Wisdom of the Overself "Book"

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

shezmear

Wisdom of the Overself "Book"

Years I used to go through TP and find all this little topics in a attempt to try and find proof and more understanding in the book. So I searched for over self, as they say in the book sometimes called the over self. Turns out there is this guy called Paul Brunton who has written an awful lot about the over self. I recommend his book ” The wisdom of the overself” to any of you guys who are interested in furthering the understanding of "your" spiritually .

In fact I can not recommend it enough.

His understanding of pray is profound. Thao supposedly taught Michel to pray on Thiaoouba to his own HS.

So I recommend tracking down a copy and giving it a good read, some of what he says is ***, but some of it is the same as TP with greater clarity and if you understand the HS from TP perspective you can decode with great understanding what he is saying.

http://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Overself-P ... 0877285918

:sail:
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ptex

Re: Wisdom of the Overself "Book"

Marvelous post Shez!!

Our relation with Higher Self / Overself is actually one of my favorite topics and something I want to research as much as possible because I believe it's key to understanding who we are, life, spirituality, the universe and everything we can possibly aim to know.

Of course, a few minutes after reading your post I went out (on the web) and bought the book! I also ordered another book of his: "The Secret Path, a modern technique for self discovery".

Thanx for a GREAT suggestion :sunny:
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
shezmear

Hey bro no problem it’s comforting to know that something good came out of the post. It may take a bit of time to get used to his writing style at least it did with me, but if your filters a primed and ready then there are gems a plenty. In fact his work has already made a impact on my self and personality. I guess I realized that my HS is my own guide while I’m` stuck on this orbiting rock. and I have started to realize that no one is coming to save me from life, that is, if it is to be, then it’s up to me. And in it being up to me , it’s necessary to make sure that I live a life that reflects what I understand. When ever I do this, I find peace, I let go…. :sail:
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Rezo

cool I'm gonna check that one out too :sunny: