Questioning The Book

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Meedan

Questioning The Book

As part of my crusade to question all of my own "probably-true" beliefs about TFOC and TP, I have some questions that I'm thinking about, I'd appreciate any comments/answers.
1) What is it that makes us think Thiaoouba Prophecy is true?
What is it that makes us take this book - one of many abduction stories - more seriously than others? What makes us seek to verify things from it in the first place? Does it 'just feel' true? Why? Is it our subconscious mind just wanting it to be true so much, or is it because we subconsciously notice the coherence of the book?

2) Does the book explain 'God' or the 'Spirit'?
The book says "In the beginning there was nothing except darkness and a spirit - THE Spirit." The question is, where did that 'Spirit' come from? Although Tom gives a good theory in TFOC, TP doesn't even attempt to address the issue of how that 'Spirit' got there in the first place. As we've mentioned before, they use the confusing phrase 'infinitely powerful' to describe the Spirit. Whatever that phrase means, we know the spirit cannot be omnipotent, which is what it suggests. Also, they can't have failed to notice that there is a huge debate over the existence of God on this planet. To simply give the statements they did with no logical reason or justification is odd.

3) Why should scientists on ANY planet be moved to investigate a book like this?
The Thiaooubians seem to value questioning, scepticism and science, perhaps not our current scientific 'establishment', but science itself and the scientific method. Where is the scientific merit in a book purporting to explain the universe without supporting evidence or justification? You may say that they leave us to justify these things with our own minds, but most people - especially scientists - cannot do this for EVERY book we read, can we? I suppose this also leads back to the first question.
Last edited by Meedan on Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
With Love
Meedan

No takers? Ok, how about:
4) What proof or evidence do we have to make us believe the book?
I hope that others here, like me, are adhering to the advice to 'seek' and continue to justify, because believing isn't enough. I know the book gives the reason why no physical evidence was provided, but this obviously does not change the fact that... no evidence was provided. So, what proof is there to believe in the book?
With Love
bomohwkl

1) What is it that makes us think Thiaoouba Prophecy is true?
It is a process to discover the truthfulness of the book. The attitude of Thiaooubians seems to evolve around questions, answers and reasons. Of course, the reasons are mostly hints. So that you have chances to really think and understand it. I think in Tom site there are several evidence such as tree plants and the Jesus burial in Japan, the disappearance of needle put into space, Kirlian image on conscious study and the Thiaooubians bioresonant where the effect can be quantified by GVD. Verification of the presence of higher-self, the advantage of meditate and concentration on accessing the higher-self. The truthfulness that you need to understand rather than believe (I come to understand that in order to prove that you really understand you need to demostrate your understanding through your living, what in the mind is nothing in comparision to true understanding you can gain just by living at it!)
3) Why would scientists on ANY planet be moved to investigate a book like this?
MATERIAL evidence. They need material evidence. There is a reason why thiaooubians don't want to give any material evidence. Have you found it yet?
The Thiaooubians seem to value questioning, and understanding in respect to purposes of the universe. Unfortunately, so few scientists really come close to know the purpose of the universe....
2) Does the book explain 'God' or the 'Spirit'?
Can you explain to someone who is Meedan in a few sentences? We would have only a vague idea of who is Meedan. It is a good start as long as we strike to understand who is Meedan more from physically psychological, emotional and intellectual levels. The words spoken by people reveal a lot of information about the people. The more you INTERACT with a person from various levels , the more you UNDERSTAND the person.

Note that the questions you asked are limited and determined by what you have understood.
Last edited by bomohwkl on Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meedan

You'll notice that I'm being as sceptical as I can be here. Believing is not enough... you need to Know.
bomohwkl wrote:It is a process to discover the truthfulness of the book.
Surely you would not want to engage in this process for every one of the hundreds of abduction stories there are. So what would make you begin this process for TP?
Of course, the reasons are mostly hints. So that you have chances to really think and understand it.
'Hints?'. 'Hints' could be used in a book deceptively, to subconsciously make you think it 'feels' true. But what kind of hints do you mean for TP, can you give one example?
I think in Tom site there are several evidence such as tree plants and the Jesus burial in Japan,
These were known before the book was written. They cannot count as evidence.
Kirlian image on conscious study and the Thiaooubians bioresonant where the effect can be quantified by GVD.
Yes, this would be good evidence, but Tom doesn't seem to want to show or discuss how many trials with the t-shirts showed an effect with the GDV cameras. On the bioresonant sites there seems to be only 1 or 2 cases. Like any kind of scientific study, you need to show that the results are repeatable. It is important to clearly show that any effect felt by people who wear it is not either from a placebo effect, or from a mood elevation from looking at the shirts.
Verification of the presence of higher-self, the advantage of meditate and concentration on accessing the higher-self.
This is not evidence because these theories about the higher-selves and stories of these experiences are well-known and well-documented by many different traditions and religions.
MATERIAL evidence. They need material evidence. There is a reason why thiaooubians don't want to give any material evidence. Have you found it yet?
Perhaps my question wasn't clear here, perhaps I should have asked: Why SHOULD scientists on ANY planet be moved to investigate a book like this? Surely we WOULD want scientists to investigate the book and incorporate it into our knowledge. Why should they? With the word 'should' in there, perhaps the original paragraph explaining the question will make more sense to you now.
Can you explain to someone who is Meedan in a few sentences? We would have only a vague idea of who is Meedan. It is a good start as long as we strike to understand who is Meedan more from physically psychological, emotional and intellectual levels. The words spoken by people reveal a lot of information about the people. The more you INTERACT with a person from various levels , the more you UNDERSTAND the person.
Ok, I just feel that they could have included a little more information, on such an important topic. As for Meedan, he is at least a mind, with a little bit of intelligence - I hope. Don't strive to meet Meedan unless you are convinced he exists, of course. Otherwise you'd also have to strive to meet Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy also. In the great "Does Meedan Exist?" debate, I can tell you one of the most important questions, how Meedan came into existence, and you'll find it logical. I wouldn't ignore the controversy and ask you to expect you not to be sceptical. I will not claim that Meedan is something that he cannot possibly be.
With Love

Yes, this would be good evidence, but Tom doesn't seem to want to show or discuss how many trials with the t-shirts showed an effect with the GDV cameras. On the bioresonant sites there seems to be only 1 or 2 cases. Like any kind of scientific study, you need to show that the results are repeatable. It is important to clearly show that any effect felt by people who wear it is not either from a placebo effect, or from a mood elevation from looking at the shirts.
Of course, the shirt was independently confirmed by a professor in Slovenia and the study was published in a Journal!! The study was blind-fold(i think). I have had a chance to talk to the guy. I will provide further information and journal related to it.
Why SHOULD scientists on ANY planet be moved to investigate a book like this?
that's bomohwkl post

You can't force anyone to do anything............................
Meedan

Bomohwkl wrote:
Why SHOULD scientists on ANY planet be moved to investigate a book like this?
You can't force anyone to do anything............................
I think you're still misunderstanding the question. You are a physicist, yes? Everyone on this forum would want scientists to investigate the book and incorporate the knowledge into our science. The question then, is: (if you don't like the current scientific establishment, imagine you are on a planet with a more fair and open one) As a scientist, what would make you and your colleagues want to investigate the book?
With Love
bomohwkl

No money No research. To get money, the research should be able to potentially generate more money!
Money, money, money!

Imagine what happen when conventional science admits that there is a soul. There is an after life. Our whole materialistic society will collapse. People start to question what are the purposes of living in a material world and yet they are spirits.........

For those scientists who are eager to understand , with an open-mind and have disposable money to do any research they want. Then, they might investigate...simply there are so many things can be investigated in the world
Meedan

:lol: Again you have misunderstood the question, I think. I'll add more to it: As a scientist, what about the book would make you and your colleagues want to investigate the book?

If someone presented a good, objective scientist with the book and asked him/her to read it, what about the book would make that scientist then want to investigate it further?

Scientists would never have time to read let alone investigate the thousands of books like this one. We would hope that objective scientists would see something different about this book. What would the scientist find in the book that would make him/her want to scientifically investigate it?
With Love
bomohwkl

nothing.....most likely or if the scientists believe of the existence of aura, soul, anti-gravity
then he might but you need money to do research.
Vesko

Meedan wrote:The book says "In the beginning there was nothing except darkness and a spirit - THE Spirit." The question is, where did that 'Spirit' come from? Although Tom gives a good theory in TFOC, TP doesn't even attempt to address the issue of how that 'Spirit' got there in the first place. As we've mentioned before, they use the confusing phrase 'infinitely powerful' to describe the Spirit. Whatever that phrase means, we know the spirit cannot be omnipotent, which is what it suggests. Also, they can't have failed to notice that there is a huge debate over the existence of God on this planet. To simply give the statements they did with no logical reason or justification is odd.
I would just like to note that "In the beginning..." as was told by Thao are NOT their own explanation of who is God, its origin, etc. Thao was quoting a key Naacal tablet that, according to James Churchward who discovered such, read (notice the almost absolute similarity):
"Originally, the universe was only a soul or spirit. Everything was without life -- calm, silent, soundless. Void and dark was the immensity of space. Only the Supreme Spirit, the great Self-existing Power, the Creator, the Seven-headed Serpent, moved within the abyss of darkness."

Page 12, "The Lost Continent of Mu"
The Thiaooubans just used something present in our own culture, and they didn't explain a lot lest they do our homework :).

Now, why do I think the book is true? Not because I've proven it all of course, but because everything in it makes to me and the more I learn, train and investigate other sources, the more I am convinced it is true. I have been accussed by some people that I'm too logical. Well, the book seems very logical to me. It's an absolutely unique book.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Meedan

Bomo, that's what I concluded also. I don't think that scientists - which we should all effectively be - would see any reason to investigate this book.
The Thiaooubans just used something present in our own culture,...
So they chose to continue the old myths and religions of our own culture?
...and they didn't explain a lot lest they do our homework
They allow us to know the outline of how the universe works, higher-selves, reincarnation, better political systems, briefly how the spirit went about creating the parts of the universe, 'the key to the mystery', explanations of most major mysteries of the past, how much truth there is in the bible, where humans came from on Earth, the purpose of the universe... but they won't tell us how the spirit formed because they don't want to do our homework! :?:
With Love
Vesko

Meedan wrote:So they chose to continue the old myths and religions of our own culture?
If you read Churchward's book, you'll see he thinks the tablets contain lots of scientific facts. If this is true, then Thao is not continuing any old myths and religions.
They allow us to know the outline of how the universe works, higher-selves, reincarnation, better political systems, briefly how the spirit went about creating the parts of the universe, 'the key to the mystery', explanations of most major mysteries of the past, how much truth there is in the bible, where humans came from on Earth, the purpose of the universe... but they won't tell us how the spirit formed because they don't want to do our homework! :?:
Perhaps they do not know? Perhaps God is the mystery of mysteries up until one actually joins him? In Michel's audio interviews, he states that when asked more about God, Thao said "We don't know."
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Well no one can know everything vesko ;)
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Vesko

KesTrel wrote:Well no one can know everything vesko ;)
That's right, but they seem to be really close to that :). Perhaps the universe is designed to not give out this information? Whatever it is, these people are not telling us the whole truth, because first, they don't do homework, and second, even if they told us, it either wouldn't matter at our level of development or we wouldn't be able to comprehend it.
Yothu

Would it be even useful? To know 'the mystery of mysteries' so to speak.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.