Healthy diet: meat or no meat?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

blacksands

Re: Healthy diet: meat or no meat?

I followed a meatless diet for a few years but wasn't able to tune it so that I could have enough focus and energy. I may well have been missing something. Now a days I eat very little meat and a lot of raw fruits and vegetables. Feeling good all round.
ptex

Same here!
Can virtue be in balancing things then? This is what I believe and experience tells me ;)
Experienced Yogis and Masters alike say that eventually we start feeling the need to depend less and less on a meat based diet as our bodies get more subtle (and pure) with the meditation and yoga practice.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Teda

ptex wrote:Experienced Yogis and Masters alike say that eventually we start feeling the need to depend less and less on a meat based diet as our bodies get more subtle (and pure) with the meditation and yoga practice.
Meditation and Yoga alone did not make a difference for me. I was too tired to do it from eating the wrong food. I needed to be clean inside and out (which resulted from eating raw food) to be attracted to meditation and yoga again. Certain food or substances throw me off the path as it decreases my ability to make constructive decision. It's the other way round for me. If I eat correctly, the rest will follow.

I think people should spend more time on physical development: food, exercise, fresh air, sunshine and rest. Health = awareness, awareness = respect for self.

Sorry about the editing, still learning...
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
jennysmith

Meat-eating should not come into the prescriptions for any invalids from any physician from among those who understand these things. Disease in cattle is making meat-eating a dangerous matter. The Lord's curse upon the earth, upon man, upon beasts, upon the fish of the sea; and as transgression becomes almost universal, the curse will be permitted to become as broad and as deep as the transgression.
-----------------------------------
jennysmith
Last edited by ptex on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Promotion and advertising in this forum is strictly forbidden!
Robanan

Please, let's keep this civilized and not turn it into "The Lord is making the animals sick with his curse so to punish the transgressors who bought eternal damnation upon themselves." type of religious freak show. If there's anything to this then it's us killing ourselves with the help of our own misunderstanding (in terms of mistreating the very animals we use as food). Anyway I'm not planning to live on this planet for 100+ years in a single lifetime, specially when I know I might have to come back anyway... I like meat and it's called slow but steady progress.

I don't need to learn Ninja abilities (telepathy, levitation etc.) to progress spiritually either. hmpf... where's the ninja smiley?!! :help:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Rezo

wow I just watched the 10k$ challenge video now - guess I'm a bit behind :lol: sounds like a great idea - but the challenger might want to have a medical team ready if something goes wrong....to be on the safe side. I love natural news website very nice/informative. Ive always loved to juice now I have an aeroponic garden I grow medicinal/vegetables [very simple!]. Mike just made a rap album [!] one song released, called 'SSRIs - SSR Lies' [rap - contains a little profanity].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxwJy1j3 ... annel_page

As far as organic 'humane' meat goes, its not always as affordable, and you need to make sure of grass-fed and free-range animals. I've read that chemically induced feed should technically make *that* food cost more, but, oh well...