Interesting talk with a sect

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Rijzerlo

Re: Interesting talk with a sect

Of course it is very bad to know the future, in fact, it is Universally impossible to know the future. But predictions are very real non the less. And the prediction, or prophecy of this woman could be quite accurate as all events seem to point in that same direction.

What I am worried about is if this prediction actually comes true on her behalf. That could pose a great threat to the well-being of mankind.

Then it would be very unwise to give this woman the "message" in the first place. But she got it anyhow
ronald

Side note:
I think the well-being of mankind cannot be measured by the number of catastrophes that are experienced, so I see it not as a threat. If there is a reasonable concern about this story, we could search for other sources of information that may indicate the same, perhaps even involve scientists. Based on these findings, we can discover when either it maybe wise to relocate. Since Holland is around sea level in many parts, there are of course a number of other factors that can already be considered worrisome.
I have found that predictions and panic are close relatives after the recent disasters in Japan. It is becoming interesting to workout how these interrelate.

(ps. Rijzerlo: I'm from Holland ;)
ET-1

Rijzerlo,

Many things COULD pose a great threat to the well-being of mankind... as well as pose a great opportunity for the well-being of mankind... that hardly determines or makes it be wise or unwise to pursue a given course of action. For that matter If the events predicted turn out to be real, would that be because the prophet foresaw it or as the result of a self-fulfilling prophecy brought about by the prophet and prophecy. Are we to believe every prophecy and claim a prophet makes based on the outcomes of some prediction or predictions? The best liars work and appeal to their history as truth tellers then lie when it really counts... an appeal to authority rather than to pertinent facts creates the fallacy. Mankind needs to learn how to deal with this in effective ways by each individual learning how to deal with this in effective ways. Maybe its all just a test to see if individuals can focus and cultivate the good stuff while safely directing and transforming the other stuff.

Cheers et
shezmear

By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
shezmear

J.C
Rijzerlo

Hah isn't that a funny coincidence, but lets refrain from using Dutch just yet, in thought of other users.

I agree that predictions and panic are close relatives. And those might well be the reason for this "message" however, this woman did not really seem to thrive on fear or panic, but on hope she thought came from the Lord himself (that might be from fear again, I'm not sure about that yet). Her theory was already backed up by a geologist as plausible within the next few years. We just had an earthquake in Spain, where that is not common to occur at all. The geologist explained that the volcano on Iceland could explode, causing a tidlewave sweeping over our little country. Where most parts of Holland are indeed at level or below sea-level, there is a small area near the city Utrecht which would remain due to flow of rivers, height and the "Zuiderzee", and behind the "Veluwe" where the land seems to flow upwards. where the Veluwe could be seen as a natural wall, thus creating a barrier which will leave most part of the "Achterhoek" (where I live) pretty much unharmed.

But enough with the names which are only interesting for people actually from Holland, the theory is backed up and I double checked it as indeed a plausible scenario. The most interesting I find are the articles of Thomas Chalko, already predicting some of the recent events on Earth.

On that note, I believe that should we suffer a tidle-wave here in Holland, it would just be the beginning of a series of events. where actually I already saw Japan as a good indicator, to bad most of the world fail to make any linkage however. It only takes for a few super-volcanos to explode (like Yellowstone Park), to cover the entire planet in a new Ice Age.

I would not relocate just yet, since if the predictions actually come true, there won't be a lot of safe places anymore within the next decade. It will just be one disaster after the next. It is however already wise to try and stay out of the city, as cities will be the absolute worst places to be because of crowd and if power dies.

Your safest bet would be either building an airship capable of resisting high temperatures and unstable airflows, or becoming a nomad totally unreliable of any form of technology and able to relocate within an instant.
ronald

I'd love to become a nomad. Lol can I still keep my iphone, please, please don't take that away :listen music:
Rijzerlo

Sure.

Buy one of those neat solar chargers and you can even use it as a compass!
ET-1

shezmear,

I saw the first link and wonder which of the two be the worst... Do note that they both are cultivating the same stuff and 'feeding' of each other stuff instead of seeking to cultivate love peace and understanding. Its similar to the delusion of going to war to bring peace or FORCING an individual to comply to the democratic way because 'the majority' voted that way or because its now the law, instead of cultivating peace, respecting individuals rights and educating on what be better.

I saw the second link and man are we a crazy species or what. Some truth to it, some indoctrination, with the right filter we can focus and cultivate some good stuff from it and with the wrong filter we can focus and cultivate some others stuff from it. Question is what do you, me, others want to focus and cultivate from it. Oh BTW I see similar stuff going on at schools, different words and ideas same dynamics... indoctrinate them into our way rather than educate them into the better ways.

Are you a part of it or not? --- well yes and no
Does it matter what you think, what others think, what be the truth? --- well sometimes it matter what one thinks, sometimes it matters what the other think, sometimes neither what one thinks nor what the other thinks matter and sometimes it all matters.

I wonder why you claimed I got to see it? I remember being visited at home by a Jehovah’s Witness once and engaging them and what they were espousing while giving them some food for thought. That one, nor anyone of them, ever returned to invite me anymore. I wonder if 'the visit' was for my benefit or their benefit. Only God truly knows. I mention this because I see all interactions as a mutual interchange with many possibilities. Yea I learned from that fella , hope he learned from me. Today when seeking how to spell a word I learned that 'fella' is a nonstandard word for 'fellow', and thought how appropriate to use that word. BTW note again that if we observe the links with the right filters we may see past the superficial stuff into the heart of the matter. Though I wonder what you had in mind when posting the links.

A while back I came to the belief that I am where I need to be for the time being. When the time comes to move, if the time comes to move, will move in perfect sync and ways. 'The safest bet' is not to bet or hedge the bet so that one wins always. 'Heads I win, tails you loose' sort of thing... or be it a dream be it real always choose the better way... be it the means, be it the ends, the journey involves them all. The absolutists can always be both an absolutists and a relativist by choosing the absolute truth. In similar way the relativists rejects being a relativists by rejecting the absolute way or by embracing the absolute way. Thats just how the dice roles, what be right be right. Does it matter what others think to be the truth, when one knows the truth? The choice to make gets a bit more interesting when unable to know nor discern who tells the truth and who lie, still its actually quite irrelevant for both the liar and the honorable will claim that 'they tell the truth and the other lies' one will be telling the truth and one would be telling lies with the same exact identical words. So just make sure each do as they claim... I could provide more examples of this hedge stuff... though hold that the point has been sufficiently made.

Cheers et

pd ronald careful what you wish for you might get it...

cheers et
Rijzerlo

When I saw the first link (thank you, it was a great example), I actually felt mixed about both sides. The point being (I think) that both sides were both right and wrong.

From the patrionistic point of view they were absolutely right at discarding what this woman and her church were trying to preach, she is obviously a danger in her closed ways of seeing the Earth, people and the Universe. But only a complete *** would go out to war to create peace, that like putting out a fire with a flamethrower. War in itself, no matter in what content it is fought, is absolutely ridiculous.

From the religious point of view, the messages she put out had the underlying thought of the stupidity of war, which I applaud to, however that woman is also a complete misfit of society for her thoughts about how the world works, she hasn't even begun to open her eyes, just keeping them firmly shut and listening to all the lies that are presented to her.

I think I cannot give any of both sides credit, they are both on the wrong track. It was actually Jesus saying: "It is wisest to do nothing at all and watch events as they unfold." (or something in that order, I can't fully remember)
ronald

et; thanks for bringing up the saying; Wish for you might get.

Lol, I'm confident, the possibility of becoming a nomad equals the possibility of becoming a pop star.
Having said that as well, I might now even become the worlds first nomadic pop star. :-({|=
ET-1

ronald,

Remember, or realize, that the actual possibility can actually changes with time, circumstances, etc... SOMETIMES ... *** I just realized that some possibilities will become and remain forever constant at zero...

Cheers et
Rijzerlo

It depends on how well you play an instrument, but I should say its about a 1000 times more easy to become a nomad. Just look at the many examples spitted out on the internet, people who actually take 4 years to walk around the world.

Becoming the first nomadic pop star is about the same chance as being struck by lightning, you can and will be struck if you stand on top of a tower with a metal rod in your hand, but a nomad has limited power supply and limited access to social networks when I checked last. It would be easy to make a worldtour though, if you can last that long :wink:
shezmear

ET I posted the links to show the strength of peoples beliefs and also what is going on in some cults...There is a lot going on in the videos but I think If I get into it , it will be a big side track from topic but take what you will from them.
I have mixed feelings about them, but in all I think it is sadness.
J.C
ronald

et, Rijzerlo, thanks :lol:

I did see the documentary shezmear linked to some time back. I think it is important to watch it.