I'm Skeptical

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

gog

You people, are UNBELIEVEABLE sometimes....

can't you sense what is happening within you...?? hmmm..

Just take DEEPBREATHS..

and since you ppl like quotes.. let me see, let me pick one... ah yes..

and THE NIGHT BRINGS COUNCIL...

Chao..
Andreas

gog, What is wrong with discussing? People have different opinions, which is what makes us human and not robots. Or did you react on something else that is happening to them?
soulrider

Can we get one thing straight ppl, Michel had the experience and wrote the book, Chalko just jumped on the bandwagon after the fact... :roll:

IMO Tom is only there to promote his own scientific dribble - sure, he has some good ideas, but he isn't anyone I would personally base facts on... the world is going to explode? what a load of garbage! If that were the case, then w h y on earth was Michel taken on the journey?

I have met both these people more than a few times, and while I find Michel to be completely honest, genuine and a great "vibe", I have NEVER got a good "vibe" off Chalko...

I offered many many times over the years [well over a decade ago too] to help promote, design and push the story of TP, but Tom wont let go of the cards, he holds them close, to help promote HIS works, hanging off the coat-tails of TP. Apparently he knows so much about design/multimedia that he needs no-one else - bwahahahahaha!

Sure, marketing can be a scam, and it IS there to make money [yuk] - BUT, marketers can/do sell ANYTHING... there is NO reason at all that TP can't be marketed and pushed further onto society. Yes, Michel has done enough, and as stated, the book may only be useful to a select few of us... So, in my case, I believe I was exposed to it to be able to contibute my skills and help move it along...???

So as far as being skeptical, I'm NOT skeptical of Michels story, although question it often, but I am of the self promotion of Chalko...

[/end rant]

gog; what is Chao? do you mean ciao?
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
Robanan

Essene wrote:I would be interested to know what Tom's response would be when asked why Venus does not blow up...
Did you look hard enough?
Isn`t it so that according your theory venus would have exploded a long time ago? [Yonah].

Try to understand the difference between heat and the temperature, It is not subtle.

Whether a planet cools down or heats up internally depends primarily on how much heat its surface can escape to space per unit of time.

If the amount of heat escaping into space is larger than the amount of heat delivered to the planetary surface from outside (mainly from the Sun) the planet cools down internally. This is because planetary interiors are sources of heat. If the amount of heat escaping into space is smaller than the amount of heat delivered to the planetary surface from outside - the planetary interior accumulates heat and its internal temperatures grow.

Now, the heat can escape from the planetary surface to space ONLY by radiation. The amount (the rate) of this heat escaping by radiation is proportional to the 4-th power of the surface temperature. Hence, all other things equal, if the temperature of the planetary surface doubles - the amount of heat radiated to space increases 16 times.

Try to find what is the average temperature on Venus, and on Earth, take the temperature ratio and calculate the 4-th power of this ratio. You will see that Venus radiates many times more heat to space than Earth does.

Hence, Venus interior may in fact be cooling down... To verify what is really going on you need to compare the amount of heat Venus receives from Sun with the amount of heat it radiates to space.

Earth's interior overheats, because NASA measurements prove that Earth's surface absorbs more Solar energy than it is able to radiate back. Ask NASA for data about Venus and you will know for sure if Venus cools down or heats up.

The fate of a planet can be determined by observing its surface from outside. [Tom]
Taken From http://www.bioresonant.com/cgi-bin/star ... forum.html
Just type in Venus in the search box of Tom's private forum.
Essene

Thank you for showing me that, funnily enough I have been going over the forum lately, must of missed that.......
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Essene

Also soulrider is it unlawful for you to promote TP? Why is that Chalko who has not written the book himself can make anybody else not promote it?
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Robanan

soulrider wrote: I offered many many times over the years [well over a decade ago too] to help promote, design and push the story of TP, but Tom wont let go of the cards, he holds them close, to help promote HIS works, hanging off the coat-tails of TP. Apparently he knows so much about design/multimedia that he needs no-one else - bwahahahahaha!

Sure, marketing can be a scam, and it IS there to make money [yuk] - BUT, marketers can/do sell ANYTHING... there is NO reason at all that TP can't be marketed and pushed further onto society. Yes, Michel has done enough, and as stated, the book may only be useful to a select few of us... So, in my case, I believe I was exposed to it to be able to contibute my skills and help move it along...???
Marketing TP? why? you think marketing it will make it more available than the online free copy of it?

Why would you want to push TP further in society? do you sincerly think that people who are not looking for it will find the contents of the book useful for themselves?

Well, to tell the truth, it wasn't TP that helped me to grasp the truth in TFOC, and it wasn't Chalko's promoting himself that made me go on and try reading TP. People are deeper than what marketers think they are.
Last edited by Robanan on Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robanan

Re: I'm Skeptical

Mr. hack5paz

throughout the lines of all that you wrote it seems you introduced a good example about one of the main flaws of the scientific method.
hack5paz wrote: And then there's also the claims that chalko makes about it like on a radio show a physist couldn't prove anything in the book wrong. Well negating the fact that it's imposible to prove anything wrong, which I think is what the scientist was getting at,...
hack5paz wrote:if I were to tell you that a teapot were orbiting the sun between earth and venus, you could not prove me wrong. All you could do would be survey the sky and see that there is not a teapot in one particular place at one particular time, but you could never ever disprove that there is no teapot. for more info on this analogy, look up russel's teapot.
hack5paz wrote:This is where it shows your lack of knowledge of the scientific method. First off, what science does is makes a hypothesis and then tries to disprove it.
The methods and criteria of science to disprove a hypothesis are various, so I won't go through them... but excuse me... do you really think lack of evidence is enough and a valid reason to disprove a hypothesis?
soulrider

Robanan wrote:People are deeper than what marketers think they are.
c'mon, if that was the case then this planet wouldn't be as pathetic as it is :roll:

I think you're only looking at the negatives of marketing [sure, there's tonnes of them] but there is POSITIVE designers/marketers out-there too.
Robanan wrote:Marketing TP? why? you think marketing it will make it more available than the online free copy of it?
And how do you propose ppl find this online copy? via marketing perhaps?

Essene wrote:Also soulrider is it unlawful for you to promote TP? Why is that Chalko who has not written the book himself can make anybody else not promote it?
I do what I can already, and have for many years at my expense. There's big walls on going further though, and I've already stated what that wall is.
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
shezmear

Andreas wrote:gog, What is wrong with discussing? People have different opinions, which is what makes us human and not robots. Or did you react on something else that is happening to them?
Please tell me....

Just clear up some thing I said, I think in retrospection marketing is to strong a word, When ever someone has tried to market the book example, putting stuff on the cover ect, It never really quite worked for me, but I think some ways to verify the information would be great, maybe this comes down to my lack of imagination and or ability on my part, which I’m happy to own, but if you look at the state of play, nothing has really changed, and I guess I think it should have given the nature of the book.I can understand if people are unconvinced, I think as soon as you start pitching the book as real,with out facts that people can relate to then that is a bit of a grey area.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
gog

Hmmmmmmm what can i say....

i cant say anything i suppose...

some ppl seem to be drifting from the original message etc etc..

enough said...

oh and CHAO... thats SPANISH.

yeah i'm South American.
Essene

This video which shezmear thankfully brought to my attention was a big help in helping me belief Micheal. From the video I judge him to be telling the truth and the facts that he puts forward such as there being one huge stone in the middle of the pyramid and others help me to believe the story as true, until the day that I know.....

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?do ... 2148053410

Zio

Is it just me or Hack5paz haven't posted recently? :P

Lots of thoughts are stirred here... 8) But in the end there is agreement :wink:

This is interesting. ^^
Matt

soulrider wrote: Sure, marketing can be a scam, and it IS there to make money [yuk] - BUT, marketers can/do sell ANYTHING... there is NO reason at all that TP can't be marketed and pushed further onto society.
The one problem with marketing something so controversial is that it will get a bad rapport and the people who are undecided will be decide against the book without seriously contemplating it. It will no longer be considered a gem, but as generally regarded rubbish.

That is what is special about letting the readers themselves market the book to people they know who will get something from it. Since there is no general consensus on it, and their friend had given it to them, they will most likely give it a fair judgement.

The only doubts I have about Thiaoouba Prophecy is the fact that Michel has moved to the Vietnam jungles because "it is too late for humanity". By leaving he has only doomed anyone else from learning from his experience and leaving us only to his book, and Tom Chalko. The book is crammed with information, but Michel and his lectures is the other half of the equation. Leaving just doesn't fit with his message. Maybe he will return, ALA Thao's story of Jesus Christ? As interesting as that would be, I don't think that fits with the message either.

As for Tom, I believe he is sincere in his motives but some of his research is a little out of perspective. The scientific method, in the right hands, is a grand method - but Tom doesn't seem to do that or publish the scientific papers in any journals or online on his website. All the research and his work can only be taken with a grain of salt. In a sense, he is giving us answers on a math test with no answer key, and he is not giving us the paperwork to how he got those answers; we can never verify if he is right and try the equations ourselves. Only to "take his word on it."
shezmear

Essene wrote:This video which shezmear thankfully brought to my attention was a big help in helping me belief Micheal. From the video I judge him to be telling the truth and the facts that he puts forward such as there being one huge stone in the middle of the pyramid and others help me to believe the story as true, until the day that I know.....

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?do ... 2148053410
Ya, this is a point I made some were else on the forum, when I watch the video he does not strick me as someone that is makeing it up...he looks like an average man telling people what happened....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C