I'm Skeptical

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

hack5paz
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:35 am

I'm Skeptical

Post: # 9261Post hack5paz »

OK, I stumbled accross this book and tom chalko and his website when I was about 15 (I am 19 now.) At the time I had just freed myself of the shackles of christianity. After trying, without succsess, to believe in god again, I started searching for something else. I looked into buddhism, wicca and a bunch of different religions and philosiphies. Needless to say, I did not find something to fill the spot where christianity once was. I then stumbeled accross Tom Chalko's website. It was actually because durring one anthropology class, my spiritual teahcer was talkig about auras, which I now think pretty reasonablly is just retena burn, so I searched google about auras. Chalko's website was one of the first that came up. Being less scientifically versed than I am now, I bought into some of the stuff, not all of it but some. I was still skeptical about some of the things like humans being placed on the earth 1.3 billion years ago, as I was taking an anthropology class at the time and had just studied evolution. But I did buy into a few things such as the moon actually becoming closer to the earth and the aura thing and all that. I even bought into the idea that the michael dude had actually been abducted by aliens and that global warming might make the world explode. However, some of the stuff depressed me and I eventually let it go, and all this stuff went to the back of my mind.

I found the website again about a year ago, however this time, I was much more scientifically knowledgeable and now had the mind of a skeptic. I was no longer looking for anything spiritual and embraced my atheism, and now was a scientific skeptic. Reading the stuff on the website, I couldn't believe I bought into any of it. It seemed so stupid to me. the unfounded idea that this guy had been abducted by aliens and brought to this utopian planet where aliens tought him about how to make humanity better. There was no concrete evidence, and this guy was selling a bunch of books and chakra t shirts for insane prices. The idea that humanity had somehow come to earth 1.3 million years ago is also a claim without any concrete evidence. And his article about the global warming making the earth explode? Wow, ok there. first of all, in the article chalko compared his "discovery" with that of other great scientists. Really, if there is a comparison to be made, history will do that, chalko shouldn't be making that comparison. Secondly, the idea that the earth's core is nuclear reactor? This makes absolutly no sense, first of all, the core is made of molton nickle and iron, those two elements have no radioactivity whatsoever. Secondly, the earth causing a planet to explode? If this were true, than the planet venus would not exist. Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system because of a runaway GREENHOUSE EFFECT. Seriously, venus' interior is very similar to earth's so we would probably not even know about it as it would have exploded from global warming. The biggest threat global warming poses is the runaway greenhouse effect NOT the earth exploding. And even then, the feedback loop is not well documented so we don't really know if current CO2 levels are even close to achieving this condition.

Alright, so I decided to read a free copy of this book, I didn't get far. I found it rudantant and overly preachy. And while I realize it's supposed to be transimiting a message, I always got the feeling that it had a I'm holier than thou air of supiriority tone to it. And then there's also the claims that chalko makes about it like on a radio show a physist couldn't prove anything in the book wrong. Well negating the fact that it's imposible to prove anything wrong, which I think is what the scientist was getting at, there are things in the book that are very improbable. And I am in no way as smart as this scientist probably is, as I have no science degree, however, I still think there are some obvious things in the book that are not true.

Number 1. the Origin of men on Earth. First of all, the evidence is overwhelming that humans evolved from the same common ancestor as chimpanzees and other apes. There is no fossel of a homo sapien before 130,000 years ago and thus no evidence that modern man was around 1.3 million years ago. In fact, the evidence points to the contrary.

Number 2. Now this isn't from the book but chalko seems to sell alot of aura t shirts so I'm listing it here. Auras. They have been studied and believe it or not, research points to retena burn. THat's right, you know why the aura shirt enhance the aura, because they're colorfull which means more color for the eye to absorb.

Number 3. Jesus was sent by Thiaoouba 2000 years ago and had a bunch of kids and lived in japan. I'm not even sure how to respond to this. First of all, all writen records of jesus were writen over 50 years after his death. Secondly, as related to the first point, jesus may actually not have existed. In fact paul the apostle was seemingly very ignorant about the life of jesus as in all his writings, which most of the new testement is. He only seems to know about his death, resurection and assention to heaven. All the gospels were writen after paul died and are all composites of eatch other. Same story writen 4 different ways. Also, jesus sares many traits with other polythiestic gods such as mithras, the christians just claimed that mythras and the other gods weren't real and were in fact satan while jesus was real. And even if he did exist as is claimed in the bible, he existed durring a time where there were many massiahs, he just happened to have survived to today. Going by this logic, monty python's the life of brian was more historically correct than the passion of the christ. I could go into greater detail about this, but I should be getting on to another point.

Number 4. This is from the website, the dinosaurs died out 5 million years ago when the smaller second moon crashed into the earth. OK there, the dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago durring the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event, most likely caused by an asteroid, a supervolcano or some combination of both. Carbon dating and the fossil record are pretty clear on this fact, as there is a sudden drop off in fossils after a certain level of the soil. There is no evidence earth had a second moon, though there is no evidence there was not a second moon but, this is an example of something you cannot prove. To push this point further, if I were to tell you that a teapot were orbiting the sun between earth and venus, you could not prove me wrong. All you could do would be survey the sky and see that there is not a teapot in one particular place at one particular time, but you could never ever disprove that there is no teapot. for more info on this analogy, look up russel's teapot.

So ya, things that also turn my *** meter on are the supposed telepathic messages michel gets from the aliens telling him not to answer questions or chalko and his selling of chakra t shirts. So ya, I've come accross this a few times in the past and I just found this message board and the reason I'm doing this is that I'd like to see responses from people who believe this.
"Think for yourself and question authority" - Timothy Leary
hack5paz
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:35 am

Post: # 9262Post hack5paz »

Oh and also, about the planet exploding thing, Chalko uses the exmple of some greek phiolosopher who saw a planet explode. OK there, he was probably telling a story, and if it were an explosion it was most likely a supernova and if it really did happen, he would not be the only source of that story. And why are you using some philosipher from the 4rd century B.C. to back up your point, we've advanced so far since then.
"Think for yourself and question authority" - Timothy Leary
Essene
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:28 am

Post: # 9263Post Essene »

Like you I am skeptical to a point because I myself did not travel with micheal and since he provided no "material" evidence we have to take his word, until the day I have experienced things such as astral travel and verified it as something other than a figment of my imagination by checking out a license plate on a car in a different country or something I will have some doubt.

Although the story is logical to me and is entirely possible if not probable. First of all he knew about the needles in space which was only verified later and unless he worked for the government it would of been hard to get that information.

The evidence of a tomb of Jesus in Japan supports the book and I believe that the evidence is conclusive and wasn't just planted there by Micheal and Tom in some sort of grand conspiracy, note the traditional song of the local Japanese.

On Auras, whilst I have not learned to see them and cannot say whether or not they are just retena burn I have tested the GDV device when I myself stayed at Tom's and can say without a doubt that an aura or something exists which allows incredible amounts of information to be had about ones personal state from just your fingertips. It could even tell that one nostril was clearer than the other and that my favourite colour is light blue. There was simply no way that could Tom could of known the state of my physical state to such a degree without the aura or bio field or whatever being true and hence interpreted with the use of GDV. I only wish I had tested the effects of the chakra shirts myself to see for myself if any improvement was made in the aura.

Also I believe Tom's character supports atleast his part of the work. He was kind, generous (letting me stay for free, paid for meals, and was kind enough to pick me up from melbourne and take me back again). He is a genuine person whose intentions and motives are pure, I see no ulterior motives in what he does and that of Micheal who now lives in Vietnam if that is indeed true. The only other explanation is that they're both mad. Although he can be slightly scathing and can come across as aloof I do not expect him to be perfect as he is just another human being trying to better himself and explore all possibilities in the world.

Also the claim that a person is taken every 100 years or so was interesting to me and made a book which I just happened to be reading at the time all the more interesting. It was The Pilgrim's process by John Bunyan which I suggest people here read. It is possible that this John Bunyan was abducted or at least recieved a similar message to that in the book. You can read it online here

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=01gO ... #PPA348,M1

A very interesting quote from the book which could refer to Thiaoouba.

"So I saw that when they awoke, they addressed themselves to go up to the city. But as I said the reflection of the sun upon the city( for the city was pure gold) was so extremely glorious, that they could not as yet with open face behold; but through an 'instrument' made for that purpose"

Could this not be a reference made of thiaoouba through the interpretation of a 17th century man? Perhaps...


Hmm i have much more to say and will add on this in an hour or so ( somebody else needs to use the internet....)
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Essene
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:28 am

Post: # 9264Post Essene »

I would like to reply to what hack5paz said.

Remember that in those times the belief was that the stars were gods in the sky and astrology was very important to them. Also this certain planet that exploded wasn't some distance star but a planet in our own solar system whose disappearance would surely be noticed. After all we are talking about a God here. The story was that Zeus struck his chariot with a thunderbolt but Plato didn't believe in such things and knew it was something more scientific. Also note the mysterious asteroid belt which orbits in our solar system that scientists can't explain.

dang out of time again, will come back later.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
hack5paz
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:35 am

Post: # 9266Post hack5paz »

Essene wrote:. Also note the mysterious asteroid belt which orbits in our solar system that scientists can't explain.
With the asteroid belt the likely explanation is that it is simply a failed planet. The hypothetical planet Phaeton is only really taken seriously by "fringe scientists" and creationists. It has been sugested that the greek myth could be taken as an asteroid impact on the same level of the Tunguska event, but there is no concrete evidence for this. There is also a hypothetical fifth planet that was proposed a few years ago called planet V that was hypothesized to exist over 3.9 billion years ago but was destroyed when it's orbit was disturbed by Jupiter (note that 3.9 billion years is a far cry from being observed by Plato.) Computer models of the asteroid belt show that the amount of matter it has right now is just a small fraction of what it used to be, and that it once had as much matter as the earth. But even though this is all theoretical, saying we don't know therefore it's the planet phaeton is faulty logic.
"Think for yourself and question authority" - Timothy Leary
Ptah
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:39 pm
Location: australia
Contact:

Post: # 9268Post Ptah »

hack5paz,

Its good to be skeptical. Its a healthy thing.

But challange yourself to question the models and asumtions that our so called clever mainstream scientists say.

Eg Geo physics. The whole science is paradox and pradiam. Ideas and models some very conflicting.

During a full moon the earth admits, 100 fold the amount of radiation i think from memory its neutron admission's. No scientist can answer how this is possible, without some kind of nuke decay going on. I know one who can,, do you.

In the Gobi desert, China. foot prints in sandstone with a size 8 sandal stretch across for some distance along an ovbious ancient creek bed, even dating it with the best scientific equipment, the date is over 1 million years old. This makes it impossibly old.
So evidence like this is thrown out to adviod paradoxs with history.

iron 3inch nails dug up out of coal mines, over 10 million years old, same with jewllery, a bath tub, and a ceramic tiled floor, have to be ignored because admiting there existance over a million years ago would debase current understanding.


In New Delhi, India. An iron disk construction known as the Ashoka pillar is over 1500 years of age. It has not rusted away!! why not?? no one has found the answer.

Cement cylinders in new caledonia, dated 5120-10950bc. Even the earlyest date is thousands of years before man reached the pacific. Whats more the first limestone mortar dose not appear before 200bc. How is this possible.

20000 stones of various sizes carved with what appears to be extrodinary and sometimes very detailed surgical procedures, from brain surgery, blood transfusions, tumor excisions, cesarean sections. They were found by the 16th century in the town of Ica in Peru, and there real age is unknown.

The list goes on and on and on...

In regards to the Aura, the brain is an incredible adaptable organ. As you train your brain to do different tasks the wiring gets hard wired {so to put it}. like learning a new skill.
If you constantly say its impossible for you it will always be impossible. The moment you say i shall try you create a possiblity. You brain starts creating new pathways to understanding and using this new skill. Like playing the piano it will take time and effort.
Retena burn, is like the sore fingers you experiance after learning to play a piano for hours on end.
hack5paz
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:35 am

Post: # 9269Post hack5paz »

Wow, umm... you know, being skeptical also means not accepting things without evidence. You listed a bunch of random facts that would require you to provide me with a peer reviewed report on them for me to believe.

First of all, the earth generating 100 fold radiation during a full moon? This makes absolutely no sense and I'd love to see the peer reviewed article for this phenomenon. I mean, how does the earths location relative to the moon and the sun have any effect on the radiation levels on earth. All a full moon means is that the sun is directly opposite of it at it's phase in the lunar cycle during it's revolution around the earth, it doesn't affect the earth in any way. And also, wouldn't equipment go haywire if this were true. I would love you to give me a link to this phenomenon, and even if it were unexplained, so what, science doesn't pretend to know the answers to everything.

Your second example disturbs me because it shows you know nothing about the scientific method. You state that In the Gobi desert, China. foot prints in sandstone with a size 8 sandal stretch across for some distance along an obvious ancient creek bed, even dating it with the best scientific equipment, the date is over 1 million years old. once again, I am inclined for you to lead me to the exact study where this took place. You then stated This makes it impossibly old. You then stated "So evidence like this is thrown out to avoid paradoxes with history." This is where it shows your lack of knowledge of the scientific method. First off, what science does is makes a hypothesis and then tries to disprove it. If a scientist had found this footprint to be 1 million years old they would love this discovery as it would make things stand on their head. And even then why does it have to be a homo sapien footprint. Is it possible that homo erectus or homo habilus had footwear? And lastly, if this was covered up, then how do you know about it.

Your second one, that 10 million year old nails were found also contradicts the Thiaoouba story. It specifically states that humans were placed on earth 1.3 million years ago, so which is it? And, this is getting redundant but, show me a peer reviewed article about this. once again, scientists would love this evidence and would not throw it out.

A 1500 year old iron disk has not rusted away after all this time. Well, probably it's been well kept by whoever built it. And even if it were unexplained, just because science can't explain it doesn't mean science has failed. science can't answer everything, and science doesn't claim to know all the answers. Science can't explain exactly how the pyramids were built, but it has some good theories, most of which are probable.
Ptah wrote:Cement cylinders in new caledonia, dated 5120-10950bc. Even the earliest date is thousands of years before man reached the pacific. Whats more the first limestone mortar dose not appear before 200bc. How is this possible."
Well actually humans were in new caledonia as hunter gatherers over 50,000 years ago so... ya. Secondly who says they built the columns with limestone mortar.
Ptah wrote:20000 stones of various sizes carved with what appears to be extrodinary and sometimes very detailed surgical procedures, from brain surgery, blood transfusions, tumor excisions, cesarean sections. They were found by the 16th century in the town of Ica in Peru, and there real age is unknown.
Really. Interpretations of ancient stones are often controversial. People used to think that the Egyptian hieroglyphics depicted aliens coming down from space to meet the Egyptians. I haven't heard about this, but since their real age is unknown they don't prove anything. Lastly
Ptah wrote:In regards to the Aura, the brain is an incredible adaptable organ. As you train your brain to do different tasks the wiring gets hard wired {so to put it}. like learning a new skill.
If you constantly say its impossible for you it will always be impossible. The moment you say i shall try you create a possibility. You brain starts creating new pathways to understanding and using this new skill. Like playing the piano it will take time and effort.
retina burn, is like the sore fingers you experience after learning to play a piano for hours on end.
OK, when I first discovered this tom's site, I believed in the aura thing without question and did the exercises on his website, I did actually start to see things. However I don't think it was auras, it was probably just the eyes getting tired.

Lastly let me state this, there have been historical examples of science being covered up because people didn't want their world view changed. But it wasn't scientists who did this, it was religion. In the name of Christianity, Galileo was forced to recant that the earth revolved around the sun and lived the rest of his life under house arrest. Today people are trying to get creationism taught in school along side evolution despite the fact that creationism employs no hard science whatsoever. A true scientist would love to have their theories disproved because it brings them closer to truth. Scientists don't cover up discoveries, people poking their heads where they don't belong do. And even then, today we don't really see that, except with the US government covering up global warming and we can prove this because the republicans have suppressed climate scientists and we have records of this. What we don't have are records of a mass conspiracy that proves evolution is wrong or that the lunar landings never happened or that scientists covered up a bunch of discoveries. Why would they do that, it makes no sense to me. It certainly doesn't give them any profit. And I can't stress this enough SCIENCE IS NOT PERFECT. SCIENCE DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS. however just because something can't be disproved doesn't mean it's true. what science can do is give us a better understanding about the world in which we live, and to me every scientist just wants to understand the universe in which we live.
"Think for yourself and question authority" - Timothy Leary
survivor
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:32 am
Location: melbourne, Australia

Post: # 9270Post survivor »

Hey hack5paz, nice thread, I just gonna grab some popcorn and wait for the 'gatekeepers' to have their say. Then I may have mine. You're not alone.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
User avatar
trumpet_is_cool
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:59 pm
Location: Germany

Post: # 9271Post trumpet_is_cool »

hack5paz wrote:Lastly let me state this, there have been historical examples of science being covered up because people didn't want their world view changed. But it wasn't scientists who did this, it was religion.
Scientists get paid for their researches, this - for example - is an interesting discovery :
http://www.medioambiente.cu/museo/exmari.htm no money is flowing in this research, you can`t make money out of it and it might destroy the current view of the world...If a scientist decide to do researches on "paranormal" phenomenas and covers up something which is against common scientifical knowledge (like the existence of a soul) then he will either loose his job/acceptance or the money for the research.

Have you read the book "The Tao of physics" from Capra ? Go and get it:
Fritjof Capra (born February 1, 1939) is an Austrian-born American physicist.

Born in Vienna, Austria, Capra earned a Ph.D. in theoretical physics from the University of Vienna in 1966. He has done research on particle physics and systems theory, and has written popular books on the implications of science, notably The Tao of Physics, subtitled An Exploration of the Parallels Between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism. The Tao of Physics makes an assertion that physics and metaphysics are both inexorably leading to the same knowledge. His works all share a similar subtext: that "there are hidden connections between everything". Huge numbers of this book have been sold, but Capra's views are dismissed by some scientific observers as being unfalsifiable and therefore of little interest to them[1].
If you had an spiritual event in your live (like a kundalini awakening [for scientists this is something whis is non existent, i had one and call tell you that it isn`t an Imagination, i lost my strong scientifical believe after this personal experience]) then you KNOW what he is talking about. Instead of accepting his view he gets bashed from mainstream scientists, it is always easy to supress a minority.

Another example : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_earth_theory
plate tectonic theory can be true but expanding earth theory can be true aswell, can`t explain a mass growth yet ? Let`s dismiss the theory, we will explain the size of the dinosaurs later :roll:

Science knows VERY little but they behave as if they know everything...
Essene
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:28 am

Post: # 9273Post Essene »

Remember that fundamentalism isn't just found in religion, it can also be found in scientific thinking. Every time a new paradigm was put forward that challenged the old paradigm resistance was met and I don't we are in a time in which we can discount conflicting evidence, put away all research and rest comfortable knowing we know all there is to know. I don't you think this either but I'm just adding it.

Please don't take this personally but I believe an atheist state of mind which discounts completely the existence of a God is just the same as someone who is a blind believer in God. Both usually seem to shut their eyes and ears to the world.

Also there are many examples of science covering up new discoveries because the 'high priests' or 'gate-keeper's of the paradigm didn't like it. Many examples can be found in this book http://www.amazon.com/Alternative-Scien ... 0892816317

I would direct you to the site but for some reason the site can no longer be found.....

I'd like you to read this article hack, I think you might find it interesting.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles/sp ... igence.htm


I intend on thoroughly researching astral travel and out of body experiences, and perhaps see for myself if Micheals story was true by travelling through the psychosphere, another goal of mine is to attempt to reach my higher self and if that happens I will no longer live in doubt but until then the story whilst I have accepted as logical and probable and the messages to be of benefit whether or not the story is true, then there will be a shred of doubt. Now if I were to simply take the atheist point of view and think of this book as pure BS then I would never know for sure and therefore never be fully satisfied.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Leo
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:01 am
Location: Cairns, Australia
Contact:

Post: # 9274Post Leo »

Skeptisism is good and healthy for the mind, but not believing in the possibility of something just because it can't be proven or someone hasn't done a study on it is not healthy for the mind. The mind has huge potential and limiting it by saying such things as Auras are just retina burn, I would love to see the peer review article that proves beyond doubt that this is true.

One of the main things I got from this book (other than spiritualism), is do not believe anything that is written, do not follow the flock and most importantly develop your mind and knowledge. So in other words, read something, believe it is possible then go and prove it to yourself and in your own mind...

Lets take Chris Columbus for example, he was probably told or read or took an interest in the Earth NOT being flat, he then had to believe it, and then prove it for himself. If he had not travelled as far as he did, would people have believed him about the world being round??

If he had only travelled 1 nautical mile offshore, would that be enough evidence that the world was round?? No, he kept going.

So how can you say Auras are just retina burn when you haven't gone through with training the eyes to see Auras? Or did you just give up after the first try or second or even the 100th?

If we all gave up trying to walk as a child after the first few attempts just because we couldn't do it, and just say, "walking upright for a human being is impossible, I can't do it so it must be impossible" is a way to hold back our physical evolution as a human beings. If you are a strong believer in evolutionism, then sometime in history the first human who thought of standing upright, must have believed it to be possible, before practicing, and obviously failing a few times, before he became skilled at the art of walking upright??

By saying anything or everything in Michel's books or anyone else's books for that matter is false because I can't prove it, is limiting our mental/spiritual evolution.
A true scientist would love to have their theories disproved because it brings them closer to truth. Scientists don't cover up discoveries, people poking their heads where they don't belong do.
Isn't that exactly what Michel has asked for in his book? A monitary reward for anyone who can disprove his theories? Because lets be honest here, all he has stated in his books are theories to everyone else, only he knows, and we will know too if we all can prove his theories right... or wrong...

As I said... Skeptisism is good and healthy, but don't let it limit your own possibilities...
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Ptah
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:39 pm
Location: australia
Contact:

Post: # 9275Post Ptah »

hack5paz,

Lets examine this statment...

"Wow, umm... you know, being skeptical also means not accepting things without evidence. You listed a bunch of random facts that would require you to provide me with a peer reviewed report on them for me to believe."

"Believe"... i'm not asking you to believe anything.

"evidence"... Evidence is only possible if you, the chicken or dog or a scientist is willing to accept it or understand it.

"You listed a bunch of random facts that would require you to provide me with a peer reviewed report on them for me to believe."

You need your peers to believe something for you?

Lets examine this statment..

"First of all, the earth generating 100 fold radiation during a full moon? This makes absolutely no sense and I'd love to see the peer reviewed article for this phenomenon. I mean, how does the earths location relative to the moon and the sun have any effect on the radiation levels on earth."

Well it dose actually if you understood it. When there is a full moon, the earth is in the highest gavitational pull between the sun and the moon. The crust of the earth is under the greatest stress. Earthquakes are at a very high probability at this time. From memory i think its neutron emition at its high peak. This is picked up by satilites. The material is available, just fish around for it. Nasa's web site, usgs.. ask some questions.

lets examine this statment...

"Your second example disturbs me because it shows you know nothing about the scientific method. You state that In the Gobi desert, China. foot prints in sandstone with a size 8 sandal stretch across for some distance along an obvious ancient creek bed, even dating it with the best scientific equipment, the date is over 1 million years old. once again, I am inclined for you to lead me to the exact study where this took place"

There are many books written on strange artifacts.... i had one not so long ago, tomorrow i'll give you the title and author.

"Your second example disturbs me because it shows you know nothing about the scientific method"

Well i do just a little, but lets not forget that a hypothesis is an idea, to meet known variables etc. This idea is only best guess...

"And lastly, if this was covered up, then how do you know about it."..
I never said anything of the sort, i said to advoid paradox it is discarded. Lets not forget scientists are people, they fall to pressure if their lively hoods are at stake.

"Is it possible that homo erectus or homo habilus had footwear?"
Homo habilus and homo erectus, are theroy. You can find a nice artistic drawing of them in any libary. You can also gather all the bones ever found of these and put them on 10 by 10 foot table. All the bones are incompleate



"Your second one, that 10 million year old nails were found also contradicts the Thiaoouba story"

Not at all, whats not correct is OUR dating methord.

Heres a book for you to read.. "why 50 scientists believe in creation" these are phd scientists and give great reason why they choose not to believe in current theroy in choosen fields of study. Myself, cant see how they believe in the bible, but they do.


"Really. Interpretations of ancient stones are often controversial."

Indeed they are.

"what science can do is give us a better understanding about the world in which we live, and to me every scientist just wants to understand the universe in which we live."

This statment is so true and they should be permitted to do so, no matter how they come to understanding how the universe is. There is no reason why you and i cant either.
Like Sir Newton, with an apple hitting him on the head. gee didnt that cause a stir...
User avatar
bomohwkl
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 4:56 pm

Post: # 9276Post bomohwkl »

Hi hack5paz,

From my experience, you are experiencing the first wave of rational thinking. You are still young and you might experience second wave of more expanded rational thinking in at least another 5-6 years later where you start to think *** you 'buy' in all those ideas which seems logical at that time. Maybe you will not experience the second wave of expanded rational thinking in your life.
Try to do a PhD an a few years of postdoc in science, you will definately arrive in that expanded thinking.........
At the meantime, brush up your mathematics , science and psychology... :lol:
Zio
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:09 pm

Post: # 9277Post Zio »

survivor wrote:Hey hack5paz, nice thread, I just gonna grab some popcorn and wait for the 'gatekeepers' to have their say. Then I may have mine. You're not alone.
You're really not alone here. :P

I didn't see anyone properly greet Hack5paz :) So, welcome to the forum Hack5paz :P

Remember everyone, that anything can be true at our level of understanding. Hack, you're still 19. I may say by my own experience that we, young people, have a hell lot of things to learn. So don't take the world as if we're the brightest person in the world who can challenge everyone and always prove that we are always right. I know that you will say that you're not the brightest person, but we all act like that unconsciously in a level or another. Every 'scientists' do, normally at least (I don't want to generalize).

Let us all take things as not enemy's arguments, but interesting things to debate on. That's the first thing we must do in situations like this. Don't try to disprove the other just because in your field of knowledge, it's impossible. We know the example of the flat earth theory. But didn't you know that it applies on both side? You never know who holds the Truth.

Last advice: people, don't be scared to be wronged. :)
User avatar
Rezo
Posts: 721
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:28 am
Location: usa

Post: # 9290Post Rezo »

Theres a site critiquing authenticity of the Takeuchi document, claiming jesus signing 'jesus christ, christmas god' indicates it as forgery. Among many other aspects. Dont react straight away now, just take a look and observe first.

http://www.zetetique.ldh.org/herai_en.html

as well, the author mentions that herai is not for hebrai, but instead, for 'the coming door of 10' or just 'the coming door'. And that a professor Eiji Kawamorita says the gravesite [nor the traditions?] didnt exist prior to 1935. Also, a 5 pointed star isnt 6 pointed [obvious].

now, the biggest claim here is that the site didnt exist prior to 1935.

whoa eh? mind bender here. just found this site the other day, by accident.
" There is a single general space, a single vast immensity which we may freely call void: in it are unnumerable globes like this on which we live and grow, this space we declare to be infinite, since neither reason, convenience, sense-perception nor nature assign to it a limit."

-Giordano Bruno
Post Reply