Michel's Own Statements

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Meedan

Michel's Own Statements

We know that Thiaoouba Prophecy is a coherent book, but Michel's statements about his experience that he makes outside of the book often seem to be problematic.

This is a quote from one of the interviews he did (we discussed things from it in another post also), found at http://goldenplanetforum.com/library/de ... 0_1995.txt :
Did you have an interest in UFOs and extraterrestrials before
your abduction?

No! When people would speak of such things, I would smile. I
did not think it was impossible, but I thought it was probably
not so.
...and this is from Thiaoouba Prophecy: (emphasis mine)
I had often spoken with friends of ‘flying saucers’ and was persuaded that they did, in fact, exist - but when you are actually faced with the reality, so many questions cloud your brain that you think it will burst.
Anyone?
Last edited by Meedan on Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Love
Meedan

He also insists, that what we call "schizophrenia" (experiencing multiple personalities) is not a disease, but actually the effect of experiencing feelings of other people via their common Higher Self. [Tom]
The main problem with that statement is that Schizophrenia is not about experiencing multiple personalities: "SCHIZOPHRENIA IS NOT "SPLIT-PERSONALITY." There is a common misconception that schizophrenia is multiple personalities or a Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde syndrome. This is NOT accurate. In fact, multiple personality disorder is an entirely different disorder."

If - however - we excuse this statement as a misunderstanding of terms (were the Thiaooubians inaccurate with language again?), then we can take it to be talking about 'dissociative identity disorder' or 'multiple personality disorder'. Even with Michel's statement corrected, it is still unlikely to be true:
Last edited by Meedan on Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Love
Meedan

First of all, whether you think this phenomenon is about experiencing feelings of other people or not, it is still - in the vast majority of cases - a negative experience. This multiple personality condition is very often linked and traced back to a traumatic experience. The disorder has been cured by addressing these problems.

The alternative 'personality' that the subject feels (many scientists disagree that there is one), is an alternative way of perceiving the subject's OWN life. The feelings are related to the events in the subject's life and there is no suggestion that the personality's feelings are referring to anything else.

These are some references to the disorder:

http://www.sidran.org/didbr.html

http://www.swvacfip.org/Manual/MI/appen ... hrenia.htm

http://www.psychologyinfo.com/schizophrenia/

BTW, Is there some kind of new limit to the size of a post now? I can't put in much without it all going blank when I try to post/preview.
With Love
Meedan

We have already spoken about his statement that the Thiaooubians support America, but if we look at the whole quote, it seems again that Michel did intend to use 'support' and not 'supported'.
Why are they here? Do they ever intercede?

They are not police. They are very loving beings who want to
help and they have interceded. Sometimes they will nudge us. For
example, during World War II, they gave a nudge to the Americans
in the discovery of the atomic bomb. The Nazis were very close
and they did not want for them to get it. They believe in free
will and know that communism, fascism, all forms of
totalitarianism, are bad for men. So, they support America.

(From an audience member): It is surprising that they should
necessarily favor America. This has been a very fascist country,
during the '50s, for example, in the McCarthy period.

I do not think so! America, fascist? No, I do not think so.
Is Michel slightly distorting the book's message?
With Love
bomohwkl

What is written on the book is very important as I think Thao "directed" what it should be written in TP. Hence the great Thora discouraged Micheal to put any of his opinions in the book. What Micheal said and what Micheal opinions are different from Thiaooubian's opinions.
Meedan

bomohwkl wrote:What is written on the book is very important as I think Thao "directed" what it should be written in TP. Hence the great Thora discouraged Micheal to put any of his opinions in the book. What Micheal said and what Micheal opinions are different from Thiaooubian's opinions.
Yes, as we said in the other topic, that may be true of the America quote. What a coincedence though, Michel seems to support the USA, and that country isn't specifically criticised at all in the book :shock: .

What do you think about the other 'problems'?
With Love
bomohwkl

It is that during the world war 2 that Thiaooubians "nudged" them into discovering of the atomic bomb. The time now is different....in particular after the terrorist attack.
Kestrel

Thiaooubans came down on america with the needles.

Trust me, I live in america. Its not perfect its not near perfect and its motives are driven by money.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Meedan

'If certain of the leaders who read your book don ‘t believe you, or doubt what is written, challenge them to explain the disappearance of billions of ‘needles’ put into orbit around Earth1 several years ago. Ask them also to explain the second disappearance of billions more ‘needles’ again put into orbit. They will know what you are referring to, never fear. We are responsible for the disappearance of these ‘needles’, judging them to be potentially disastrous for your planet.
Ouch! Wow, that was harsh, they really stuck it to America there didn't they!

:lol:

Any opinions on the earlier contradictions?
With Love
Vesko

Forum Problem: Preview and Post Blank when the Post is Long

Meedan wrote:BTW, Is there some kind of new limit to the size of a post now? I can't put in much without it all going blank when I try to post/preview.
See my answer in "Forum Support".
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Meedan

No comment about the other issues?
With Love
Alisima

Whether Thiaoouba exists or not is NOT relevant. It will not help us in any way.

We need to help ourselves.

So what if Thiaoouba is a lie?? Does it really matter?? Will you lose any knowledge?? Will it be a step back in your progress??

No.

You have to do what you feel is right. That is the only way to evolve.

After reading Thiaoouba Prophecy i tried convincing other people. And guess what?? It didnt work.

One thing Thiaoouba Prophecy learned me is NOT to believe what other people say, including Thiaoouba Prophecy ITSELF. In that way I will learn from meself. Which is more valuable than ANY book.

Sorry if i have offended some. But the big question is not whether you believe in Thiaoouba Prophecy, but what to do NEXT? What to do TOMORROW? And the day after that.

Like tom said: "What have you learned today?"
Vesko

Alisia, that's how I feel too, or I wouldn't be spending any time on this forum. It doesn't matter to me if the book is true or false, I feel it relates very well to certain things I've felt and which I'll build on anyway, so I have nothing at stake that relates to the book. On the other hand, the book does provide hints about what to do next, but I still need to test it out myself.

And I've quit convincing other people, too -- but I still think that just telling them shortly about the book so that they know it exists, is a very good thing to do, whatever the result afterwards.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

One thing Thiaoouba Prophecy learned me is NOT to believe what other people say, including Thiaoouba Prophecy ITSELF. In that way I will learn from meself. Which is more valuable than ANY book.
Sorry if i have offended some. But the big question is not whether you believe in Thiaoouba Prophecy, but what to do NEXT? What to do TOMORROW? And the day after that.

Like tom said: "What have you learned today?"
That's why I keep a diary of what I have learnt almost everyday. And try to interpret the meaning of my dreams every night. Successfully interpreting your dream and realizing why you behave like in a dream is a good way to learn the weakness of your life and it could bring some interesting transformation in the physical life. Dream usually amplifies the things that you need to learn in physical life. Just keep an eye of reoccurance dreams that evolve around the same situation.
Alisima

That's why I keep a diary of what I have learnt almost everyday. And try to interpret the meaning of my dreams every night. Successfully interpreting your dream and realizing why you behave like in a dream is a good way to learn the weakness of your life and it could bring some interesting transformation in the physical life. Dream usually amplifies the things that you need to learn in physical life. Just keep an eye of reoccurance dreams that evolve around the same situation.
Analysing the dream world will one day result in Lucid Dreaming. Have you ever had such an experience??