Similar case retold in both Michel's and L. Rampa's book

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

Similar case retold in both Michel's and L. Rampa's book

A curious retelling of the same story by Lobsang Rampa and Michel Desmarquet. It seems that the case with the boy was pretty well known some time ago. I personally think that if Michel was a "hoax", he would have avoided this particular story (Rampa's book predates Michel's).

From the book "Chapters of Life" by Lobsang Rampa (excerpts at http://www.galactic-server.com/rampa/ramchap1.html):
There is, for example, a well - documented case of a boy who went out of his father's farmhouse one evening. He was going to get water from the well, there was snow upon the ground, just a few inches of it, and the boy was anxious to get back to the fire, so he started out with a pail in each hand. His parents and some visiting friends sat by the side of the fire and waited for him because they wanted the water with which to make tea.
After a time the mother got restless and wondered whatever was keeping the boy. But knowing how boys dawdle she was not alarmed until almost an hour had passed. Then some strange feeling came over them and they took lanterns and went out in search of the boy, thinking that perhaps he had fallen into the well.
With their lanterns before them shedding light upon the snow they could follow his footsteps halfway across the field. Then, the father in the lead stopped with such horrified astonishment that those following bumped into him. He moved aside and pointed dumbly. The others looked in the snow, and there they found clear imprints of the boy's footsteps and then no imprints any more. The boy had vanished as if he had suddenly been drawn straight up into the air.
This is fact; the footsteps went in a straight line, and then they were no more. The boy has not been seen since.
Thao's words in "Thiaoouba Prophecy":
'There was,' Thao continued, 'a typical case of this passage into a parallel universe in North America, where a young man literally vanished while going to fetch water from a well which was situated several hundred metres from his house. About an hour later, family and friends set out in search of him and, as there had been a fresh snowfall of about 20 centimetres, it should have been quite simple - they had only to follow the footprints left by the young man. But, right in the middle of the field - the footprints stopped.
'There were no trees around, no rocks on to which he could have jumped - nothing strange or unusual - the footprints just stopped. Some people believed that he had been taken by a spacecraft, but that could not have been, as you will see later. This poor man had quite simply been sucked into the parallel universe.'
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

Re: Similar Case Retold in Both Michel's and L. Rampa's Book

Vesko wrote: if Michel was a "hoax"
In my mind there is something: Michel does not exist. He is the product of the ingenious Dr. Chalko who invented Michel altogether with his story to sell his Bioresonant shirts. After all he makes huuuge profit, not only but also because the price for one shirt is comparetively high and he even increased prices lately. He told us in his book's reader forum that Michel left for the jungle of Vietnam and that he himself took over 'business'.

Right. The only thing that let's me drop this theory is that the shirts actually 'work'.

BTW, Vesko, I liked this particular story very much. In secret moments I fantasized being sucked in such a dimensional warp too. I would imagine hanging around, seeing strange people and finally figuring out (after trillion years of meditation) how to 'come back'.

Is there more info about these in it? Is it worth reading?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

Re: Similar Case Retold in Both Michel's and L. Rampa's Book

yothu wrote:
Vesko wrote: if Michel was a "hoax"
In my mind there is something: Michel does not exist. He is the product of the ingenious Dr. Chalko who invented Michel altogether with his story to sell his Bioresonant shirts. After all he makes huuuge profit, not only but also because the price for one shirt is comparetively high and he even increased prices lately. He told us in his book's reader forum that Michel left for the jungle of Vietnam and that he himself took over 'business'.

Right. The only thing that let's me drop this theory is that the shirts actually 'work'.
The problem is that Michel does exist. He's been interviewed by people in the US, also by Meanwell (I have heard his voice), he has also appeared in many lectures, some of them in Melbourne University where Chalko himself taught.
BTW, Vesko, I liked this particular story very much. In secret moments I fantasized being sucked in such a dimensional warp too. I would imagine hanging around, seeing strange people and finally figuring out (after trillion years of meditation) how to 'come back'.
I have entertained similar thoughts myself. I wondered what if, with this information I know, I got sucked into such a warp, too. I would meditate and also do astral travel, and would "cheat" nature. Perhaps it's not possible, though -- perhaps there are limitations to the benefits of meditation there because the physical body is stuck in the state it entering at?
Is there more info about these in it? Is it worth reading?
Did you read the page? It has a couple of bits more about the Bermuda triangle, most of which you can read on any site about it, but really no additional new information (to us). But Rampa's book, as controversial they have been and he has been, are worth a read, really. I have to resolve to read all of them (I have them in Russian), but I can't seem to get to it. Perhaps in the parallel universe? ;)
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Oh noes, if the goverment ever read Thiaoouba Prophecy they would be like.

"Warps eh? We could make a weapon out of that, suck china dry in a day."

or

"Well we need some of those cavemen to fight for us"

I wouldent put it past them.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Vesko

Kestrel wrote:Oh noes, if the goverment ever read Thiaoouba Prophecy they would be like.

"Warps eh? We could make a weapon out of that, suck china dry in a day."

or

"Well we need some of those cavemen to fight for us"

I wouldent put it past them.
Kestrel, I think they are going to increase the green card lottery quota and pepper the Bermuda area with "I want YOU for the US army" signposts, translated in as many ancient and Biblical languages as experts can manage, so its "warped" inhabitants can understand the benefits of choosing the US president as their rightful sovereign. However, since most of them would be illiterate, etc. they wouldn't know what it means.
To counter that, the US would have to force a conscription based on their selective service (http://www.sss.gov) system. Under the current system, all men between age 18 and 25 are required to register with them so can be thrown into battle any time the government votes for it.
The trick would be to make an exception: all men aged 18-25, AND also all men aged 18,000-25,000 years. In any case, it wouldn't be wise to conscript men in the age range 180,000-250,000 years or higher, because that would create too many problems for Darwinian evolutionists, who insist that modern man appeared not earlier than 100,000 years ago, and those problems will unjustifiably discredit the creme de la creme of nationwide scientific thought.
GreatIntellect

You know what's sad about this? That IS what the US government would do. :?

Then I don't know if the Thiaooubans would support us anymore. I don't think the US government deserves their support anyway. I could easily see the Thiaooubans inciting a rebellion among the common people, the ones who aren't corrupted by money and power. Things might be bad for a few years, but hopefully good would triumph and then the world would be a MUCH better place in the long run. :D
dloheb

These warps move around I guess?
Andreas

Nice forum! And a parallell universe question

Hello! What a pleasure to find a nice forum like this on a very important subject. I'll spend some time here for sure. Glad to meet you all!

I have so many thoughts, theories and questions about The Book, but I'll start out slow. :) Anyone read something more about the man that disappeared in the snow to the parallell universe?

Best regards,
Andreas
survivor

Re: Nice forum! And a parallell universe question

Andreas wrote:
I have so many thoughts, theories and questions about The Book, but I'll start out slow. :) Anyone read something more about the man that disappeared in the snow to the parallell universe?
Andreas
Hello Andreas and welcome,

I personally haven't researched but I have read elsewhere on the internet about similar stories. How about you, do you have more to add, or are you just curious?
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Robanan

I think there was a topic where we dicussed the topic and shared a few links about it on the forum, couldn't find it though.

and hey Andreas, welcome to the forum mate! *thanks for Celestia
Andreas

Re: Nice forum! Proof discussion

survivor wrote: I personally haven't researched but I have read elsewhere on the internet about similar stories. How about you, do you have more to add, or are you just curious?
I have not much myself on the phenomena, but I think it's an interesting subject, because it's shocking (disappearing in THIN AIR?) and close to reality enough that people may start thinking that there are more to the universe than we can see today.

Of course, not even physical evidence will prove anything if people don't want to understand. After all, we have the pyramids... You know that simple math will disprove the "slaves and ropes" theory? Here's how it's done:

After some discussion and reading, I assumed 1 000 000 stones in the great pyramid and that it took 40 years to build. Combine this with a workday of 12 hours and it's easy to calculate that the pace is 11.6 stones/hour.

Look at that number again. 11.6, it's a hideous, hilareous figure. There is no way that slaves with ropes could have that pace on such a project. Not even a construction firm today could do that with all technology available today. (Remember that the stone is very soft, the smallest chip-off means a reshaping that could take hours.)

Hmm, now I drifted off-topic. :? Should I move this to another thread?

/Andreas
Kitty

Re: Similar case retold in both Michel's and L. Rampa's book

Vesko wrote:A curious retelling of the same story by Lobsang Rampa and Michel Desmarquet. It seems that the case with the boy was pretty well known some time ago. I personally think that if Michel was a "hoax", he would have avoided this particular story (Rampa's book predates Michel's).
Another similarity...

Doctor From Lhasa By L. Rampa
Iron ore may think itself senselessly tortured in the furnace, but as the tempered steel blade looks back it knows better.
I swear I remember Thao saying something similar to Michael in his book when talking about reincarnation. However I forgot the page number. I wonder if anyone else can find that quote.
NJones

From page 121:
‘Michel, can you take some iron ore and some carbon, heat them to the right
temperature, and produce pure steel? No. First you must skim the rubbish from
the iron; then it goes back to the pot to be processed again and again and again...
for as long as it takes to produce first-class steel. The same applies to us; we must
be ‘reprocessed’ over and over until we emerge perfect, for eventually we will
rejoin The Spirit who, being perfect himself, cannot accept the slightest
imperfection.’
legiwei

Wow, nice job there, I have already totally forgotten about that phrase. Thanks for reminding.
Rezo

didnt Arki say that? anyways the parallelism is there