Will You Be Taken Advantage of If...

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

Relevant Quote by Edgar Cayce

Notice the bolded text:
Is there really the desire to know love, or to know the experience of someone having an emotion over self? Is it a desire to be itself expended in doing that which may be helpful or constructive? This can be done, but it will require the losing of self, as has been indicated, in service for others.
. . . But arise to that consciousness that if ye would have life, if ye would have friends, if ye would have love, these things ye must expend. For only that ye give away do ye possess.

Edgar Cayce Reading 1786-2
I'll post it separately as a quotation, too.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

Re: Relevant Quote by Edgar Cayce

Vesko wrote:[...] Is it a desire to be itself expended in doing that which may be helpful or constructive? This can be done, but it will require the losing of self, as has been indicated, in service for others.. . . But arise to that consciousness that if ye would have life [..] For only that ye give away do ye possess.
Edgar Cayce Reading 1786-2
Hi Vesko, I really liked that quote. although I wish the english he was using was a bit simpler! It is really a lesson in karma.

If you give your life in the service of others then you will have life. 'give your life' doesn't necessarily mean physical death, just self sacrifice in general .. time, money, actions, thoughts, whatever.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams