TP and the teaching of Buddha

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

jonansoy

Re: TP and the teaching of Buddha

ET-1 wrote:Hello everyone,

My two cents imply a single contribution... FWIIW I remember a dialogue over at a kM forum seeking to discern the truth independent of beliefs and after quite some dialogues realizing that we initiated agreeing 100% while disagreeing 100%. I then was able to translate between belief languages in used and somewhat become free from the initial beliefs which ended me moving to a whole different perspective. As an example of 100% agreement while 100% disagreement consider the shared 'valid' statements: "One of us is right and one is wrong. I am right and you are wrong. I am I and you are you"... all along holding 'different' notions of who I and you represented. From that time I have more and more moved to an integrating singularity which transcends the dualistic framing... I hold its possible to know by just knowing. In fact I see that sometimes what isn't seeks to be instead of accepting that what isn't isn't... I find that knowing 'what be' sort of implies knowing (or being able to discern) what is and what isn't while knowing what isn't hardly implies actually knowing what is.

I mention this because of the focus I perceived in some of the posts here... regarding learning from 'differences' leading to the existence and perpetuation of differences... and how its practically impossible to 'have identical copies' made that the messages gets distorted by the messenger... BTW the belief in the impossibility of identical copies was a key element in the KM dialogue which we initially agreed upon and I was going to use to invalidate the others starting position... and which ended up enabling me to move and transcend the original beliefs... As it turned out it may have been dew to the fact that I would be able to expand and contract and translate and incorporate the different stands... If someone who is wrong tells me I am wrong I find it to be somewhat encouraging... for I may be right :-)

Consider that the relativists invalidates their stand by rejecting the absolutist position or by embracing it... and that the absolutist can always be both an absolutist and a relativist at the same time by choosing that the absolute be the relative... how each can make sense of what I intend to share...

cordially

Et-1
Your explaination is pretty good. I think this knowledge is useful when doing research.