TP_Lecture_1997.wmv

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

tomyen

TP_Lecture_1997.wmv

Hi to all,
I'm new to forums, in general, and was inquiring if anyone can tell me where I can find Michael Demarquet's 1997 lecture that apparently was on google video au. I have heard so much about it and some more interesting points was clarified that .

The site which I have tried is,

http://www.video.google.com.au/videopla ... 2148053410

but has now been removed.

I would be most greatful to any one that might have a copy of same or avail me to the correct site to view same :)
survivor

It was removed? That's is so weird! Why would anyone remove it or have it removed?

Nobody owns the lectures, there's no copyright if I remember correctly.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Matt

Yeah I went looking for that same lecture just last night and saw it was removed. What's the deal?
survivor

I do have this lecture on my old hard-drive. If I can extract it, I'll try and put it on youtube or google, whichever is easier.
ptex

I apologize for a late answering to this topic.

First some background on the video. The video is copyrighted by Michel Desmarquet and Tom Chalko is Michel's representative in his absence.

When I first received the video some time ago I meant to digitize it and make it available freely, but then I thought that in order to release it openly on the web I'd need to have authorization to do it since I don't have any rights over it. This is strictly regarding ethics and my way of doing things. I always thought: who am I to decide anything regarding this video? My answer is obvious.

As such I have contacted Tom about this and after some messages back and forth he agreed to release it with a small questionnaire about TP to grant access to it but not openly.

Tom expressed his concern that the video would be rather irrelevant and even potentially harmful if watched by everyone without having understood first what TP is all about. He agreed that the video could be a good complement to all those who having read and understood The Book.

The quiz is only a small technical detail used to honor Tom's request.

Now at this point I must say that I've been working on the video, digitized it and worked on improving the quality of image and sound a little. I have also worked on the quiz and I have the video ready and in place and soon I'll have the quiz ready too. I should also say that I first planned to release the video on the New Year and this was meant to be a surprise, so... so much for these plans.

Having said the above I still don't have the quiz script ready, but I can make the video available to anyone who requests it (please address me by PM), given that they implicitly accept to honor Tom's request.

I know this issue is polemic (as the contents of TP) but I trust you'll reflect upon what I said above and kindly honor our request.

A final word for all the interested ones: the message of TP is in The Book. In the video Michel goes through the whole journey and adds only a small number of details that were not in the book. That's all. :-D
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
shezmear

I put the video up and pulled it down, after a few emails with ptex it was agreed that as long as the video is made freely available to the public and there are lots of sign posts on example Wikipedia that the video can be seen… then I figured that it could not hurt to represent the video this way.

I don’t agree that the video is just the same as the book with a few extras, it is some what ironic that the only people that say this are the people that have seen it, yet turn that very thing around and say it to someone like Tom befor he has seen it and he would still demand to see the video , I mean, Come on man!.... we want to get a look at the guy in action who bloody cares if he’s in rabbit suet playing strip poker…just let me see him talk and do his thing….

It`s not just about info, there`s a whole lot of emotional factors that play a part...ever seen a band live?, why would you bother you got the C/D... right?

People like Tom are so afraid of the info being judged by the public they almost control the way the info is distributed, it’s like almost a form of patronizing elitism, “Ho the public will see it and go, this guy is a fool”, they may or they may not, But at the end of the day it is what it is, and let it be that….

Also there are subtle things one can pick up about seeing someone talking with their own eyes…
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ptex

We all have individual opinions and freedom of choice but when it comes to any kind of authority over the video, yours is the very same as mine: none. I recognize Tom as Michel's legal representative regardless of any subjective personal opinion I may have on him. My choice has been therefore to honor his request.

While the quiz programming script is not ready, reiterating what I already mentioned before: I will make the video available for all that request it (via PM) and agree to honor Tom's request.

The video is available in 2 formats: a small size (242Mb) and Medium Size (244 Mb + 236 Mb).
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
tomyen

TP_Lecture_1997.wmv

Many thanks to all that have contributed to coments about the video and I,m so greatful for all your input, some I agree with and some I don't.

I'm a little conererned as to whom is in fact the authorized person that represents Mr. Desmarquet. If you go to Meanwells site they say they are the only authorised persons to lecture about the book and they charge for the CD's and video's and so does Dr Chalko. Thao is not wrong when she/he said that we are locked in a materialistic world and money seem to rule our lives.

If anything Mr Desmarquet should have stipulated to his representatives that they should not make any money from the lectures and other materials drived from it,which would consequently make the message to all concerned stronger credability, not that I needed any convincing.
shezmear

I recognize Tom as Michel's legal representative regardless of any subjective personal opinion I may have on him. My choice has been therefore to honor his request.

I really do think your being a bit kind to your self there old friend...your honoring the request that is congruent with your own….

If Tom asked you eat the video would you?

Why not?

You only honor the request because it is partially congruent with your personal view, you use the so called “law” as way of letting the final decision of that matter be made, but with out noting that that actual event is heavily loaded with personal bias…Toms,"that does matter” you say well, It’s Toms call, But this is really just to support your personal view, 3rd time I made that point...

I have conceded to go along with this course of action to keep the peace and you have assured me that the video will still be made freely available to the public and I know you will do that, of course you could do a meanwell and build a little business on it and use it to attract people in to TP seminars….which if you upset them they will tell you not to come to.. (Not a shot at you ptex)

and you can do all of this...The video is available in 2 formats: a small size (242Mb) and Medium Size (244 Mb + 236 Mb)..
or just put it on google for everybody to see....

You know?

I’ll leave it in your hands....
J.C
ptex

Please notice the following taken from the end of the video:

also take into consideration that the original video was purchased through the http://www.thiaoouba.com web site.

Now the video is not available through the web site or anywhere else so before jumping into conclusions that it could go into public domain I did my home work and checked if there's any copyright message attached and indeed there is!!! So of course the only logical thing to do was to contact the author or his representative (which in this case is Tom).

So, I already explained (several times) that my first impulse was to release it for free but after realizing what I mentioned above and contacting Tom I agreed with him with the format of its release. My view is that it's better to have it this way than not to have it at all (and this was possible then because at the time nobody had the video - not even Shezmear or Survivor).

In order to be even more clear the video will be available for free (its access will be through a questionnaire but not paid) and the resources to make it available are fully supported only by me because the domain is outside goldenplanetforum.com and is not a free one.

Could it be that my only aim is to make it available for free in a fully legitimate manner? Otherwise why would I bother to go to the lengths I've gone??

Tomyen, if you look carefully Tom, Yianna and Michael Meanwell's roles are, in my opinion, complementary so their claims as to who has what rights thus don't overlap each other (although they both sell the book).

Regarding someone charging for his or her services, I'd invite each and one of us to look at ourselves in the first place. As far as I know we have no millionaires around in this forum so what I'm about to say may be true to all (or most) of us: don't we either have a job, a small business or are students supported by our parents? Are we living in an ideal world already, much like when MU existed? Can we totally overrule money from our lives given our condition?...

In my view a step in the right direction is to find creative ways to increasingly reduce our monetary dependence and cultivate spirituality. There's another forum in this very site of ours where we are discussing these alternatives in a more or less consistent manner: True Civilisation: How to Establish a Spiritual Civilisation
~William Wordsworth
survivor

ptex wrote:

Now the video is not available through the web site or anywhere else so before jumping into conclusions that it could go into public domain I did my home work and checked if there's any copyright message attached and indeed there is!!! So of course the only logical thing to do was to contact the author or his representative (which in this case is Tom).

So, I already explained (several times) that my first impulse was to release it for free but after realizing what I mentioned above and contacting Tom I agreed with him with the format of its release. My view is that it's better to have it this way than not to have it at all (and this was possible then because at the time nobody had the video - not even Shezmear or Survivor).
Just quickly. I don't like obtaining "something" if you complete a quiz, as a quiz could be a form of brainwashing, I'm sure your intent Ptex, is pure.

If Tom didn't want the video on google then why did he not ask google for it to be taken down.

..and WHO edited the 'said' video and placed goldenplanet.com text at the end of the video???
shezmear

Ptex, I’m starting to get a bit jacked off...you know I awoke this mourning with a very different view of things, no play on TP info....from this point onward I’m not taking in any more of your posturing…I think I can think for my self.....and I`m willing to let the world do the same....With out realizing it you have awoken a giant….
J.C
ptex

Why do I have the distinct feeling that my point was not understood? :lol:

I really feel it's rather useless to try to explain anything more or to further discuss this issue.

If my vision wasn't clear enough and if I even awoke sleeping giants then I surely was misunderstood somewhere. Oddly this giant already knew all of this before. My point still stands and I've stated my reasons as best as I could and knew. My apologies to the giant and his friends for not being able to make myself any clearer :-)
~William Wordsworth
survivor

You fail to see others point of view but your own. What does this say about you.
shezmear

ptex wrote:Why do I have the distinct feeling that my point was not understood? :lol:

I really feel it's rather useless to try to explain anything more or to further discuss this issue.

If my vision wasn't clear enough and if I even awoke sleeping giants then I surely was misunderstood somewhere. Oddly this giant already knew all of this before. My point still stands and I've stated my reasons as best as I could and knew. My apologies to the giant and his friends for not being able to make myself any clearer :-)
Ha, ha, ha,...... he, he, he....hail fellow well meet!

I get your points…. this is not a clarity issue, in fact the very thing is ….I get you loud and clear…your just not aware of your position in the scheme of things, which is more important then the points your trying to make…

Now I got to put one of these.... :lol:
J.C