New Thiaoouba Prophecy Available

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

Alisima, we are not talking about liking books. We are talking about modification / addition of content that has a relation to the book but is not approved by the original author. In fact, the original author of the book would not even be able to approve it.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

I refere to this fragment of the book:
The main danger comes from overheating the Earth’s nuclear interior as a result of
“greenhouse” effect. If Earth nucleus explodes there will be no second chance indeed. For
information about the latest discoveries see nujournal.net (Editor’s note)
If anyone would want to turn the book into rubbish, he will do it no matter what. But rather the only thing that cannot be undone is understanding. So far such additions have not damaged the message. If anyone would dare to damage the message I think that appropriate measures and efforts should be taken into consideration. Guys, I hate to say this, but even we have different point of views about many things written in the book. By Considering this as a fact I think that each of us should take great care not to allow our own interpretations to be added to the book.

It was the original duty of Michel to keep the book away of "Editor's notes". It's like the "Ring of Sauron" each and every one of us should keep it safe from our own selves for our own sake.

Tom should be asked to give his opinion and to take this point seriously!
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

I have taken the time to review each comment in the new edition. Tom has done a very good job and the new comments really clarify a lot of points. But, in my humble opinion, there's one more problematic comment, and that tries to "modify" the original meaning of the text.

Page 77:
This is not an exchange of any "energy" but exchange of "information" at the level of Higher Selves (Editor's comment)
Why is this not an exchange of any energy?
What if it is really an exchange of energy as well as information? Has anyone proved that via scientific means -- no.
After all, it is indisputable that energy is required for the transfer of information.

I think that the above Editor's comment should simply be removed.

Others will probably have different opinion about what must be removed, but I hope that everyone will agree with me that it's better to remove something to be safe, rather than be sorry later.

So we should direct Tom's attention to pages 77 and 164 at least.

I also recommend all of you to review the new edition. I'd like to distribute copies but I cannot (I bought my own), so you have to request them from Tom.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

We are going to take the move and ask Tom about it first.
Alisima

Vesko wrote:Alisima, we are not talking about liking books. We are talking about modification / addition of content that has a relation to the book but is not approved by the original author. In fact, the original author of the book would not even be able to approve it.
According to the book the Thiauoobans have the capacity to look into the future for the next 100 years.

They already knew Tom was going to put sidenotes in it!!
Don't read my signature.
Vesko

Alisima wrote:
Vesko wrote:Alisima, we are not talking about liking books. We are talking about modification / addition of content that has a relation to the book but is not approved by the original author. In fact, the original author of the book would not even be able to approve it.
According to the book the Thiauoobans have the capacity to look into the future for the next 100 years.

Oh, the Thiaooubans know many things. They also know that people are going to continue murdering each other on our planet tomorrow.
Robanan

So they should also know that I would eventually decide to cut the manipulation momentum against the book :roll:
Everyone should have the possibility to discuss or to shed light upon any part of the book but I wouldn't like comments of a forum like this one to be added after each phrase of the book as notes. Can you imagine how many people after 2000 years would comment and do valuable researches about each and every subject of the book? should it be all added to the book?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Alisima

You are both right Robanan and Vesko. When I think how to reply to your posts I realize I contradict everything I believe in.

From my perspective I can't think of any reason why I would want to change the editorial comment. But I see why you would want to.

ok, cheers.
Don't read my signature.
Kestrel

They give us a chance, they don't gaurntee we will make the right chioces with it.

Its our job to make the right choices with the research we have.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Zark

Alisima wrote:According to the book the Thiauoobans have the capacity to look into the future for the next 100 years.
In line with what Kestrel and Vesko said -- it is not the work of the Thiaooubans to stop us from making mistakes. If they were to do this then we would never learn. On this planet we have to do our own homework, and learn to fix our own mistakes.

The Thiaooubans will help from time to time under special circumstances, such as for example a planet wide disaster.

Also, if they stop us from making our own mistakes they might be criticised for taking away our free will, and our capacity for self determination.

The possibility that they can see into the future raises an important problem: if the future is set in stone (ie:deterministic), then what room is there for freedom of choice?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

Cheers, Alisima! I really enjoy the non-hostile way in which we are able to discuss and argue things in this and most other discussion, and admit when we contradict something or are wrong about something.
Zark wrote:
Alisima wrote:According to the book the Thiauoobans have the capacity to look into the future for the next 100 years.
In line with what Kestrel and Vesko said -- it is not the work of the Thiaooubans to stop us from making mistakes. If they were to do this then we would never learn. On this planet we have to do our own homework, and learn to fix our own mistakes.

The Thiaooubans will help from time to time under special circumstances, such as for example a planet wide disaster.

Also, if they stop us from making our own mistakes they might be criticised for taking away our free will, and our capacity for self determination.
Totally agree. They are surely going to suffer many serious negative consequences if they interfere.
The possibility that they can see into the future raises an important problem: if the future is set in stone (ie:deterministic), then what room is there for freedom of choice
No, the future is not set in stone. They can see into the future, but all it is is a mutable prediction. Here's proof from the book, page 133:
'Why not save them in the beginning and take them back to their planet or to another of the same category?'
'That is, of course, a reasonable question, Michel, but there is a snag. We can't predict the future more than 100 years in advance. We thought, at the time, that, being such a small group, they might not survive and, if they did, they would mix with other races and thus be absorbed by other peoples and rendered 'impure'. We guessed that this would occur within a century - but such was not the case. Even now, as you know, the race is almost as pure as it was 12 000 years ago.'
From this, it also follows that Nostradamus is long completely and absolutely irrelevant. I think also, that his ambiguous verses were irrelevant even when they could be relevant.
Zark

Determinism, Predictions, and free will

Vesko wrote:From this, it also follows that Nostradamus is long completely and absolutely irrelevant. I think also, that his ambiguous verses were irrelevant even when they could be relevant.
An important point. I assume also that much like with weather prediction, they are better at predicting events 10 years ahead then they are at predicting something 100 years ahead.

However if the future is not deterministic, how is that they can see into the future at all !? Quite a mind bender..

Not only is Nostradamus irrelevant, but also any predictions made in Revelations, if they were ever accurate, are also long past. Actually the book Revelations does say that it's prediction refer to events that were to occur very soon .. ie: about 1900 years ago. Yet Christians are constantly seeing the preludes of Armageddon in the catastrophes and wars we experience... and have been doing so for centuries :O
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Alisima

Vesko wrote:Cheers, Alisima! I really enjoy the non-hostile way in which we are able to discuss and argue things in this and most other discussion, and admit when we contradict something or are wrong about something.
Nono, I never said I was wrong. I just realized you weren't wrong either. It is a bit complicated from my perspective.

The whole freedom of choice thing is quite a mind-bender indeed. Centainly when you think that, according to TP, you see your whole life flashing by before you are born. They even show proof with déja vù's (I have quite some strong déja vù's myself. Sometimes even daily.) Which ofcourse means that we don't have the freedom of choice, at least not here. The only freedom of choice we have is the freedom to choose what life you wish to live. Your whole life and the precise moment of death is already determined before you are born.
Don't read my signature.
Vesko

Alisima wrote:
Vesko wrote:Cheers, Alisima! I really enjoy the non-hostile way in which we are able to discuss and argue things in this and most other discussion, and admit when we contradict something or are wrong about something.
Nono, I never said I was wrong. I just realized you weren't wrong either. It is a bit complicated from my perspective.
Yes, I did realize that when I wrote the comment. That's why I said "contradict ... or ... wrong". You haven't said you are wrong, indeed, only said about contradiction.
The whole freedom of choice thing is quite a mind-bender indeed. Centainly when you think that, according to TP, you see your whole life flashing by before you are born. They even show proof with déja vù's (I have quite some strong déja vù's myself. Sometimes even daily.) Which ofcourse means that we don't have the freedom of choice, at least not here. The only freedom of choice we have is the freedom to choose what life you wish to live. Your whole life and the precise moment of death is already determined before you are born.
It's not a mind-bender. A preview that you see of life before you are born is just a prediction, too. We have a freedom of choice in every moment of our actual physical life. I don't think it's clear from anything in "Thiaoouba Prophecy", though, so you'd better ask Tom about that.

BTW, never had deja vu in my life -- well, probably only once when I guessed a very improbable thing (almost impossible to guess) is going to show up on TV in the next moments.
Alisima

A déja vù is accompanied with a strang feeling of familiarness, a feeling that I only have experienced with déja vù's and sometimes in meditation. It is quite distinctive and I can't describe it.
Vesko wrote:It's not a mind-bender. A preview that you see of life before you are born is just a prediction, too. We have a freedom of choice in every moment of our actual physical life. I don't think it's clear from anything in "Thiaoouba Prophecy", though, so you'd better ask Tom about that.
Ofcourse we have the freedom of choice. But don't we often make the wrong choices?? If you are filled with hatred, then your freedom of choice is limited. Same as when you are full of love, your freedom of choice is also limited.

When I say limited I dont mean that you CAN'T choose anything else, but that you WON'T choose anything else. Simply because you have certain preferences.
Don't read my signature.