Expedition to Herai

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Alex

Expedition to Herai

Hello,

Apart from the page http://www.thiaoouba.com/tomb.htm,
Has anyone got more detailed report of the Dr. Chalko's expedition to Herai (Shingo) village?
Is there a translation of the full song available anywhere?
Or perhaps some of you, the forum participants, are planning to go there?
Regards,
Alex
Rezo

Re: Expedition to Herai

Hi there Alex,

from what I can see online, its just "Nanya Do Yara Nanya Do Nasareno Nanya Do Yara" repeated many times - this from:

http://strange-japan.blogspot.com/2009/ ... japan.html [essentially a reprint [?] from thiaoouba.com story]

I have no $$ to get out there unfortunately, or for much else in the way of long travels, for now. Ronald, have you ever been to Herai?

A Hebrew/Egyptian cypher, and a Japanese meaning of 'what is it? what are you going to do?' ... perhaps the Japanese meaning serves as question, the Hebrew/Egyptian as answer. In that case the first part would from analysis of what Tom explained, can be assumed to make sense so far [nanya - child from tyehova - well who vs what hm]. Nasareno linguistically of course sounds like Nazarene, but, it wouldn't necessarily 'fit' the question part there. Anyways. Wild guess. Don't know any classical Japanese.
ronald

I have not been there and have no plans to go.

I could be wrong with my simple knowledge on the language but spaces and capitalized characters are not used.
When considered for translation, arranging words more phonetically per sentence might be of help.
* I have added spaces only for the convenience for those who are not familiar with the language for otherwise the relation between the words as they could possibly be spoken would fail to be seen.

nanya
doyara nanya
do nasareno nanya
doyara

Why?
Think why.
How it Is achieved?
Think.

note: the emphasis in the 3 line seems to focus on: Is ,like:
how it is, it is achieved

With some imagination, my summarized version would explain:
Think about the purpose and how to achieve it's purpose
Zio

couldnt translated it better ronald :D and you're not wrong about caps and spaces; theres none in the japanese language ^^ For my part, I do have plans to go there, but they are very, very vague *floating*.

Im wondering, does it ressemble any modern or ancient dialect? I can only understand the standard and kansai >.<

isnt it "doyara nanya" more like "how is it done?" it seems line 2 and 3 are the same thing.
Anyway, you're more of an expert than me, so I have to go with your translation ^^.

Oh, and does knowing ナ as jesus and ヤ as thiaoouba make you think of another meaning behind it?
ronald

:cry: I fail to get more out of it by simple translation. A linguist is perhaps of more help in answering your questions.