Simple and effective detox program

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

shezmear

Simple and effective detox program

Just did this system,

http://www.blessedherbs.com/Internal-Cl ... -3882.html

I did 3 days of raw fruited and veg, then blessed herbs for 4 days, with one colonic, today all I will do is eat raw fruit and plain organic rye bread , I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good detox particularly the colon. I like this one because you can work while on it. You don’t get the supper high insight and awareness that comes with fasting but you still get a lot of benefits.

I myself find a 3 day (72 hour) fast is about a 2 week process from start to recovery which for me and is not always a good thing.

My eyes went blue again, which I have not seen in a long time, pain went from my joints and injuries, my mind is able to express it self far better through my body to the point that I surprise my self, and I feel a lot better in my skin.

And also I notice a lot of angry emotion passed through me that I don’t have anymore, in fact when they arise I can actually observe and look at them and move on, with more easy then I have ever been able to before.

One thing I did notice though was my mind brings up thing which are like weeks/months/years old and they are realizations, like almost some part of my mind has been thinking about it and is finally ready to spit it out. I will be cleaning the house for example and I will have a realization about a particular event that I thought I had forgotten, and then it all suddenly becomes clear to me, so clear that I wonder how I did not see it before.

Ho, and what it costs you, you save on food..

Love it!
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Essene

Nice....

I'm going to try eating nothing but spirulina for a few days and see how I feel, I'll let you all know the results of my little experiment once I'm finished...

It it great to feel like your mind is working efficiently.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
TempUser

Re:

Essene wrote:Nice....

I'm going to try eating nothing but spirulina for a few days and see how I feel, I'll let you all know the results of my little experiment once I'm finished...

It it great to feel like your mind is working efficiently.
How is that experiment going?

I have bought some Spirulina myself. http://www.nutricity.com/n/pc/showsearc ... submit.y=0
I didn't know that powder form would be the only one available for retail sale. I was hoping I could find it in it's original form...but I've had no luck with that. This isn't bad though because I can make some very good drinks out of it. It has a weird smell to it but the taste isn't bad when if you ignore, or just build an appreciation for the smell.

Has anyone here tried the "Fruit Detox" mentioned by Tom? At first I couldn't find very much info on it but with time and effort came results(as I often forget this applies to anything). As you know a lot of them are biased main stream research based on daily intake and DV...so watch out for all the weight losing programs, try to pick out the gems if you will. Here are a few sites I thought people might find interesting. I tried the program for 4 days and I felt great...I was paranoid for a bit because I didn't excrete anything but urine and sweat for a few days...no fesces came out for 3 days. Unfortunately other than the fact that I ran out of fruit on the 4th day, I was discouraged by someone who gave me the impression that they thought they knew all there was to know about the human body. He made it sound as if detoxifying was pointless, saying he questions the rationale of those who fall for these "scams" because he doesn't' know what exactly it is we are trying to clean. Anyways...alot of these will provide technical info, but not really much specific advice on how to go about doing the programs is provided(how long, how much, etc).

The Fruit Pages provides a lot of general info about fruits..
http://www.thefruitpages.com/diet.shtml(a general page with links that provide helpful info on fruits and detox)
http://www.thefruitpages.com/detoxification.shtml (this one just explains the toxins and contrasts it with detoxification)
More info about detoxifying with fruit...I will post more info when I find some!
http://www.detoxifynow.com/detox_fruit.html

Here's another one about an herbal detox program that explains a lot and sounds interesting...the logic behind what they say makes a lot of sense. Basically if you want to truly benefit from detoxification, make sure ALL of the organs involved in the cleaning process are at least in good clean condition first before you begin the FULL out detox (fasting perhaps). This program will help you (through an herbal diet)clean and repair those major organs involved in the process...while the rest will be repaired through the actual detox program and the rest of self-healing can begin.
http://www.healthrecipes.com/herbal_detox.htm

I hope you some one finds these links helpful, I know I did and I am still reading a lot of what is contained in these alone....literally. I think if anyone out there is skeptical about detox, do research first so that you can come to an informed decision.
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko
blacksands

Re: Simple and effective detox program

I've done the "blessed herbs" detox. Felt fantastic. I try to do a detox at least one a month now.
Teda

Don't know what happening with the RSS feed, I seem to be missing a lot of posts lately.

For the last 15 days, I drank 3 glasses of green juice, one bite of pawpaw (was tasting my friend's lunch) and heaps of watermelons, as much as I could stomach, and I'm feeling FANTASTIC! I've never done a mono feast on watermelon before and I don’t think I want to stop. It's a great way to detox gently, as it still allows you to do your normal everyday activities while detoxing at a slower rate, much slower and less painful than water fasting. No need for colonic, I had normal bowl movement throughout, only that is red. Charming!

AaronNZM, I believe this link with help you "Bowel Action during Fasting": http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyg ... 7.ch13.htm
Cheers!
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
Essene

Whilst I have not done what I said I would and just eat spirulina for a few days I was taking it daily for many months and ran out about 6 weeks ago. I have found the white spots that I had on my nails which had disappeared during my time of eating spirulina have now returned. Also some white spots on my teeth but I am not sure if that is due to other things I shall have to re-stock on Spirulina as I view it as an essential supplement for the maintenance of a healthy body.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Zark

I've had some experience with fruit mono-diets (AKA fruit fast) and water fasting too. I have been using them occasionally for over 2 years in order to control my rather painful immune disorder (Ankylosing Spondylitis)..

== healing ==
Both fruit fasts and water fasts are effective at bringing a range of immune disorders under control (eg. asthma, hay fever, eczema, sjorgrens syndrome, rheumatic disorders and I suppose the majority of inflammatory immune disorders, perhaps psoriasis too?) and perhaps some mental disorder also.

== a sick experiment ==
Over 2 years ago I got really really sick once after eating something that was a bit off (bad watermelon in fact! silly me ;)). Everything was coming out both ends (I was vomiting and on the loo a lot). I couldn't keep my food down, so I decided to experiment on myself and give fasting a try (using yourself as your own body as a guinea pig is a time honoured tradition in science btw). Well.. there were a few more trips to the loo and another round or 2 of vomiting, but after the last and final up-chuck I was in NO PAIN within minutes. I was amazed at how powerful a role my gut obviously had in the role of my immune disorder.

== helpful physically, mentally and spiritually ==
I can't remember exactly how long I fasted for. It wasn't much more than a day I think. However, I can still remember the incredible change in my mental state. I was very calm and serene and my my mind was strong, sharp and quite still, so utterly different to my usual tense / stressed out state. I remember how strongly I was motivated to do creative and interesting things with my life.

The physical healing effects were also fascinating. During this period it became clear that what other faster say is true -- the body is now able to focus its energies on healing the body. I seem to recall Tom Chalko saying that woulds are healed in order of affliction, and with each one you would experience its pain briefly. Well, I can't quite fully verify that, but I remember very briefly my ear started to ring and then stop and this did seem to verify what Tom said. This ringing made me think of the old ringing ears I used to have occasionally ('tinitus' is an occasional side effect of the non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs which I used to take)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams