Conspiracy theory nonsense

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Grad Svensson

Conspiracy theory nonsense

It seems to me in these days there is a largely growing number of beliefs in things like the New World Order, Illimuminati and other such things.

I'm sure many of you have heard the stories and investigated yourself, and you would see that there is a ton of conflicting information, everyone seems to talk, talk, talk about these subjects with no one really understanding what exactly they're talking about.

Now the psychology behind the formation of these belief structures is very easy to understand. Of course there's the obvious: the normal human need for an individual to feel like he or she posesses knowledge which places him or her above the common people. You can see the evidence for this in how these conspiracy theorists talk about the average person in condescending ways, such as they are "***" who "don't know anything". I've seen them often say things such as "go back to watching your American Idol", etc, to those who don't agree with their slightly paranoid mindset. Suddenly, the conspiracy theorist has become more powerful in their own mind, they now posess radical information which makes them special.

Also to blame is the need for people to shove responsibility for the problems of the world onto someone else. No one wants to take responsibility that they themselves might be contributing to the faults of the world- and so when a theory comes along that someone or something else might be to blame, it's readily accepted by the masses.

For millenia people have believed that evil work in the world is the responsibility of the "devil", when you can nearly always trace the route to something more mundane. How many innocent people burned to death, because they were believed to be 'witches' or other nonsense, as a direct result of this sort of mass paranoia?

People today look at such tragic events as though they are above it, making jokes about that sort of ignorance as if it was purely a thing of the past. However if you look around, it seems as real today as it ever has been.

And now we are seeing an emergence of delusional beliefs that seems almost like they were pulled from a pyschology textbook, that "big brother" is poisoning the water, (and also the air, in this case). The explanation for WHY they would do these things often seems contradictory, no one seems to actually know what the real answer is. Everywhere you look the information is different from the last place. This is more evidence that these beliefs are founded on paranoid delusion, rather than on reality. People are affixing some sort of vast grandiosity to situations which in reality are much more mundane. For example, one belief among conspiracy theorists is that Donald Rumsfeld pushed the approval process of Aspartame through the FDA, in an attempt to poison the people as a means of global population reduction. That's a big leap to take, considering a more likely scenario would be that he did it in order to make money from lazy people who want to eat their cake, and not eat it too. (or in this case, drink their soda...)

That was only one example of many, where the underlying cause of the irresponsible action is more often just to make money, than it is to either a. poison everyone, b. kill everyone, or c. take over the world.

(for more information on how life can exist without the curse of a monetary system, visit http://www.thevenusproject.com/resource_eco.htm)

More symptoms of paranoia are displayed though, when someone presents information that these conspiracies are not true. They are said to be "misinformants", agents of the evil organization who's goal is to mislead people. You've seen this kind of delusion before... in the minds of religious people who claim that something is the work of the devil, that the devil did it in order to mislead them. But where does this kind of paranoia end? How does someone know that the Bible itself wasn't the work of the devil, in order to convince everyone that he was more important than he really is? Obviously that's not what I'm actually suggesting, it was an illustration to prove that nothing is safe from this sort of mentality.

And the same goes for conspiracy theorists. One conspiracy theorist website will label another as "misinformants", and that one will say the same thing about the other one, because their delusions differ from the others. No one could possibly know which person to believe, and so the average person is left only in confusion. This sounds strikingly similar to the difference between various sects of religions, and if I haven't lost you yet, then I think you should be starting to understand how things of this nature start to take shape.

Anyways that's all I have to say on this subject for now, I hope this helps to shed some light on some of the subconscious pollution that's taking place nowadays.

And no, I assure you, I am not a "misinformant". ;)
Essene

Re: Conspiracy theory nonsense

No you are the devil posting this information to further confuse us. :)

I have to admit that for awhile I was getting pains in my stomach for worrying all the time about the "chem trails" or whatever they are in the air that I see quite often in the skies. The fact that someone in the British government admitted that they had tested chemicals on populations from the skies and when asked if they are continuing replied that they cannot comment made it worse. But now I choose not to worry about it because I cannot know the truth and it is upsetting my peace of mind. Things may be done for the reasons you stated and in pure ignorance and selfishness but that does stop the results of these things being evil, in fact it has been said that ignorance is evil.

Though I do agree heartily with what you say about conspiracy theorists. I myself have found myself feeling a little smug at times for thinking I know more than the "average" person but I am aware that it is foolishness to be smug and that it may cause me to be a worse person than "average' because I supposedly know things and yet do not intelligently apply my knowledge.

Its a funny old world.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Grad Svensson

Essene wrote: Though I do agree heartily with what you say about conspiracy theorists. I myself have found myself feeling a little smug at times for thinking I know more than the "average" person
This is something nearly all people are prone to, myself included. It's amazing to me that the individual always seeks to belittle the herd, yet the herd is something we're all a part of. I know I can't live alone... i've tried! It's not fun.
I am aware that it is foolishness to be smug and that it may cause me to be a worse person than "average' because I supposedly know things and yet do not intelligently apply my knowledge.
Well said ;)
shezmear

I think after reading your post I’m getting that you’re recognising that there is a tendency with in people to exaggerate, patarcualry if they have a bias.

After going to bottom of other barrel in conspiracy thing I reach a conclude which helped me put it all to bed, it was this.

1. Instructional analyse does not equal conspiracy theory.
2. Some people that are involved into the conspiracy industry are crazy and thrive on being crazy, it gives them a life.
3. Some deal with some facts and some distorted facts.
4. Unless you plan on doing something with the information there is no point in knowing it.

However I will say when you dig you will find, and when you find you can’t play favourites…no matter how troubling it is….and when I mean dig I don’t mean read other peoples summary’s I mean read the history, the facts, what happened, who did what and when…Then the truth of the matter can become clearer…..

Example: 9/11 if you get all the information and put it together there is only one conclusion that anyone with reasonable intelligence could conclude….but you have to have all the information and you have to be with out prejudice….
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Christus

And I guess that things like this are just accidental and have nothing to do with ulterior motives?

This was an actual letter written to Treasury Sec.Paulson:
At a hearing of the Senate Banking Committee on September 23, 2008, you made the following comments on the urgent necessity of a troubled asset purchase program:

Paulson: We have proposed a program to remove troubled assets from the system. This troubled asset relief program has to be properly designed for immediate implementation and be sufficiently large to have maximum impact and restore market confidence. It must also protect the taxpayer to the maximum extent possible, and include provisions that ensure transparency and oversight while also ensuring the program can be implemented quickly and run effectively.

This troubled asset purchase program on its own is the single most effective thing we can do to help homeowners, the American people and stimulate our economy.

Although the legislation was passed on October 3, the program was never implemented and now has been officially abandoned in favor of alternative plans after little more than a month. Such a rapid reversal raises questions about the TARP’s original design as well as the propriety of future plans.

Congress never intended for the TARP to be a blank check that could be spent with unlimited discretion. To ensure proper boundaries are in place to protect the taxpayer, we hope and expect that congressional approval will be sought by the administration before further changes are made.

Sincerely,

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D., U.S. Senator Richard Burr, U.S. Senator David Vitter
Yeah ... I guess all this talk about NWO's and control would have nothing to do with money. So where's our 2 trillion dollars that's missing ?
(That's a million million X 2 to you !)

Mr.Bernanke isn't talking. I guess it doesn't matter ... you can't really do to much with 2 trillion nowadays anyway. Conspiracy theories ...... pffffft !. What a joke.

Just because you have delusional websites bickering over various theories doesn't mean that the actual theory isn't a reality that's happening whilst you sleep.

It is called discernment. Use it.

And mind you, .. I never said be afraid of it, ...but simply to be aware of it. The only reason nefarious activity takes place is because it is perpetrated on the unknowingness of individuals. But alas ! ...........that is changing.
shezmear

Man…I’m not quite sure were your coming from and I want to be sure before I choose my response….

Is this sarcasm….

Mr.Bernanke isn't talking. I guess it doesn't matter ... you can't really do to much with 2 trillion nowadays anyway. Conspiracy theories ...... pffffft !. What a joke.

Are you like doing the whole, I’m saying that the idea behind a NWO is bogus thing?….and 9/11 is just one of those things that just happened?

Like, who the hell do you think your talking too?
J.C
Christus

It is pure sarcasm.

The point was counter to the notion that conspiracy theorists are just whacked out. Indeed, many of them are, but stopping there with any investigation is a mistake.

The facts I laid out are just an example to the overwhelming 'out-in-the-open' nature of the 'so called' conspiracies. At what point do we begin to call it as we see it ? ...that these are real events performed by real people ? That is all...

When we're dealing with issues about conspiracy it will naturally get quite messy because that is the nature of handling individual perspectives. There's roughly 6.5 billion perspectives at present ---- getting even 50% to converge on a singular agreement towards any issue is seriously problematic and difficult. It is the nature of duality.

The good news is that we are all tied together with a singular energy that is geared to unity of itself. And somehow, someway we will eventually arrive at newly accepted understandings about life and consciousness that expand our nature not restrict it.
Christus

ps. If I ruffled feathers, .. I meant to (albeit, .. in a most friendly way).
shezmear

:lol:
J.C
PK47

:rofl: [-X

All conspiracy theories are not nonsense and conspiracy do exists! If there were no conspiracy then there would not be monetary system, Oil industries, wars...blah blah.....in this planet and everyone would be spiritually developed, world would be full of free energy technologies... Our civilization is abnormal and low level only because there is a monolithic global conspiracy that has been successfully dumping down the populous and unconsciously manipulating them for millennia. And we have none to blame but us... our collective ignorance and servitude to enslavement is giving them power to control over us! But the point to remember is that you should not live in FEAR even if you know all the evil deeds going on around the world. Fear is their (conspirators/enslavers) method of controlling minds so; you should rather operate in LOVE.
True spiritual awakening manifests within you once you begin to digest all evil things going around, and begin to integrate your polarity i.e. integrate your positive and negative emotions then operate in LOVE (service to others). One who is stuck in one reality (either Love or Fear) will never evolve spiritually; he/she will reincarnate in similar density for learning same lesson again. Our real propose here is to integrate our polarity so for this we have to be aware of both conspiracy and spirituality.
YOU are Spirit so there is no point for you to live in FEAR!!

:clap: \:D/ :clap:

:mrgreen:
youtube[dot]com[/]47lolol
Zark

I find a lot of the conspiracy theories to be indistinguishable from propoganda.. the substance of which is fed by both religious fears, racial, nationalistic, economic and even ideological fears. The same substance fed the likes of Hitler, Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
joao vieira

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHAyS0OGZ3E&list=UL

I don't think these men are conspiracy theorists or any such sloganolagy, they're worth the attention.
ProjectEarth

I used to be 'into' all the conspiracy/NWO/Illuminati stuff. Here are my personal reasons for stopping listening/reading/watching such information:

1 - When listening to, reading or watching such information, the main way it makes you feel is fear. Whether any/all of it is true or not, I question the authenticity of ANY information that has the primary effect making you feel scared.

2 - It doesn't matter how much information you absorb, there is no real way of knowing whether any of it is true or not. In fact, ironically, the only way to know whether this information is true or not is to basically sit around and wait to see if it actually all comes to pass.

3 - The people putting out all of this information, rarely give any concrete solutions to any of it.
www.operationearth.co.uk
our-space.net - THE Intentional Community Social Networking Site
ronald

Good that you have found the essence of conspiracy.
Rezo

i prefer 'pro'spiracy instead : )