Needles (Project West Ford)

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

bhuvan

But Tom (thiaoouba FAQ) says it was found that the needles are clumped in a higher orbit. From where he got that information? Any idea?
BlueHaze

Re: Needles (Project West Ford)

I think this short sum up was quite interesting regarding this subject, as it was a bit different from the other reports:

http://www.tpub.com/content/armycomsyst ... 310015.htm
5. Project Westford. The primary objective of Westford was to place an orbital reflective belt of millions of
tiny dipoles around the Earth. These dipoles return a large percentage of radiation received to the Earth. The
announcement of this project brought a storm of objections from scientists around the world who claimed that
this belt of resonant particles would interfere with both radio and visual astronomical observations. On 4
October 1961, a special panel of the President's Science Advisory Committee reported that no permanent
damage would accrue from such an experiment, and a launch with a payload of 75 pounds of fine copper
dipoles was attempted on 21 October 1961. The experiment failed because the dipoles did not disperse in orbit.
On 12 May 1962, the US Air Force announced that the second Westford experiment package had been launched
and that dispersal was taking place as planned. The final results of this experiment were not announced.
We know there have been various explanations later with more detail. But could it be that at first they remained rather tight lipped about it.. ? And what is this about the year 1962, did they make a launch then also? I think they said they launched the second batch in 1963 and the initial tests were succesful, but shelved for other reasons, mainly because of satellite technology.. a lot of mixed reports here..

As for the truth, it's really difficult to tell. Is there really any evidence in one way or the other? None that most people have access anyway..
drummer

Why people concentrate on needles so much? If You wish to attain God, You should NOT waste your priceless time on... needles. You can die at every moment with needles in your mind.
BlueHaze

I don't think comments like that are very helpful. And why draw a conclusion like that anyway? If one discusses certain matter, it does not necessarily mean that they think about it all the time, I think that should be pretty obvious. It's also not very polite to tell other people what to do, especially when you don't know them or their motives.

Anyway I do agree with you, needles are material things and not that important in the big picture, but still it's an open topic to discuss and relevant to the book. We can always discuss "attaining God", and whatever that would mean, in a different topic.

PS. If you truly wish to attain that goal, then a certain step forward would be - first learn to be polite to strangers. ;)
drummer

Yes, you're right, BlueHaze. Please excuse me.
Thank You for pointing me on my problems.
BlueHaze

No offense taken :) I'm in no way perfect either. :)