mu Arae. The Pleiades was the direction they told Michel they were heading – In actual fact the space ship went almost into the reverse direction.

Aren’t those Thaorans a bunch of jolly jesters? 8)

Just as an aside, Mu Arae is actually a pretty good fit as far as star systems go with the conditions Michel described while there.

The star is a hot yellow dwarf 70% hotter and brighter than Sol. According to this link it’s classed as a sub giant, which means it’s eating into its final reserves of fuel and the planet may be destroyed by its own star in the very near future, some time in the next 100 million years.

Mu Arae

A slightly shortened extract from the link the second paragraph.
Mu Arae is a yellow-orange dwarf star of spectral and luminosity type G3 V-IV. The star has about 108 +/- 5 percent of Sol's mass ---it may have a similar diameter (102 percent) as Sol --- with around 1.7 times its luminosity. Its relative brightness compared to Sol and relative chromospheric inactivity suggest that the star is more highly evolved and probably older than Sol, at around 6.41 billion years --- as the accumulation of helium ash in its core is moving the star out of the main sequence into subgiant status. The star may be 1.8 to 1.9 times as enriched than Sol with elements heavier than hydrogen ("metallicity"), based on its abundance of iron.
And apart from being much brighter its spectrum would be shifted very sharply towards the blue end as compared to Sol which is centred more closely towards the red end of the spectrum. You would certainly need protective glasses if you were on a planet located too close to Mu Arae, and Michel was definitely adversely affected by the intensity and brightness of that star’s light.
shezmear

holy cow... :shock:
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Matt

bhuvan wrote:My intention was to indicate that the speed of light is not a barrier. Becasue one of friend questioned me that "how is it possible and do you think that einstein is wrong?". My point is it is possible to break the light barrier.

So it is not a surprise that their vehicle travelled 20000 times the speed of light.
Of course it is possible to break the light-barrier if the object is massless. It fits into Einstein's equations quite neatly, in fact.

That's some really awesome stuff, Shaeel :) Thanks for sharing!