Problematic Minor Details from the First Chapter

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Meedan

Minor Details from the first chapter

I don't know what it is about the first chapter of TP, I have found (and solved) many tiny problems or contradictions that I thought I'd found in that chapter. :D

These next tiny things are about their visit to Aremo X3, at the end of the first chapter.
Right in the middle of these large monitors, I began to distinguish an enormous mass that is difficult to describe. Let me say only that it was round in form and blue-grey in colour. It remained immobile in the centre of each screen.

In the room, all was silent. The general attention was focused on three astronauts in command of oblong-shaped pieces of equipment resembling in some ways, our computers.

Suddenly, covering a huge area of what I believed was a wall of the cabin I was stupefied to see an image of New York - no! That’s Sydney, I said to myself, and yet the bridge is different ... was it even a bridge?
How would they have been able to get an image like that, from the distance they were? For Michel to recognise a bridge, recognise it as a city, etc, it could not be from the top-down view that our GPS satellites normally give us. But I don't see how they could get any other view apart from an aerial view.

My attention turned to another smaller screen being monitored by two of my ‘hostesses’. On this panel I could see our spacecraft, as I had already seen it in our parallel universe. As I watched, I was surprised to see, slightly below the middle of our vessel, a small sphere ejected, like an egg from a hen. Once outside, this sphere accelerated rapidly towards the planet below. As it disappeared from view, another sphere emerged in the same manner, and then a third. I noticed each sphere was being monitored on separate screens by different groups of astronauts.
My question here is: How could they get a third-person view of their spacecraft?

:oops: Sorry for the insignificant questions, but I do like to iron out any 'kinks' in my understanding of The Book.
With Love
Marcus

My question here is: How could they get a third-person view of their spacecraft?
Meedan, you have a very astute eye for detail. I failed to recognise these details even though I've read the book too many times to recall.

Remember that they are monitored by their intergalatic station which can safely guide them out of trouble in 81% of cases. I would 'assume' that the third person view of their spacecraft is from this intergalatic station. Maybe with some powerful zoom?
How would they have been able to get an image like that, from the distance they were? For Michel to recognise a bridge, recognise it as a city, etc, it could not be from the top-down view that our GPS satellites normally give us. But I don't see how they could get any other view apart from an aerial view.
Possible established outpost camera already set-up in the city. Or their camera is capable of a much more powerful zoom and angles than what was described in the book.

They are Masters in Nature, surely material technology is purely childs play to them.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Meedan

Marcus, thanks for those ideas. You're probably right about the aerial view issue. I still wonder about the third-person view issue though. We suspect that Thiaoouba is in the pleiades cluster, making it about 440 light years away from Earth. I don't think it's possible for the zoom to be that powerful, and I think the distance means that it would take 440 years for light to reach Thiaoouba from this planet, and Aremo is in a solar system very close to this one.

So, any other ideas anyone?
With Love
Lachie

they could curve atoms in space/time and form a lens and then transmit the information back to the spaceship through an intergalatic wormhole :) or they could release another probe that michel was unaware of that monitors the launch of other probes.

lachie
God is a games designer =]
Meedan

Lachie wrote:they could curve atoms in space/time and form a lens and then transmit the information back to the spaceship through an intergalatic wormhole :) or they could release another probe that michel was unaware of that monitors the launch of other probes.

lachie
:D

Yes, it definitely could have been a probe.

I also take your general point Lachie, there are so many different things it could have been, we'll never know what exactly it was. There is no contradiction or problem though, since there are these possibilities.

Thanks everyone.
With Love
Kestrel

If you have an advanced sphere as such, I mean its quite possible that they had probes launched because the area they were in was considerd dangerous by their computers, correct me if Im wrong.
Lachie

I also had a thought, Meedan and others - what if it was not a 3rd person view, but was a maintenance view or something - a simulation designed to monitor the passing of the probes.

Or it could be a Thiaoouban-style schematic view with super-advanced 3d graphics. Maybe they could run Half Life 2 :) (nerd joke!)

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Meedan

Both the Schematic and the probe solutions both immediately came to mind when I first thought of the problem, but both didn't seem credible at the time. I hadn't factored in the possibility that their schematics may be so good that they fooled Michel. I can't remember why the probe solution did not seem credible at the time, but it certainly seems credible now. :)
With Love
Vesko

With a powerful zoom from several kilometers above the planet and assuming that they are not zooming in at a structure 90 degrees below the spacecraft, what's the problem of Michel discerning a bridge?
Regarding the third-person view, possible solution is that they could have set up an invisible force-field sphere with a larger diameter than the physical sphere, the former acting as a mirror.
Artifical 3D graphics would not be needed if it can be done in reality, Lachie.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

Lachie wrote:they could release another probe that michel was unaware of that monitors the launch of other probes.
That is what I always assumed was the case when they were watching the probes launch from their spacecraft (called Alatora). But I had never considered how the aerial view of the city would be accomplished. My guess would have to be that it was a scout probe sent ahead before the others. But given their technology, it may be possible for them to make an aerial view from their spacecraft. I expect our own technology would have trouble with both focus and atmospheric haze.

with metta,
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams

it says in the Book that advanced technology utilizes spiritual abilities as well. maybe some form of clairvoyance is used to remotely view things? perhaps projected on the screen by the Thiaooubans?

also... i read on here a long time ago that the aliens "are aware" of this forum? how do we know that? what significance does it have?
Vesko

Anonymous wrote:it says in the Book that advanced technology utilizes spiritual abilities as well. maybe some form of clairvoyance is used to remotely view things? perhaps projected on the screen by the Thiaooubans?
Indeed, we cannot exclude this possibility. But I doubt such transmission has directly to do with the consciousness of the people in the craft (i.e. they projecting it on the screen), except that they were able to create this technology in the first place. More likely it was technology based on the same phenomena as clairvoyance.
For example, do you remember that in the book a real-time conversation is held between the people in the craft and the people in the intergalactic base. At the time the conversation was held, the two parties were much farther from each other than a few light-milliseconds or less necessary for a comfortable conversation without any latency.
So, in addition to having mastered superluminal speeds for physical objects, they've also got superluminal communication. In the abovementioned communication session and likely for the craft's cameras as well, I personally doubt they were using their own telepathic powers. While they could do it, if we reason with common sense they were likely facilitating themselves by their technology in the sense that they could still do it by themselves, but using their mind to projects received telepathic communication so that Michel can see them (because Michel most probably could not receive those from afar) would take them energy they rather not waste for a relatively simple process that they can very likely automate, considering their overall level of technological advance.
also... i read on here a long time ago that the aliens "are aware" of this forum? how do we know that? what significance does it have?
I'm sure we said "probably" there, or we would correct it if we said something misleading.
While I review the forum logs, nowhere have I found communication origins such as "thaosdoko.thiaooubaplanet.com" :) .
I joked with Lachie once that if a lady from Thiaoouba watches this forum, she would probably be behind nine :) anonymous proxies, i.e. computers masking her Internet IP (an IP is required for any communicating computer on the internet) by doing all communication on their behalf.
Come to think of it, I don't really think that anyone out there in the big Cosmos is really interested in this forum. But we can all make it more useful for them to be interested :).

Thanks, guest, and cheers!
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Sence we must ask ourselfs questions we must ask ;)

Dose thao need a proxy ?

Wait now, see I just got the nine unknown proxies I see.
Vesko

:lol: Hahaha, Kestrel, that was a great line -- indeed, why should they need proxies :) when the Creator himself does not need a proxy :)?
Kestrel

Dose the Great intellect, really need to register to post ?

hehe