Mu, Lamar and Lemuria are the same continent?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Poll ended at Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:55 am

Yes they are the same continent
75%
Maybe
No votes
No they are different
25%

Total votes: 4

Zark

OK, stupid question :-)

Can we agree that Mu, Lamar and Lemuria are just different names for the same continent?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
ptex

Re: Mu, Lamar and Lemuria are the same continent?

I believe you gave the answer here: http://www.goldenplanetforum.com/viewto ... =629#p5993 it's a formidable reference about this subject!!

For me I used to think they were all the same, but then Lemuria is usually attributed to a lost continent in the Indian Ocean that included the Island of Madagascar. This would explain why the flora and fauna in Madagascar is so unique.

Currently for me they have different meanings but as you said it depends on the author :-)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

@ Indian Ocean continent [or part of Asia], maybe you mean 'kumari kandam' [meaning?] In TP there was mention that there used to be land where the bay of bengal is now....but did it extend to the present location of present-day madagascar? Or, say it connected when madagascar was closer to india, but then-madagascar drifted southwesterly direction towards africa?

anyone ever see those wacky looking giGANTIC red trees in madagascar? they look amazing to me!!
Zark

ptex, I am not so sure that I answered anything in that post ;)

see: http://www.lemuria.net/
Lemuria
Description
Lemuria was an ancient civilization which existed prior to and during the time of Atlantis. Physically, it is believed that Lemuria existed largely in the Southern Pacific, between North America and Asia/Australia. Lemuria is also sometimes referred to as Mu, or the Motherland (of Mu). At its peak of civilization, the Lemurian people were both highly evolved and very spiritual. While concrete physical evidence of this ancient continent may be difficult to find, many people "know" that they have a strong connection to Lemuria.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

page 87, Thao said: "As I already explained during our journey to Thiaoouba, the Bakaratinians arrived on Earth 1 350 000 years ago. Thirty thousand years later came the terrible cataclysm which gouged out seas and caused the emergence of islands and even continents. I made mention also, of an enormous continent which arose in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. This continent was called 'Lamar' but is better known to you as the continent of Mu. It emerged virtually in one piece, to be shattered 2000 years later, by seismic shock, into three principal continents."
ptex

Very well observed Zark!!
I didn't quite remember Thao mentioning that and it puts in context quite a few theories...

It seems to me then that 1 of the 3 pieces of this immense continent Thao mentions would be the continent of MU itself as we know it, another (western) piece of this continent could have been Lemuria and the third piece probably Antarctica (just theorizing about this latter ;-) ).

The rest of the topic you started Zark, is very enlightening indeed! :thumright:
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth