Well, I Thought I'd Share This Letter with You

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Kestrel

Well, I Thought I'd Share This Letter with You

I am member at other forums obviuosly. I do like to consider this my base of operations as I do enjoy myself much here. I keep tabs on a Christian Forum. There are icons for faith I set mine to " Other Religon" as it seems to be the only thing that applys nearly.

I got a private message asking me why I did not belive in Jesus.

I explained that infact I dont belive in jesus that I have no reason to doubt the exsistance of Jesus Christ son of Yehova and Jesus son of Mary.

So I just got the oddest reply, I thought I'de share it with you.

"grace of God manifested tonight for me

thank you for your response. i appreciate it. can i share a story with you that just happened tonight?

The grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ manifested itself today in the form of a small miracle. I had just arrived at wendys for my 30m lunch break at 9:40 pm, and I closed my car door. oops, my keys are locked inside. I seek the Lord for help, and what happens but a tow-truck shows up towing another car. I beg the driver for help and he gives me this long hooked rod and 3 minutes to unlock my back door through the cracked window while he runs to the bathroom. As long as I can get it open before he gets back, he won't charge me. So, I get it open, and am praising the Lord and want to tell everyone about this uncanny "coincidence" (miracle) that the Lord has wrought for me today. I got my lunch, and the lady gave me 6 chicken nuggets instead of just 5 (I think). And I got to witness to several people regarding the tow-truck incident. Praise the Lord Hallelujah! Jesus is Lord and he loves me! Not that I didn't know that already, but I am so glad the Lord loves me. He loves you too, believe in him and be saved, not only from hell and death, but from your own stupidity

All things work for good for those who love the Lord.

Another time, I jumped on a thick patch of ice on the ground, thinking it would break, but instead I just slipped and fell hard on my back. I didn't hit my head, I wasn't bruised, nothing broke, I was fine, but a little sore. The Lord saved me again that day. Jesus is so awesome...

Earlier in my life, he saved me from sliding down this steep hill into a gorge below.

Repent and believe in the Lord and be blessed!!!

Gnite ... thanks for your response. I was just so excited that I had to share this with you."

I havent responded yet. Perhaps its best for me to not respond. Although I can think of qutie a few smart comments. It just seems to me that this individual bases that the creator, great intellect. Just simply wants to grant him help with all of his materialistic problems.

I dont even think I should share with him the story of me and my freind going through the McDonalds drive through where I was quite inmature pretended to be a mentaly retarted person and the lady messed up the order and gave me a large coke insted of a water. She also said and I quote " Ya'll going to hell for that one"

Any thoughts on situations like this ?
Lachie

PRAISE BE JESUS

ONCE I HIT MY HEAD ON A DOOR AND I DIDN'T DIE

THE LORD AND JESUS AND THE LORD JESUS SAVED ME THAT DAY

HE LOVES ME AND YOU TOO MY FRIEND!!!!

and my aunt bunny got a mustache!

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Kestrel

Well it seems gods always with him at the fast food restraunts ;)

That part about the six nuggets get me laughing.
Mz

My mother is a devote Catholic and shes forever scolding me to go hear mass every Sunday.

Well, I go for her, but everytime I get to listen to self-righteous priests, I go 'sheesh'. Homilies are fine but self-righteousness among priests is another thing.
Zark

Pretty crazy ! It made me think of that Simpsons episode where Mrs Flanders says something like "I was away at Church camp.. I was learning how to be more judgemental..." :-)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Lachie

Heh, actually, i probably shouldn't have wrote that. I think that if you substitute "higher self" for "Jesus" then you have what we would think in our minds. The way we reacted is probably also the way the rest of the world would react to us if we were to expose our thought patterns to them. So we shouldn't laugh - i am ashamed of my post... it doesn't exactly show wisdom and compassion, does it :S Well, live and learn.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Meedan

Lachie, it took me months to make a somewhat similar realization that you seem to have made in only a few days :lol: . When I first opened my eyes to the ridiculous brainwashing of religions, and the silly concepts in them, my attitude to religious followers was very negative. Almost hateful.

A Jehova's Witness knocked on my door one day and I like to debate with them, so we were arguing for a while. After that visit, I realized that: although they allow themselves to be brainwashed, although they 'suspend their disbelief' on the most important topics in the universe, 'religious' people can be some of the nicest people in the world. Their higher-selves will be looking at the things they did in their life, not too much the beliefs they held and grew up with. Unfortunately, religion negatively influences the actions of some followers too. But not every one.

However, with that said, Lachie I don't even think your post is that bad, it's illustrating the low standard of proof and validation they accept for their beliefs. Plus it's funny so who cares :P .
With Love
Kestrel

Indeed lachlie.

We should definitly try to keep in mind, that they are individuals whom in time are capable of making the choice to do what ever they feel is nessicary. Perhaps even spiritual development, rather then spiritual ignorance. Dispite that we can see certin negitivitys of religons and cults, we must keep in mind everyone is an individual, rather then an amry of zombies. They can make positive and negitive choices. Dare I say it but some of them are indeed great people.