role of the chakras and physiology - base chakra

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

rishmash

role of the chakras and physiology - base chakra

Hi all,

I am interested to know what other people have discovered in their journeys of studying the chakra system and the aura.

Given the link between the chakras and the endocrine system (referred to as the physiological body in TP) it is evident that chakras that are out of balance cause problems that are only registered over time via our physiology. Each chakra is also responsible for certain glands (throast chakra - thyroid, heart-thymus etc)

Here is my rather rudimentary learning to date #-o

When I use concentration for quite a while on a particular chakra (I have a mantra for each chakra that I use), I begin to experience certain sensations that are unique to each chakra. For my base chakra, which sits at the perineum (between the bum and the genitals) and faces down to the earth I use the mantra "DOWN". After getting to a point over the years through a lot of grounding work, I can really charge this chakra up, and here are the conclusions I have come to so far.

1. You do not have to do much to open a chakra apart from bring your awareness to the area for sometime and it will open automatically and start rotating the right way :applause:
2. The chakra can spin in two different directions - clockwise and anti-clockwise
3. You can deliberately influence the spin in both directions, and experience different outcomes, via your intention (when it spins clockwise you feel safe, grounded and present, and when it spins anti-clockwise you feel vague, afraid, and subject to the influence of your thoughts and feelings). I think the chinese system that suggests that some chakras spin clockwise and others spin anti-clockwise is complete and utter *** [-X . Whenever I have spun a chakra anti-clockwise intentionally, it has created severe negative consequences for me in that moment. I had a group of people once spin their base chakra anti-clockwise deliberately for a few minutes and three of them felt extremely sick to the point of almost vomiting.
4. When the base chakra is open, you can experience sensations in nature very well - for example, rather than imagining what it is like to be a rock in your mind, your entire body feels like a rock, for example, I once went for a long bush walk concentrating on grounding, and when I pushed my palms against a tree at the end of my walk, I could feel that my heartbeat and the trees heartbeat were one, and through connecting with the tree, I felt a lot calmer and felt very timeless
5. One purpose of the base chakra is to develop material safety and security, and to be present on the earth. If you have a poorly funcioning base chakra, you will struggle in material reality, being easily overwhelmed etc (I know this from personal experience :D ). When you develop this more, you can cope with reality and handle things more. I am now moving to a job that pays 125k. Five years ago, before I developed this chakra, I could not hold down a job due to anxiety and depression and the fear of material reality. I can cope with a lot more through developing this chakra than i was able to in the past.
6. The base chakra has four vortices - and one friend of mine suggested that these four correspond to each of the four elements - earth, wind, fire, water (not sure about this because I cannot isolate the vortices very well yet)
7. The base chakra has chords that are either attached or not attached to the earth and these run from the chakra to the earth. A simple exercise is to imagine cords running from your base chakra, and fixing them below the earth, anchoring them in the earth deeply. If you do this correctly, and you anchor them in the earth, you should feel cooler, and if you do it by anchoring the chords into the molten core of the earth, you will feel very hot very quickly. When working with clients during healing sessions and drawing these chords down into the earth, common experiences reported include - feeling like their feet are made of concrete, feeling their legs for the first time, feeling heavily weighed down etc

I would love to know what other people have learnt from personal experience and personal exploration. There are lots of books out there, but the real lab is ourselves, where these ideas can be tested and verified.

Look foward to hearing other peoples experience.

PS - One tutorial I think is really great is the NEW program by a fellow ozzie called Robert Bruce. While I love NEW, some of the stuff Robert recommends like ripping the chakras etc scares me big time. The basics for getting the meridians moving and the ideas he has about this are just fantastic. I am in know way affiliated with him. In fact, if there is one person on this planet who has got as far along in understanding the aura and chakras as anyone, IMHO it would be Barbara Brenna. That woman is a genius and is extremely gifted :)