Are You Ashamed?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Vesko on Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:21 pm

Kestrel wrote:So I see people run themselfs in circles trying to figure things out in a sea of ignorance and contradicitons, where everyday something new is created to cover for something missing.

You are so right. It's much easier to try to adjust and build up something instead of demolishing it AND building it according to a correct design. I think beliefs and true knowledge of people are too mixed up (interwoven) in their heads, and that makes it extra hard to sort out knowledge from belief.
People should built their knowledge as good software and hardware is built -- divide things in modules, and prove and test them to ensure correct operation, not leaving room for beliefs or assumptions. Note that assumptions may be needed in order to know what and how to prove and test. Have clear dependencies between modules and also minimize those dependencies to minimize the number of changes to other modules when you change one of them.
I too realize how little I know and most importantly how little I am able to know (but I still try harder)... I think humans are really nothing, nada, zilch in the Universe, and are woefully underpowered, but I guess that's what the Creator wanted, for a reason. I'm reminded of those words of Edgar Cayce (bolding is mine):

For he that contributes only to his own welfare soon finds little to work for. He that contributes only to the welfare of others soon finds too much of others and has lost the appreciation of self, or of its ideals.
. . . Know that the power or strength for any influence as related to the help of others must come from the universal source and not from self alone. For the individual may sow the seed, the Infinite must give the increase--it must do the multiplying. Man can detract, but he can add little to God's purpose in the earth save through the grace and mercy of God Himself.

Edgar Cayce Reading 3478-2

I'm really hopeful that once one does the Most Right Thing (tm), one starts being someone with more than a zero power, really.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

Postby Vesko on Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:22 pm

bomohwkl wrote:Saved your energy. It is a waste of mental resources to help people who are closed mind.

It can't be a waste always, what do you say?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

Postby bomohwkl on Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:57 pm

My mind will be over-stimulated resulting in insomia trying to think for a better way of conveying ideas.
Why waste my mental energy if the person is closed mind and has no desire to seek? I prefer to direct my mental energy to something else in such a case.
bomohwkl

Postby Zark on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:25 am

Lachie wrote:It's much easier to tell people this *might* be true and let them make up their minds, than to tell them it *is* true.
I am inclined to give it to people and tell them to read it as if it was a good sci-fi novel. In this case they would at least they would read the book with an open mind (as one usually does with sci-fi). Bad as soon as you tell them it is true, yup, the mind closes and up come those skeptic antennas

I gave TP to 2 people... One has only read a few chapters, the other I am not sure has opened the book ?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

Postby Lachie on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:44 am

I give people the FOC book without telling them the password. I know they haven't read it when they don't ask for it.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Lachie

Postby Yothu on Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:39 pm

Actually I CAN open freedom.pdf without entering any password. Does not seem to be mandatory to enter one in some viewers (I use a Mac). Lach, I would not too much depend on that though :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Yothu

Postby Kestrel on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:17 pm

I dont need it either. I am running a billy gates OS ;)
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Kestrel

Postby Marcus on Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:47 am

bomohwkl wrote:My mind will be over-stimulated resulting in insomia trying to think for a better way of conveying ideas.
Why waste my mental energy if the person is closed mind and has no desire to seek? I prefer to direct my mental energy to something else in such a case.

Agree, but will certainly be available to help if they they do so wish.

Living by example motivates people too. No one likes a preacher.

My brother gave me Abduction to The Ninth Planet to read years ago. I thought it was lunacy at first. How wrong I was.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Marcus

Re: Are You Ashamed?

Postby Robanan on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:23 pm

What you or anyone else believes in doesn't matter.

What matters is what knowledge you can impart out of what you truly and honestly understand.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Robanan

Previous

Return to General Discussion