The Error of Suicide

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Vesko

The hikikomori phenomenon is a very unfortunate one (I just learned the term thanks to this article). I can see why it is happening. Too much strain towards senseless goals of economic prosperity and no true education building true culture is what gets you there. I can see how children and teenagers have problems finding useful things to do and positive ways to cope with stress. When you are told that the highest ideal is to have a X salary when you grow up or you have to break the Y record just for the sake of the salary or for the sake of the record, no wonder that some people feel lost -- such "ideals" are too low, too primitive for the possibilities of the human spirit. And actually it is good that they feel lost, or they would never progress spiritually. But what is bad is that some of those people do not pass that stage and have to be helped.

According to the forum website logs, there are Oriental, Asian and black visitors from a variety of countries lurking on the forum. However, visitors from China are prominently absent; not even one Chinese has visited the forum.

A special message to forum lurkers from Thiaoouba: the raw forum logs are captured and archived till the end of time! Make sure that you hide well behind your anonymous proxies (I guess they are nine) LOL :lol:. I suppose though, that you browse the Internet through the psychosphere, so we cannot track you down. If that is true, thank you very much for conserving our forum bandwidth.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Marcus

Increasing numbers of young people in Japan are feeling alienated by modern life. Several thousand are termed "hikikomori" - recluses who never leave their room, finding entertainment only on the internet
I have seen a very disturbing documentary on this. It is mainly young Japanese men/boys who experience this.

Basically they never leave their room. Most play video games to pass the time. Researchers can't expain it.

As Vesko said, it's the ultra competative culture they grow up in. There is so much pressure on them to excel in school and in the workforce that it is no wonder some pack it in and become an extreme recluse. Most barely communicate with family.

There are summer schools for extra education, which is nothing bad until you see the conditions.

You study all day in class, in the evening you take a test, if you do not pass the test you try until you do. One little boy stayed in the classroom until 1.00am. He finally passed and went to a room crammed with children sleeping on the floor only to awake a few hours later to repeat the cycle!
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Leo

Hi all,
with all the depression, suicide and sucidal tendancies, hunger, poverty, deprevation, etc, etc... in the world today, could it be said that 99% (my hypothetical figure) could all be overcome if the monetary system was abolished and we return to a time when people shared everything and worked together as equals? When people decorated their home because it suited their own likes and needs, instead of buying cause it is expensive and society deems it necessary (and we have to keep up with the Jones's :? ) could you imagine what it would be like if everyone lived in houses with the same grandeir as Bill Gates or Donald Trump? no one would have to wake up everyday, head off to work to make a dollar just so they could feed their family. Instead you go to work because you want to, you recieve no personal material gain, but rather a material gain that effects your whole community.

Less time would be spent thinking about how to survive and more time would be spent on how to live. Living on a planet of sorrows is hard enough without adding to the burden by enslaving everyone in a monetary system.

Buddha was happiest, not when he was a prince and heir to a throne and had material wealth beyond imagination, but when when he walked away from money, started living, became enlightened and helped anyone who chose the same path.

Suicide is wrong, because you have chosen to live this life, and giving up that choice means lack of understanding, lack of love for the self and ultimately lack of love for the G.I.

A few years ago when I came to this conclusion, I gave up on the struggle to survive and started to live :D

Leo
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Lachie

Hi Leo,

I think that a lot of the troubles could be solved if the monetary system was destroyed or changed to suit our needs. But they would also be solved if more people simply thought as we did, and focused not on having the best house or the most money, but on being happy and being evolved.

Also, you are discounting a large reason for many suicides and murders - relationship and emotional issues between people. As long as people are put together there will be unhappiness.

Why is the suicide rate a problem? Why do you guys care? Surely it is part of another person's lesson, and their own choices?

And if they leave behind wives and children, isn't that also part of their lesson too?

It's like a giant fractal pattern of lessons :) We are all expressions in a massive equation.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Vesko

It is not a part of the lesson because one who learns should never reach suicide. A lesson is something useful, suicide is not useful, to say the least.
We should care because it affects the whole society, and it ultimately reflects back to even those who would never commit suicide themselves -- as you said spoiled families, etc.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Aisin

bomohwkl wrote:Where are the oriental, asian, black origns here in this forum?
Vesko wrote:According to the forum website logs, there are Oriental, Asian and black visitors from a variety of countries lurking on the forum. However, visitors from China are prominently absent; not even one Chinese has visited the forum.
Hi Vesko, it's a good estimate to say no Chinese national (within China) has visited the forum, but it remains an estimation. physical location is not absolute representation of the origin / race / skin colour of the person.

the guys who access the forum from the oriental, asian, black dominated countries might have been a white / red guy, who happens to be on a trip to those countries :wink: likewise, someone black or yellow might have been residing in australia (as an example), and been logging in.

And i've just got someone to pop in from china. guess u may have that in your log too. it only serves to show that, yes this url can be access from china, and no it's not hindered by 'the great firewall' :P

anyway, once proven that the url is accessible, one may ponder, 'why then has not even 1 of the chinese (in china) accessed the forum?'

those who have been to china may know this, that the official and dominant language in china is chinese, and various dialects. you only need to speak and write chinese language / dialects to survive. yes, they study english language too, at secondary school level, if i'm not mistaken. and of course, among those who study english, there're bound to be some who are really good at the language. but this remains a small percentage, and those who've sort of mastered english, might have emigrated to english speaking countries.

now, to elaborate my point abt chinese language being widely used. most of the people there use an OS in chinese version. you don't even need to master english well to be computer literate. so imagine, all computer / technical terms are available in chinese. of courses, when they do programming, they still use syntax in english alphabets, but that doesn't convert to english language proficiency automatically. and thus, it's only natural to assume that when they search forums, they'd search for and join those forums conducted in chinese. there're already an abundant of info available in chinese, why would 1 bother to search for an english forum which you might need to spend thrice or 5x the normal amount of time reading (since it's not the language you're most familiar with)

just my two cents about why no one from china has visited the forum.
Vesko

I agree with your logic, aisin, but it's still pretty strange that not even one chinese from a .cn top domain has accesed the forum this month, either. This is pretty startling, and I would think there's really something else at work here, in addition to what you said.
Kestrel

This would be the perfect oppertunity to say "Hey im chineese" err, but that would be inaccurate ;) Since im Native American (which at this moment strikes me, if the land bridge theory is possibly false, are native american's really olmecs or something ? ) / English/Irish/German. ;)
Vesko wrote: I suppose though, that you browse the Internet through the psychosphere, so we cannot track you down. If that is true, thank you very much for conserving our forum bandwidth.

This makes me laugh very much ;)

Also, I'de just like to comment, that lately when I think of the monetary system, although I can't find a solution since a solution would work with the majority of people. Its incredibly pointless, I mean we make this "thing" up, in america we don't even use cash anymore 1/2 the time. I haven't touched cash since I got a visa. So here we have this numberish type of deal and we all try like in a game of hungry hippos to get more then everyone else, and choose to disregard so many important aspects in the process. If somone dosent have enough of this thing, we can simply choose to disregard them, then we use it for other things. Things are investments power = more money sometimes. Ah gosh if everyone would just step back and examine it, they would be like "well this makes a lot of sence"

Seriously who came up with this idea? (Err actaully sadly having the memory I have in our time credited with the invention of unifed currency was Kubla Kahn or Gehngis one of those Kahn Mongolain types. )
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Aisin

:o kestrel, u somehow can read my mind..... :lol:
Kestrel

:D Perhaps great minds think alike?
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Aisin

haha, i'd like to think that way too! :P

but i'm not of Olmec descendant.

vesko doesn't seem sufficiently consoled by the presence of chinese immigrant(s) in this forum, he's still waiting for the ONE from china.

btw, this few posts have strayed from the original title. shall we move them?
Last edited by Aisin on Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aisin

Kestrel wrote:Also, I'de just like to comment, that lately when I think of the monetary system, although I can't find a solution since a solution would work with the majority of people. Its incredibly pointless, I mean we make this "thing" up, in america we don't even use cash anymore 1/2 the time. I haven't touched cash since I got a visa. So here we have this numberish type of deal and we all try like in a game of hungry hippos to get more then everyone else, and choose to disregard so many important aspects in the process. If somone dosent have enough of this thing, we can simply choose to disregard them, then we use it for other things. Things are investments power = more money sometimes. Ah gosh if everyone would just step back and examine it, they would be like "well this makes a lot of sence"
u mean we invented the 'cash' thingy, and now we use 'electronic money'? well, the idea of the monetary system is still pretty much there. from cash to visa, it's just a kind of evolution of the monetary system. before cash in paper form, we used to have many other more 'primitive' but perhaps more artistic forms, like gold, or other rare materials, shells etc.

you are right saying that people are blindly chasing after accumulating more 'numbers' or whatever buying power or investment power. that's pretty much materialism at work
Kestrel

Hmmm "Don't spend all you're sea shells in one place ;) " "thats just my two snail shells" (vesko's would be sayin if we were on the Shell system)

:lol: :lol:

Although, I am afraid we have veered off topic here. Lets be a little more germane.
Thao
TomJansen

In the very beginning of the book, Thao and Michel are in a universe parallel to that of earth, where time is suspended.

Thao tells that suicide, even there, is not a solution.
It would be bad if they where aware, because they would be temped to commit suicide.

On this forum we all know that life is the perfect lesson for us, so suicide is bad.
But people on that useless place don't suffer and don't learn anything.
So does anyone here understand, what's wrong with suicide on that useless place?
And did those people choose for an incarnation which makes their lifes stop at a certain moment?