Dinasaurs

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

shezmear

I don’t think robo was defending our never to be seen again friend...in fact he never planned to return, his post is basically Graffiti.....he shat on everyone from a great height then left….I’d just delete it actually, it’s not even worth the conversation…
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ptex

Good intuition Shez!
So far all evidence seems to support your theory that Trygon just came here to stir things up a little :) but I don't see a reason to delete his posts, he's a bit off topic and provocative but it seems that this alone is not enough to delete posts and I believe there's something to be learned there, specially about humility and acceptance / tolerance.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
shezmear

I`m pritty good at looking for the golden thread, I think I got that one, If I missed anything please enlighten me....humility and acceptance / tolerance?
J.C
ptex

I don't mean you Shez, I was talking about myself there although I wasn't specific because these are the lessons I saw I could benefit from and thus not really agreeing in deleting the posts.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Matt

Hey Shez, lighten up. Sure, he caused a stir but deleting the posts is like erasing parts of your memory.. Would you want to forget parts of your past? Isn't your past what makes you who you are?
Rezo

this is more about fossil of ancient bugs than dinosaurs, check this one out:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071121/D8T1QTI82.html

wierd, eh? I never even knew about the sea-scorpions [current ones, not as large], until watching a short video from Nigel Marvin.....wow....

Reminds me a little about that really really old fish coeleanth or however it is spelled.

Apparently, there are some who believe dinosaurs existed with man, [some left] and actually say they may still exist and base it on art, writings, maybe some eyewitnesses but w/o video [but some photo] - like ufos of course these can be faked. I guess you might call this area, dinosaur-cryptozoology. Do I believe it - no but I find it slightly interesting.
shezmear

Matt wrote:Hey Shez, lighten up. Sure, he caused a stir but deleting the posts is like erasing parts of your memory.. Would you want to forget parts of your past? Isn't your past what makes you who you are?
Matty, there are some things I would Like to forget, somethings I have done and said in my past.... however I thought about pulling it down because it just jacks me off....and it’s not really discussion it’s a covert putdown, however, if you guys want to leave it, so be it…I’m cool…

Although it does bring me to a point of forgetting or this may not be perfect example but it may be kind of relevant about forgetting.

forgetting has a real advantage at some points of evolution, example remembering past lives, I remember for so long I wanted to know what I did in my past life’s, until one day I came to a point of my mind were I felt that I could know some of my past lives, the feeling that moved through me I can only describe as, stomach turning fear, like sitting before a black box with curiosity driving me on, but something told me by my feelings that I can’t control what is in there and I can’t undo what is in there once I have seen it, so I never looked, and properly never will again, so for some things forgetting is o.k., I’m sure when I am mature enough to deal with it I will choose to remember…or look back in that black box…
J.C
shezmear

ptex wrote:I don't mean you Shez, I was talking about myself there although I wasn't specific because these are the lessons I saw I could benefit from and thus not really agreeing in deleting the posts.
Ho..O.k....ya, look if there something you can salvage so be it....
J.C
shezmear

Rezo wrote:this is more about fossil of ancient bugs than dinosaurs, check this one out:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071121/D8T1QTI82.html

wierd, eh? I never even knew about the sea-scorpions [current ones, not as large], until watching a short video from Nigel Marvin.....wow....

Reminds me a little about that really really old fish coeleanth or however it is spelled.

Apparently, there are some who believe dinosaurs existed with man, [some left] and actually say they may still exist and base it on art, writings, maybe some eyewitnesses but w/o video [but some photo] - like ufos of course these can be faked. I guess you might call this area, dinosaur-cryptozoology. Do I believe it - no but I find it slightly interesting.
Dhats one big mother of a bug....
J.C
Robanan

Now seeing that bug makes me remember a question I had for years.

Was the termination of dinosaurs necessary for making this planet inhabitable by humans?
shezmear

ya, come to think it...that would make perfect sence....
J.C
Essene

I'm sure that not even dinosaurs could compare with the destructive powers of man but yeah its a good theory.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Matt

Robanan wrote:Now seeing that bug makes me remember a question I had for years.

Was the termination of dinosaurs necessary for making this planet inhabitable by humans?
I wouldn't think so. Almost all of the large dinosaurs were scavengers or herbivores. All the carnivores were generally the size of our own alligators and sharks.
banshee1965

Re: Dinasaurs

I didn't see anything in the book about prehistoric man's fossil evidence. Is there any information to clear up the absence of reference? The absence of any reference to indigenous earthlings piqued my curiosity. Of couse, it is plausible that since science has never found the "missing link" that the colonization of the planet has nothing to do with species of humanoids that may have been extinct prior to their arrival. Does anyone know whether current mitochondrial dna has been linked to species that existed ( prior homo sapien ( neaderthal, cro magnon, etc)? I need to look that up. If there is no link between mitrochondria in today's humans and that of prehistoric humanoids ( that is given that it can be retrieved) then there is your proof. Its funny, I have never really delved into what would be called "new age" pursuits. I found out about Desmarquet through a dream analysis website (having incredibly lucid dreams), but somehow, on a instictive level, i have always believed that:

1. Darwin was right (sort of) Mankind did evolve but not necessarily on this planet
2. Earth was colonized. I have never really bought into the theory that the differences in peoples of the earth were merely influenced by migration and environment. There are way too many holes in the theory, especially given how truly small our planet is. It has always been inconceivable to me that someone living in Britain for example, could evolve so drastically differely than someone living in Africa. They are too close together geographically speaking and... the temperature differences in my opinion are not extreme emough to produce such difference in physiology. I am not suggesting that the differences are inequal. Just different and of course, amazingly wonderful.
joao vieira

Re: Dinasaurs

There is clear reference in The Book regarding Humanoids sighting by bakaratinians although realizing they were actually monkeys p.35 in portuguese version.

This does not prove darwin is right in fact its the opposite, darwin excludes!! the very same tool he used to reach is conclusions, that is intellect, in his Theory witch is today regarded as fact is totally unverifiable and is no more correct then "stars fall from the sky" there is 0 evidence for the "survival of the fittest" nonsense, observing nature people will only find balance..
Natural selection is indeed even more unverifiable then Alah or God from bible...

Migration is more silly.. Martial Arts a result of temperature and clima ????