Planet Iarga

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt

Planet Iarga

http://www.galactic-server.com/rune/iarga.html

Anyone read this before? Figured you guys would find it really interesting

This book is suprizingly dead-on similar to TP, taking place in the 1960's. I skimmed through part-2 of the book but it comes off as rubbish misinformation to me..
ptex

Re: Planet Iarga

Hi Matt. 2 quick questions:
  1. Why do you think it's a "dead-on similar to TP"?
  2. If you find it rubbish, why did you post it in the first place? I also found plenty of non-sense things out there but I refuse to publish it because of the misinformation factor. One good example of this is a series of books, each quite hefty (with volumes beyond 700 pages) and only after the second volume I realized it was pure non-sense, however the first one also seemed a "dead-on" similar to TP. You never read a word of it here ;) as I realized it would be a sheer waste of time.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ronald

I did read it. The actual main title calls: Extraterrestrial civilization
A part in the book presents an interesting economic model and how to migrate into it.
Einstein touches on some of such aspects in a book named: Ideas and Opinions

It also shows a set a social values which brings new perspective to our own.
Explanation about a similar perspective can also be found in a more earthly book called: The Mass Psychology of Fascism ,by Wilhelm Reich.

The dialog shows great care being taken in regard to the author's psyche and freedom of thought. It is noteworthy.

As far as I understand, part 2 is a book with a different title and would not cover the report which is the first book.
ronald

Planet Iarga - Interview with the author

Cosmic Encounter - Stefan Denaerde interview Part 1

Cosmic Encounter - Stefan Denaerde interview Part 2

Below is a link to a dutch publisher of the book (ISBN: 97890 202 85482):
http://www.ankh-hermes.nl/shop/product. ... uctid=3719
ps. It is written on the page that it is not available anymore.
Rezo

Cool, thanks Ron!
ronald

I find Jacque Fresco's lecturing about a sustainable civilization etc. to be close to what is told in this book, all very practical :)
Rezo

After viewing Stefan's interview this morning, I would tend to agree with you. The efficiency of Iargan rail system, really caught my attention.

TVP ideas tend to be written off sometimes, however infact it is 'scalable' by size and options. Arcosanti is another such place, at least in america. Where else?
Perhaps the former negative perception is due to effects of its promotions - which suggest universal/centralized automation.

It may be that increased large-scale automation might be difficult to fully visualize in a cost/benefit analysis, until it is demonstrated successfully and more importantly, responsibly [on a larger scale]. Most obvious is european or japanese vs american rail system, which when only compared with each other show the american rail system to be much less efficient.
BlueHaze

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 121629.htm

In context to this topic I thought this might interest those who've read the book described in this topic, regarding the learning method used by the Iargans.. It's still miles away from a complete technology but they might be on the right track.. :-k
ronald

I celebrate this, soon to be republished, book. Thanks to our other worldly friends :)

( ps. I blogged: Civilization and Economy ,a little permanent reminder to myself ;) )
Rezo

Did you re-translate Stefan's book to English? btw links are down from your blog. Eager to learn more about this.
ronald

No, but someone will have to take up that priority task, someone is needed with a very special skill set in order to do it.