Dinasaurs

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Essene

I don't think anybody here is preaching trygon, we are all simply stating our points of view and would not want anybody to simply believe what we say without researching and understanding it themselves.

I do agree with you that preaching almost never works, preachers are the equivalent of annoying telemarketers trying to sell you things you didn't want in the first place. The spiritual path is only for those who choose it, it cannot be thrust upon them. Just like the saying, the master will come when the pupil is ready.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Trygon

In my mind the story just fits to well to be the product of someones imagination.
which have lead to important scientific discoveries
You want to avoid saying those things. Saying that the book is scientific or hard core evidence is a bad idea. That's why people do not take it seriously. You need to describe it as a religion almost and in a religious way because people do not question religion or religious beliefs out of fear that they may offend.
And yes I picked up the book as a possible explenation for my experiences, I read it, found it quite entertaining. A nice little science *fiction* new-age spiritualist story. Not the most enthraling language or the most creative plot or the most well thought out esoteric references. Just a nice little read.
That's what a lot of people, like me, think of the book. The fact is that it is too much of a story. Desmarquet needs to try again with the book and write it with teachings and in serveral stories all in one book. People refer to the Bible even when they are not Christian for the teachings and to use it as means of advise. If he did this it would be presentable as a book of a belief and therefore something to believe in instead of know as a fact.
"I know what I want,
I say what I want,
And no one can take it away"
shezmear

Trygon wrote:I am sorry, but alot of the things said in sciforums is true. Some parts of the book are immoral and you do not have proof. Though you can't be disproven so that is something...I guess. I would suggest that these topics are posted in forums related to this kinda stuff and reframe from creating profiles just to preach people. Yes, avoid preaching, it gets your *** sorely kicked by others. Try to look at it from the point of view of a person that is just explaining what it is.
Who`s preaching?
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
shezmear

Trygon wrote:
In my mind the story just fits to well to be the product of someones imagination.
which have lead to important scientific discoveries
You want to avoid saying those things. Saying that the book is scientific or hard core evidence is a bad idea. That's why people do not take it seriously. You need to describe it as a religion almost and in a religious way because people do not question religion or religious beliefs out of fear that they may offend.
And yes I picked up the book as a possible explenation for my experiences, I read it, found it quite entertaining. A nice little science *fiction* new-age spiritualist story. Not the most enthraling language or the most creative plot or the most well thought out esoteric references. Just a nice little read.
That's what a lot of people, like me, think of the book. The fact is that it is too much of a story. Desmarquet needs to try again with the book and write it with teachings and in serveral stories all in one book. People refer to the Bible even when they are not Christian for the teachings and to use it as means of advise. If he did this it would be presentable as a book of a belief and therefore something to believe in instead of know as a fact.
What the ***?

Describe it as a religion?

No one is liberated by lowering the gates of heaven;

You of all people should know that ,Christian…
J.C
Essene

Religion shouldn't be mixed with spirituality. Religion does little else but divide people as you can see has already happened....

Apparently Michel was told what to write and add nothing, people will be disappointed if they are expecting a conventional sci fi story because it's meant to be a work of fiction. On a side note fiction is usually infinitely more incredible than the greatest of non fiction.

Do you think that people not argueing against the book or anything for that matter because they don't want to offend people makes the book or whatever valid. Please evaluate what you just said because it is embarrassing.

You advice is that we should avoid using "facts" to argue a point but should instead make it religious and lofty so people would believe in it................ Wow... please reread what you said. I am guessing you are young, you can't be over 18, this is fine I once "believed" in Christianity until I realized believing would never be enough.

Trygon as Jesus once said beware of those who hold the keys of heaven yet never enter it themselves. Do you think God needs a proxy? Do you think some guy dieing on a cross 2000 years ago absolves you of all your sins no matter what you do?

Can your friend go to school and learn for you whilst you stay at home? Can your friend practice on a guitar and you become the next Jimi Hendrix? Can a man who died 2000 years ago absolve you of YOUR sins?
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
survivor

Essene wrote:
Trygon as Jesus once said beware of those who hold the keys of heaven yet never enter it themselves. Do you think God needs a proxy? Do you think some guy dieing on a cross 2000 years ago absolves you of all your sins no matter what you do?
Hi Essense, I'm just after some clarification from you in regards to your post that I've quoted above.

Essene, are you saying that you don't believe in the history of Jesus Christ - in consideration that you said "Do you think God needs a proxy"...?? (thanks in advance)

----

P.S Shezmear! Swearing at the types of 'Trygon' will not get you many answers, But it sure could be fun. :lol:
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Aisin

Dear posters,

I thank you for all your sincere posts, which I can feel are coming from your hearts, including all the preaching & swearing.

On the other hand, be reminded that as a basic forum etiquette, please post in line with the topic and objective of the sub-forum.

If you are having an animated debate about your respective beliefs, there could be a standalone topic created to do it.

I see that the recent discussions have digressed as far as possible from the original topic of 'Dinosaurs'. They will be considered for deletion or re-location.

Thank you for taking note of the clause in bold.

Administrator, Golden Planet Forum.
Essene

Survivor,

I simply meant that God does need an institute (for example a church) in order to reach God.

For now I believe that Jesus did exist but cannot claim full knowledge of his history. I also do not believe he was God, or the son of God, at least any more than we are all children of God.

shezmear

survivor, I’m not anger any more, one of the moderators gave me warning, and that’s cool, I blame no one for my behavior, although it was properly a set up, actually the more I think about it , it was…still, if you tolerate someone you will grow to resent them, I think it is safe to say, I don’t resent Trygon…he can come back anytime and we’ll do it all again…
J.C
survivor

shezmear wrote:survivor, I’m not anger any more, one of the moderators gave me warning, and that’s cool, I blame no one for my behavior, although it was properly a set up, actually the more I think about it , it was…still, if you tolerate someone you will grow to resent them, I think it is safe to say, I don’t resent Trygon…he can come back anytime and we’ll do it all again…
Yes, what you say about tolerating someone, you will resent them, yes, I can agree with your train of thought.

As for your warning from the moderators. Well, I would prefer they stop using words such as "guidelines" and "clause". I mean, at the end of the day on a internet forum, "guidelines" "clause" simply mean "rules". Same sh*t, different spelling.

..and what's with the swear filter anyway? Do the moderators have something to fear? No? Then maybe it's control, what else could it be. (my personal thoughts)
survivor

Essene wrote:Survivor,

I simply meant that God does need an institute (for example a church) in order to reach God.

For now I believe that Jesus did exist but cannot claim full knowledge of his history. I also do not believe he was God, or the son of God, at least any more than we are all children of God.
Hi Essene, thanks for replying and I must say, I doubt you could be any more honest, I appreciate that, thanks. :)
shezmear

Essene wrote:Yes it is amazing how much BS has managed to be accepted.

Thank you for giving the exact quote Matt.

I found it interesting a few days ago when I found out that even "pagan" britons under the old druids believed that the soul simply waited in the afterlife to find a new body to inhabit. It seems to be a recurring theme throughout the old religions.
profound...
J.C
Matt

Trygon wrote:I am sorry, but alot of the things said in sciforums is true. Some parts of the book are immoral and you do not have proof.
WHAT?! You have just broke one of the greatest laws of philosophical and logical discussion. Immorality is completely subjective and therefor not a liable argument towards the validity of anything. A lot of the things said in the sciforums is a load of ***. Most of the people who responded barely read the book and came off with superficial opinions just by the website. The old saying, "Never judge a book by it's cover," is a wise one.

The logical fallacy of 'appeal to authority' or 'appeal to pity' applies here very neatly. Just because some person on sciforums says the book is BS because, heaven forbid, the website actually has stuff for sale doesn't nullify TP's argument. Just as well, even if the author is a crook or an insane man doesn't mean their argument amounts to nothing.
Robanan

Essene wrote:You advice is that we should avoid using "facts" to argue a point but should instead make it religious and lofty so people would believe in it................ Wow... please reread what you said. I am guessing you are young, you can't be over 18, this is fine I once "believed" in Christianity until I realized believing would never be enough.
You are right Trygon Von Drake is 16 in real life.
Trygon has clearly misunderstood both the context and the message of the book.
Matt

Robanan wrote: You are right Trygon Von Drake is 16 in real life.
Trygon has clearly misunderstood both the context and the message of the book.
Refer to my above post... Age has nothing to do with the validity of his points or views. Attack the points, not him. If he is wrong, you should be able to prove it.

His age proves nothing about what he is saying. It's like telling a child, "You're too young to understand," when most children understand happiness, innocence, and honesty better than almost everyone in the world today. Your point is moot.