General questions..

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

kuzya42

General questions..

Is it true that the point of the golden planet forum is to quiet the mind? It's alright if you answer in simple questions.
~Joe
Essene

From my experience no forum ever quietens the mind. In fact I may be wrong but the purpose of a forum is to activate the mind through discussion and seeing other people's point of view.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
ptex

Exactly Essene!
This is a forum for discussing the book "Abduction to the 9th Planet" (also published as "Thiaoouba Prophecy") by Michel Desmarquet, as well as his other book, "She and I"
The above quote is taken from the front page of the forum.
To complement that I'd say that the subjects we're discussing here focus on spirituality, science and life in general.

Quieting the mind is only achievable by diligent practice of meditation and thus not really the purpose of this or any other forum you may ever know.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
kuzya42

Ahhh, so the point of meditation is to quiet the mind...
ptex

Indeed, to quiet the mind and allow space for your inner wisdom to develop :sunny:
If you haven't yet, you may be interested in knowing some of the possibilities meditation offer mentioned in the book The Freedom of Choice. You'll also be introduced to a meditation procedure.
In my opinion that's a very good place to start.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
kuzya42

So the mind is destructive?
Essene

Not at all. I think as you see that meditation is a good state for the mind to be in you automatically think therefore thinking and using the mind is destructive. This is not so. Meditation is simply resting the mind in order to gain new insight or simply to rest the mind. Just as exercising is good for our physical body it does not mean we should do it indefinitely in fact it would be most detrimental to us if we tried. Even in the TP it says we cannot meditate indefinitely, nor concentrate indefinitely.

The key to a good life is balance.

Do you want to sit in a room and not think any thoughts for all eternity?

Do you think you would be able to reason with the level of understanding you now have if you had not thought at all since you were a baby?

Tom likes to say that intellectual growth is spiritual growth and the only way you can increase your intellect is through using it and thinking....

Hence with this reasoning using our mind is not destructive but then again it all depends on HOW you use it. For instance you could use it to reason that life isn't worth living and that you should kill yourself, that would be destructive...

If problems are caused by intellect it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

I hope that clears up some things for you.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
kuzya42

I'd love to not think any thoughts actually..I wonder how I would experience my life is that were the case..hmm..
pattern

haven't been here in awhile hehe...

I didn't read these posts thoroughly but here's my 2 cents...

The whole "quiet the mind" bit is probably referring to the problem of the seperate, self-destructing illusion/idea of a chaotic, craving, overpowering mind over "yourself"... the purpose of "quieting the mind" is to realize you ARE that mind, and to control it blah blah blah... it's all about conquering yourself... there's tons of quotes on that...

anyway the point im making is, 'thinking' isn't 'rambling up the mind' in the way the "wise men" are pointing out here.... it's just a vague expression which has a deeper meaning...

when you hear "no-mind" don't think of a meditating brain in a vegetable state, think of a very spiritually active brain with controlled thought patterns and no seperate mind-battling clutter...

most people are in a constant battle all day with themselves, their "mind".. what they should do, what they shouldn't, etc... it divides them... i go through this problem daily and often succumb to it... it's not hard to overcome it, because all you have to really do is *believe* it's imaginary... fueled by your own desire to not face the world naked... in a sense of mentality lol..

blah blah blah i'm kind of losing the point i was making but basically don't take these expressions, quotes, symbolism, or anything too literally, because that's just defeating the point...

ok, now you can rape my unshielded criticism lol
Robanan

kuzya42 wrote:I'd love to not think any thoughts actually..I wonder how I would experience my life is that were the case..hmm..
If you stop thinking permanently, you risk to damage the development of your intellect. But if you Meditate and then Concentrate, you actually boost your intellectual capabilities for the duration of your concentration.
Kestrel

If our society was more open to these things cars would say.
"Do not meditate while driving" :lol:
Well at least here in the US they gota remind you you're coffe is hot. :roll:
Well just a sidebar.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Robanan

:lol:
Alexander

I don't know if this is the right topic for that, but does any of you know where can I download the hungarian translation of TP? I did'nt found it anywhere.
ptex

Welcome Alexander!
You may try contacting Dr. Chalko directly to check if there's a translation available: feelit@bioresonant.com

Since it's not mentioned in the Thiaoouba web site I'm not sure if a Hungarian translation of Thiaoouba Prophecy exists. If it doesn't do you know anyone who could translate it from English? ;-)
~William Wordsworth
Matt

ptex wrote: If it doesn't do you know anyone who could translate it from English? ;-)
Wouldn't it be a better idea to translate it from French instead? Much less loss of meaning that way.