Immune failure

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Rezo

Re: Immune failure

yeah, ever see the documentary 'the meatrix' its cheesy but basically says what youre saying, maybe not going into the immune system part. Totally true.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 080754.htm

'growing' chickens - nice title :-k I try when possible to avoid eating it, but I do, maybe few times a month, sometimes. If I do I get free range chicken or what supposedly is free range, but grain-fed. Hard to get grass fed around where I live its out there but more expensive and less available.
Robanan

Sounds scary Zark, and I'm even not talking about it's effect on our metabolism and the rest of the things related to it.

One thing that came to my attention while just shopping around is that I see a lot of brands of different kinds of antibiotic soaps and liquids one could use to wash the skin. I don't know how the immunity system of the skin works, so I don't know if it's harmful to the natural skin coating to use such antibacterial products, and if it's okay to use them at all then how frequently would be safe to do that?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Rezo

I dont know what antibiotics they feed chickens but I know Triclosan can be compromising when overused. I use bar soap now.

Also, dioxin can really have a negative impact on immunity.

I think theres supposed to be a certain order to doing cleanses for it to be safest, etc. I wanted to cleanse in the past but was too frightened if something went wrong, so I just ate healthier. but its hard sometimes b/c health food is pricier [unless i have my own garden, which I will start soon! got some seeds already, and a bit of soil]. I'm sure theres still stuff in my body though, I really ought to get out...meantime I take cracked cell chlorella, AFA, reading more on 'glyconutrients' said to improve cell communication [good kind I'm assuming], theres some jazz called NaClO2 or something - and this oxy silver, 'electron jumping compounds' i guess its a 'special' silver, or something. Which might cost a bit. In the past I tried a few other silver brands. Theres a guy whose skin turned all blue [the blue man, do a search!] but hes otherwise healthy....[extreme argyria]. But he took very high doses and the silver quality was probably not great.
Zark

Hi robanan, the amount of antibiotic from the soap that gets absorbed will be so incredibly minuscule not to worry about it. But of course we are just selecting for antibiotic resistant super bugs when we use that stuff, so better to avoid it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

Cancer and fasting

Rezo, yeah i saw the meatrix [i think it is meatrix.com or .org]. Yeah its cheesy.. ;).

What kind of cleanses are you interested in? I have done quite a few before.. some people feel weak and faint if they fast, not me though, I actually feel more alive when fasting. I never fast from water though as that serves no purpose and will do too much harm [unless perhaps self-flagellation is your thing?].

I don't fast from food for very long, however some go for weeks and may take in small amounts of sugar in their water for extra energy. Chalko did this once in order to kill of his cancer.

Most often though I will do a 'fruit fast' which is really a mono-diet rather than a fast. This is very healing too however. I can get a headache sometimes.. this happens because the diet changed too abruptly for the body to adapt.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Robanan

Hey Zark, thanks
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Rezo

um , haha no I'm not into self-flagellating..where'd ya get that idea? If I seem that way its unintentional.

I'm mainly interested in juice fasting since its 'easier'.... I have taken herbals for various things, liver, kidney, colon, digestion, but - I've been kind of informal about it. I also acknowledge how Tom's method makes sense also, maybe the most sense [and most radical]. Its not everyday you can tell someone 'I just fasted for two weeks' and actually mean it. Obviously yeah, you need water, and some small amount of glucose/natural sugars...

I have witnessed dehydration in the recent past - and have experienced same from overworking myself, outside in the summer, just one time, a whiles back. I remember being very dizzy and exhausted [hedge trimming, lawn mowing, that kind of thing].

I have a copy of joy of perfect health. Easy to read. Perhaps at some point I will have to learn to 'get over' the messiness and risk factors and just do it. Until then I'm just eating 'less to no' meat, and juicing [fruits and vegees!], and *doing a lot of talking*[!]. As for headaches from fruit, hm I dont know...listen to your body, maybe its a particular fruit thats doing it.

Ideally though, for food I want local AND organic. Unfortunately where I live its not always easy to get both. So I'm learning [hopefully someday soon] how to grow my own food. And for cleansing, I'd want to start with a liver cleanse. I already take silymarin/milk thistle and drink wheatgrass, which is a good start. Food is more difficult for me to manage properly, though. I sometimes eat for the wrong reasons, even later at night sometimes...