Prophecies, Metaphors and Symbolism (from: 'Why 1987?')

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

Talking about pork chops, during my visit to the US last year I have the following photo taken on a street spot close to the White House in Washington DC:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--Shakespeare's "Hamlet" (I, v, 166-167)
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

Cayce on astrology (bolding is mine):
Then all of these influences astrological (as known or called) from without, bear witness--or are as innate influences upon our activity, our sojourn through any given experience. Not because we were born with the sun in this sign or that, nor because Jupiter or Mercury or Saturn or Uranus or Mars was rising or setting, but rather:
Because we were made for the purpose of being companions with Him, a little lower than the angels who behold His face ever yet as heirs, as joint heirs with Him who is the Savior, the Way, then we have brought these about because of our activities through our experiences in those realms! Hence they bear witness by being in certain positions--because of our activity, our sojourn in those environs, in relationships to the universal forces of activity.
Hence they bear witness of certain urges in us, not beyond our will but controlled by our will!

Edgar Cayce Reading 1567-2
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

Meedan wrote:The future is not set (..) it is what is likely to happen if certain other things happen
Well said Meedan !! I absolutely agree with you ! In my heart I truly do believe this too, and yet I also know what the Thiaooubans have told us.

For example: That they previewed the life of the first Jewish people, and after viewing the future course of their life decided it was best if they didn't intervene with the Natural progression of events. The stranded people were destined to perish, as they did not belong on this planet of sorrow. However, they did not die out as had been "prophecised" (?). This had brought me to the conclusion about 2 months ago that they are probably seeing what is the most probable course that the future will take (ie: there is room for more than one outcome depending on our choices).

Actually it was the story on http://www.johntitor.com that had prompted me to arrive at the above conclusion regarding TP hehe :-)

regards,
z
Last edited by Zark on Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Meedan

The important thing is that what they are 'seeing' is not just coming from nowhere, and they don't just believe this preview. From what I understand, the previews are produced from intelligently thought out parameters fed into whatever/whoever generates the preview. They are not just looking into a crystal ball. This is why I would say that they do not "prophecise" (sp ? I don't know either).

All that matters is that it is vital that we do not believe in prophecies that we read about or hear. I see no reason to waste my time on anything but intelligent predictions about the future.
With Love
Zark

hi vesko, that's such a cute picture in your profile ! as for the pork chops ... what is that? now I am really baffled. *** is this advert trying to say? are they selling pork chops?

...About the edgar cayce reading regarding astrology...
I am just thinking out loud here:.... *if* Chinese / Eastern Astrology did in fact have any truth in it. Then maybe the Creator reincarnates a spirit at a given time based upon there temperament, and other character traits. IF this were the case then you are not at all ruled by the sign you are born under. It would be advantageous to do this and, for example, know in advance if a person had a quick temper and prone to violent outbursts.

Or.. it would also be very nice to know in advance that my dearest friend was born in the year of the rabbit due to her traits - ie: being very fearful and having feelings are very fragile.

In any case, I do not wish to be a proponent of Astrology. Particularly since I have heard some of the most absurdly superstitious beliefs in Feng-Shui and the like. I am just pondering upon this topic it with an open mind.

cheers,
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

Zark wrote:hi vesko, that's such a cute picture in your profile !
Thank you! Sure it is, although that's me :). It's on my first school day in first grade, September, 1986.
as for the pork chops ... what is that? now I am really baffled. *** is this advert trying to say? are they selling pork chops?
Zark, you are right! I didn't know what it was about until today I found the article "New pork ad campaign tries wit to whet your appetite", http://www.s-t.com/daily/08-01/08-12-01/d02bu107.htm. That passes as wit??? (the emphasis in bold is mine, the text b/w the square brackets are my comments).
"Life is just a bowl of pork chops," philosophizes billboards erected in Minneapolis and Washington. "Gentlemen, start your pork chops," commands others scattered around Indianapolis.
On Dennis Gienger's hog farm in Tama County, Iowa, stands a Burma Shave-like sequence of signs: "One potato. Two potato. Three potato. Pork." And in New York's Times Square, above the Sony Jumbotron: "Give my regards to pork loin."
"Pork, as a result, ends up showing up where you might not expect it," said Mark Williams, senior vice president at Bozell, the Chicago ad agency that developed the campaign for the National Pork Board.
Hockman said "The Other White Meat" [This is what the fuzzy mid-size font inscription says on the ad above; I have a larger version] is one of the most successful taglines ever [ever like since 1.35 million years ago? This must be a phrase about Bakaratinian pork.], and that's what makes the new ad campaign work.
"It allows us to do a play on words that we couldn't have done 10 years ago," he said.
Williams describes the ads as provocative, fun and lighthearted.
The worst thing about it is that it programs a suggestion in people's minds that "Life is all about food (pork) and you need money to buy it"...
10 years ago was in 1994. I think our civilization has degraded noticeably since 1994, and now we have oh-so-many new possibilities...
Zark wrote:...About the edgar cayce reading regarding astrology...
I am just thinking out loud here:.... *if* Chinese / Eastern Astrology did in fact have any truth in it. Then maybe the Creator reincarnates a spirit at a given time based upon there temperament, and other character traits. IF this were the case then you are not at all ruled by the sign you are born under. It would be advantageous to do this and, for example, know in advance if a person had a quick temper and prone to violent outbursts. Or.. it would also be very nice to know in advance that my dearest friend was born in the year of the rabbit due to her traits - ie: being very fearful and having feelings are very fragile.
But it's not the Creator that reincarnates a spirit at a given time, we choose the time of our reincarnation. What do you mean to know in advance? Aura-reading and mind-reading would serve well to know your friend better.
In any case, I do not wish to be a proponent of Astrology. Particularly since I have heard some of the most absurdly superstitious beliefs in Feng-Shui and the like. I am just pondering upon this topic it with an open mind.
I know you aren't, and even if you were, that you are open minded. I enjoy your contemplations, as it prompts me to think more.

From the little I know about Feng-Shui, I've noticed that while Feng-Shui has some good sides to it, most of it is simply due to superstition passed down through and increased by generations of traditional people.
Lachie

BODY MASSAGE

Hi all,

i should have posted this before:

http://www.fenslerfilm.com/?sec=video

Grab them all, they are hilarious!

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Kestrel

I think pork chops are traditionally served on a plate.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Zark

Vesko wrote:But it's not the Creator that reincarnates a spirit at a given time, we choose the time of our reincarnation.
I was listening a few days back to the Big Chief Muslim Guy of Sydney (I think they call him The Sydney Imam or something :P). He said that they believe an Angel does the work of bringing a spirit to the developing foetus at around 2 or 3 (not absolutely sure on the number) months into pregnancy .. Isn't that interesting ! It wasn't at all what I expected.

from TP pg136
‘On the planet Naxiti, a planet of the eighth category, a man by the name of Xioxtin had just died. His Astral body was waiting to be reincarnated on Thiaoouba, when it was put to him, that instead, he might be the liberator of the Hebrews. He agreed to this and went to Earth as Moses.

I gather from this quote that Moses is waiting for a pregnancy to occur on Thiaoouba in order for him to be reincarnated ?

with metta
z
Zark

Re: BODY MASSAGE

Lachie wrote:i should have posted this before:
http://www.fenslerfilm.com/?sec=video
Grab them all, they are hilarious!
I think they have removed ALL the video files. Probably due to the letter of complaint they got from Hasbro ..
Lachie

Oh well, never mind then. it will be a mystery :D

Lachie
Zark

Lachie wrote:Oh well, never mind then. it will be a mystery :D
Yeah, I was hoping for a good laugh :P
Vesko

Last edited by Vesko on Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lachie

Vesko