New Thiaoouba Prophecy Available

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

But preferences depend on other choices that are not preferences. Since you can't be sure that the other choices that are not preferences won't change, you can't be sure that preferences won't change, hence you cannot predict preferences 100%.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Alisima

Well, ofcourse there is Freedom of Choice to some degree. But not 100%. :wink:
Don't read my signature.

The whole freedom of choice thing is quite a mind-bender indeed. Centainly when you think that, according to TP, you see your whole life flashing by before you are born. They even show proof with déja vù's (I have quite some strong déja vù's myself. Sometimes even daily.) Which ofcourse means that we don't have the freedom of choice, at least not here. The only freedom of choice we have is the freedom to choose what life you wish to live. Your whole life and the precise moment of death is already determined before you are born.
It is not what you remembered from your pre-view, it is what you can LEARN from a given situation. Sometimes, our you choose a certain life so that certain situation can occur on you. It is what you can learn from the situation is more important because it is what you are born with (you choose what you want to learn before you are born). When you are more advanced, you start to learn to create a certain situation because you want to learn certain things.

Thisis wklbomoh post
Vesko

Alisima wrote:Well, ofcourse there is Freedom of Choice to some degree. But not 100%. :wink:
Yes, not 100%. If it was 100% one would be able to evade all the consequences of one's choices. We have as much free will as the laws of this universe allow us. But I would say from general observation that we have considerable free will -- enough to keep us happy while being in here.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

Yes, not 100%. If it was 100% one would be able to evade all the consequences of one's choices. We have as much free will as the laws of this universe allow us. But I would say from general observation that we have considerable free will -- enough to keep us happy while being in here.
The free will is used to learn. It is main purpose of having free-will. It wouldn't constitute learning without consequences.
Robanan

Vesko wrote:
Alisima wrote:Well, ofcourse there is Freedom of Choice to some degree. But not 100%. :wink:
I agree, Every creature has a specific amount of freedom of choice assigned/dedicated to it, relative to their category and Intelligence. My Cats have a relatively considerable amount of freedom of choice and they are so happy and satisfied with it.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
gog

Hence we all have a PURPOSE!!!!
Vesko

You don't have to have a purpose to have a free will, and vice versa.
But I too am convinced that we have a purpose of our life, only I cannot prove it -- scientifically, I mean.
Yothu

I wonder if ants do have a purpose? Can it be scientifically proven?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Alisima

yothu wrote:I wonder if ants do have a purpose? Can it be scientifically proven?
Yes, sure they have a purpose, otherwise they would not have to be around.

And no, it can't be scientifically proven, at least not with today's science. Science can prove, however, the necessary role ants play in nature, I guess it is something like waste disposal, but since science can't prove the purpose of nature's itself its claims, about the purpose of ants, have no real meaning.
What I was trying to say is that we have no freedom of choice, only the illusion of it. I say this because in the end we all will be enlightened, even if it takes hunderds maybe thousands of years. The path you take in your life is different from the path I take in my life. You could say these differences in our approach are due to freedom of choice, but the goal we both like to abtain, whether we know this or not, is actually the same.

From my opinion there is only freedom of choice in the path TO the goal, but the goal, the ultimate goal, is always the same.

You can pick any other goal you like, lets say a financial goal, and it even could satisfy you for a brief moment. But in time you will outgrow your satisfaction and finally realise your true self and you will continue on your true goal, you may even come to realise that the earlier financial goal was not a goal itself but only part of the path to the ultimate goal.
Don't read my signature.
Yothu

Alisima wrote:What I was trying to say is that we have no freedom of choice, only the illusion of it. I say this because in the end we all will be enlightened, even if it takes hunderds maybe thousands of years. The path you take in your life is different from the path I take in my life. You could say these differences in our approach are due to freedom of choice, but the goal we both like to abtain, whether we know this or not, is actually the same.

From my opinion there is only freedom of choice in the path TO the goal, but the goal, the ultimate goal, is always the same. .
How do you know this for sure?

Gospel of Thomas
60 He saw a Samaritan carrying a lamb and going to Judea. He said to his disciples, "that person ... around the lamb." They said to him, "So that he may kill it and eat it." He said to them, "He will not eat it while it is alive, but only after he has killed it and it has become a carcass."

They said, "Otherwise he can't do it."

He said to them, "So also with you, seek for yourselves a place for rest, or you might become a carcass and be eaten."
There is the freedom of choice... whether to seek yourself a place for rest (IMO truly live) or be eaten (IMO recycled by nature)
Alisima

yothu wrote:
Alisima wrote:What I was trying to say is that we have no freedom of choice, only the illusion of it. I say this because in the end we all will be enlightened, even if it takes hunderds maybe thousands of years. The path you take in your life is different from the path I take in my life. You could say these differences in our approach are due to freedom of choice, but the goal we both like to abtain, whether we know this or not, is actually the same.

From my opinion there is only freedom of choice in the path TO the goal, but the goal, the ultimate goal, is always the same. .
How do you know this for sure?
Freedom of choice is the concept where you can choose ANYTHING you like. Sadly there is only ONE thing which will satisfy you. So, it is either enlightment or decay. It is not really an option.
yothu wrote:Gospel of Thomas
60 He saw a Samaritan carrying a lamb and going to Judea. He said to his disciples, "that person ... around the lamb." They said to him, "So that he may kill it and eat it." He said to them, "He will not eat it while it is alive, but only after he has killed it and it has become a carcass."

They said, "Otherwise he can't do it."

He said to them, "So also with you, seek for yourselves a place for rest, or you might become a carcass and be eaten."
There is the freedom of choice... whether to seek yourself a place for rest (IMO truly live) or be eaten (IMO recycled by nature)
Yes, you are correct. You can choose between living or dying. But like I said, that is not really an option is it? It is merely a consequence of NOT doing the right thing.
Don't read my signature.
Yothu

Alisima wrote: there is only ONE thing which will satisfy you. So, it is either enlightment or decay. It is not really an option.
I definitely do not agree. When we speak in terms of the freedom of choice book, this point we're talking about is clearly stated on the very first page.

T.J. would ask: "Remember the story with the dog?"
Alisima

yothu wrote:
Alisima wrote: there is only ONE thing which will satisfy you. So, it is either enlightment or decay. It is not really an option.
I definitely do not agree. When we speak in terms of the freedom of choice book, this point we're talking about is clearly stated on the very first page.

T.J. would ask: "Remember the story with the dog?"
Ofcourse, but the dog won't face decay after choosing the "wrong" thing. (a piece of *** isn't much worse than a diamond)

Do you think that certain intellect will decay, rather than choosing enlightment??? What is the purpose for something to exist if it only will decay and not reach infiniteness??? Isn't that a waste of energy and time?? Isn't the universe build to give us infinite second chances???

Well, that is just my opinion. Correct me if I am wrong.
Don't read my signature.
Yothu

Let me explain how I see things by using the following part of a discussion from TFOC Reader's Forum, topic "Why drugs exist?":
If drugs slow down e-transferrance and `virally` corrupt the heavenly intermessaging system that maintains all life, why are drugs {illegal} exsistent in the first place such that such a tragedy of consciousness extinguishment may occur? [Avi].

It is not a tragedy. It is a NATURAL PROCESS.

The primary reason for drugs to exist is The Freedom of Choice. Everything, good and bad has to exist, around you and within you, otherwise you wouldn't have the Freedom of Choice. Do you remember the chapter "The Ego"?

The second reason is that all negative things such as drugs are needed for the self-correcting mechanism of the Universe to function properly.

Let me explain. What we CHOOSE is determined and limited by our intellect. Do you remember the story of a dog?

Everyone (like the dog) is typically quite happy about making certain choices, otherwise they wouldn't make them. Some people choose drugs, simply because they cannot comprehend The Fun of alternatives such as development of intellect.

Note, that it is typically VERY difficult for a person to perceive his/her OWN degradation of consciousness, even if it is significant. It only becomes obvious in certain tests and observations, usually done by OTHER people who are sensitive and observant enough. Even a severe change in consciousness (such as memory loss in elderly people or a damage caused by prolonged use of hallucinogens) is difficult to observe by people themselves. You may even say that the more severe the damage to consciousness - the less aware the person becomes about the extent of this damage.

This explains why some people CONTINUE to make choices that cause their own destruction and explains why they are actually quite happy about making such choices.

Do you see the Magnificence and Beauty in such a self-correction mechanism of the Universe? Isn't it LOGICAL that Individual Intellects who choose to degrade their intellect, sensitivity and perception (a choice that clashes with The Purpose of the Universe) should eventually cease to exist?

Isn't it LOGICAL to make the provision in the Design for such people to execute their own destruction themselves?

Isn't it a MAGNIFICENT principle that such a "correction in the Universe" occurs as a result of The Freedom of Choice?

What do we say to people who INSIST on making certain choices? Shouldn't we let the Universe correct itself? "Resist NOT evil" is not just a strange ancient "advice". It expresses the fundamental DESIGN principle of the Universe... Evil is designed to eventually eliminate itself... Just as garbage - it decays and eventually disintegrates... Can you imagine a world in which garbage doesn't disintegrate? [Tom]