The Meaning of the Name "Aremo X3"

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

The Meaning of the Name "Aremo X3"

Aremo X3 is a strange name for a planet. Strange, because it is two-part and the second part includes a number. When I learnt that names such as "Cygnus X3" denote X-ray sources (incl. stars) in our astronomy science, I could not help but think that the name Aremo X3 also denotes an X-ray source (perhaps the star around which this planet is located, or a star in the vicinity). Of course, it may denote anything else, but why two parts and why the second includes a number, as if to denote an object belonging to some kind of classification. If that is so, what could X mean? Perhaps it means something fairly regular, such as a space quadrant.

What about "aremo"? Is it a Japanese word? It is present in our language but I have not been able to find out its meaning.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Named Aermo by whom?

What do the thiaooubans call earth ? Earth X3 ? Were the third rock from our star ?

Perhaps X is a designation for a planet of sorrows.

However, bakarantini wasent designated this way so I doubt it.

Hmm good question vesko, dont think I have much insight to give at the moment though.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Vesko

Earth has not been designated in this way, either. Aremo should be the name that the people living or have lived there use. By the same logic, Aremo X3, too, but still it's a name of a planet unlike the rest in the book (including Hebra and Naxiti).
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

It may be that people from Aremo X3 have a 2 word name for their planet which is pronounced "Aremo exthree"?

Ok, not likely, I agree.

This is one of the occasions I'd like to have a look into the french manuscript. I wonder why Michel did not publish a french version.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Leo

My two cents...

Aremo X3 is currently dessolated due to Atomic destruction, how long it has been like that is unknown to us. The people living on the planet probably have no idea it is a planet and the language(s) on the planet have no word/name for the planet. Therefore maybe the Thiaooubians have just designated Aremo X3 to it. How they came up with Aremo X3 is only known to them. I wonder what name they have designated to Earth?

Maybe Aremo is the Galaxy Thiaooubians have designated that area, X maybe the Solar system and 3 is the 3rd planet from the sun in that solar system.

Concidering the possibilities of many languages used on the planet before the Atomic destruction, how could they choose which name and from what language to call the planet?

Do all countries on this planet call this planet Earth? Since I only know English I am only guessing here but I would say all languages have different names for this planet.

Love to all :D
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Meedan

I thought that Aremo could be the name of the star, and X3 designates that it is the third planet.
With Love
Kestrel

Perhaps Aermo means "Atomic"
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao