The Error of Suicide

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Leo

tomjansen wrote:But people on that useless place don't suffer and don't learn anything.
So does anyone here understand, what's wrong with suicide on that useless place?
And did those people choose for an incarnation which makes their lifes stop at a certain moment?
We know by the book that these people don't suffer physically, as they feel no pain, but do they suffer emotionally? Are they able to still learn? we don't really know, maybe they do still learn and develop spiritually?
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Robanan

We know that Michel did not lose the "Intellectual capabilities" he had, He was fully conscious and aware of what was happening, he could still experience feelings etc.
Leo wrote:...do they suffer emotionally?
I bet they do suffer emotionally (get depressed, sad, feel lonely, etc.)
Leo wrote:Are they able to still learn?
Was Michel able to learn?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Alisima

Don't forget Micheal was under a protective wing.
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

Don't forget Micheal was under a protective wing
I don't get the point...
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Alisima

Robanan wrote:I don't get the point...
Then I will explain. You said:
Robanan wrote:We know that Michel did not lose the "Intellectual capabilities" he had, He was fully conscious and aware of what was happening, he could still experience feelings etc.
And with that you probably meant that if Michel was able to keep his "Intellectual capabilities" then those people were also capable of that. And they still could learn and grow.

However, Michel was there under very different conditions than those who were trapped. Michel was there with Thao. We know for a fact that Thao helped Michel with all sorts of things, including the removal of bacteria's and all sorts of protective helmets. It could be that Michel was also 'helped' to keep his "Intellectual capabilities" in the parallel universe. Or perhapse the loss of "Intellectual capabilities" only happens long exposure. We don't know.
Don't read my signature.
trumpet_is_cool

Have you read some NDE Experiences from peoples who tryed a suicide ?
I found it quite interesting that there are a lot of similar experiences :

http://www.nderf.org/suicide'.htm

and try google :-)

Seems another point where TP is absolutely true !

Thought`s ?

Dennis

Fixed the url -- Bastian
InfoSource

It was interesting reading the suicidal NDE along with some other ones on the website, in the suicidal NDE the guy was shown a hell of his creation and that was where he would stay until he got reincarnated, perhaps the ancient people documented these types of NDE's and concluded a heaven/hell theory based on a person's deeds in ones life which the catholic church adopted in their doctrine?
trumpet_is_cool

This is also an Interesting one...

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/suicide04.html
Then God or the Higher self? spoke to me. His words were excruciating:
"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"
I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I'd thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.
And I'd felt trapped. I had been able to see no other choice but to die before I could do any more damage in life. So I answered:
"But my life is so hard."
My thoughts were communicated so fast that they weren't even completed before I absorbed his response:
"You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life."
When the Father spoke, each of his words exploded into a complex of meanings, like fireworks, tiny balls of light that erupted into a billion bits of information, filling me with streams of vivid truth and pure understanding.
"Life's supposed to be hard. You can't skip over parts. We have all done it. You must earn what you receive."
and...
I was painfully aware of the suffering I had caused my family and other people because of my own weaknesses. But now I saw that by ending my life, I was destroying the web of connections of people on earth, possibly drastically altering the lives of millions, for all of us are inseparably linked, and the negative impact of one decision has the capacity to be felt throughout the world.
My children, certainly, would be gravely harmed by my suicide. I was given a glimpse of their future, not the events of their lives but rather energy, and the character that their lives would have. By abandoning my earthly responsibilities, I would influence my children, my oldest son in particular, to make choices that would lead him away from his divine purpose. Before Alex was born, I was told, he had agreed to perform specific tasks during his life on earth.
A quote to the "Hell":
Hell, while also a specific dimension, is primarily a state of mind. When we die, we are bound by what we think. In mortality the more solid our thoughts become, as we act upon them - allowing darkness to develop in others and in ourselves - the more damning they are. I had been in hell long before I died, and I hadn't realized it because I had escaped many of the consequences up until the point that I took my life. But when we die, our state of mind grows far more obvious because we are gathered together with those who think as we do. This ordering is completely natural and is consistent with how we choose to live while we are in this world. Our time is but a heartbeat in the eternal scheme of creation, and yet it is the crucial moment of truth, the turning point. It determines how our spirits will exist forever, into both the future and the past.
Bastian

Wow trumpet, I read that first story about the alcoholism and suicide .. oh my gosh, how it changed the lives of his children in such terribly harmful way!

Very few are so fortunate as he was .. to get a second chance and make amends
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Bastian

hi trumpet, I will add a quote or two from that first link you posted !

"This is not what death is like. Come, I will show you." I remembered
floating with him over to a pit of some sort that contained a very
depressing scene of a landscape devoid beauty, devoid of life, where
people shuffled around with their heads down and their shoulders bent
forward in a depressed, resigned manner. They kept their heads down and
looked at their feet and wondered around aimlessly bumping into each
other occasionally but they kept on going. It was a horrifying thought
that I was going to be cast down with these confused lost souls, but the
voice seemed to understand my terror and relieved it with the following
words: "This is a Hell of your own creation. You would have to go back
to earth eventually and experience a new life all over again faced with
the same difficulties that you faced in this lifetime. You will stay
with these lost and confused souls until then. Suicide is not an escape."
I was shown if I continued as a hopeless,
pathetic drunk that I would not be able to escape. Having to relive all
the trials and traumas that brought me right up to the point of suicide,
I would have to face those again in another life and it just seemed more
terrifying than I even wanted to admit. I cried.

The being of light seemed to understand that I was filled with a sense
of remorse, compassion and loving. He said in a stern voice but that was
still like a father speaking to a son, "Your life is not to do with as
you please. Did you create yourself, give yourself life? No. Neither can
you choose death." ...
Last edited by Bastian on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Aisin

Statistic

A brief update on suicide statistics in Malaysia this year:
Published by New Straits Times, accessible from: http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/ ... ndexb_html

7 Malaysians kill themselves every day
1,700 suicides so far this year

Annie Freeda Cruez

KUALA LUMPUR, Sun.

Suicides are taking a terrible toll on Malaysians with nearly 1,700 lives lost between January and Aug 31 this year.

The Health Ministry estimates an average of seven suicides a day nationwide, a figure that does not indicate the true impact on the nation.

The reality is this: Every suicide directly or indirectly affects 12 family members and friends leading to nearly 30,000 Malaysians traumatised by suicides annually.

The ministry’s health education division senior assistant director Wan Rokman Wan Yaacob said the most common forms of suicide in Malaysia were poisoning with pesticides and herbicides, hanging, jumping from buildings and drowning.

"Recently, carbon monoxide poisoning from exhaust fumes of vehicles has been increasing," he told the New Straits Times in an interview in conjunction with World Suicide Prevention Day 2005, which Malaysia is observing tomorrow.

He attributed suicides to many complex and inter-related causes including poverty, unemployment, loss of loved ones, breakdown in relationships and a family history of suicide.

Other reasons included alcohol and drug abuse, history of physical and sexual abuse, social isolation and mental illness such as depression as well as serious physical ailments.

According to him, suicides occurred when emotional pain brought on by stress factors exceeded the ability to cope.

Wan Rokman said early identification and treatment of mental disorders was an important strategy in preventing suicides.

He added that educating primary healthcare workers in identifying and treating those with mood disorders may help reduce the suicide rate.

This could also be achieved by increasing availability of family and peer support, improving access to psychiatric help, counselling, helpline services and school-based intervention.

He said early detection of school children with emotional, behavioural and academic problems could help them cope with such problems.

On the effect of media coverage of occurrences of suicides, he said that there was a link that had been identified some time ago.

He said there was evidence that sensational reporting with details of methods used in suicide could lead to imitation suicides.

Meanwhile, it is learnt that at least one person commits suicide a day in Singapore with an average of 13 a day in Thailand.
Lena

I wonder why some people are allowed to sucessfully kill themselves on the first try while others are brought back to life again and again. I have a couple friends who have tried killing themselves more than once without dying. you'd think they'd learn their lesson after the first time and not the 15th.
Alisima

Lena wrote:I wonder why some people are allowed to sucessfully kill themselves on the first try while others are brought back to life again and again.
Well, some people haven't fulfilled their purpose and must remain alive untill they do. No, that is bogus...

What isn't bogus is that some people have more guts than others. If I where to kill myself I would surely do it good. But I guess some aren't that thorough. And that is the reason why some who try to kill themselves fail (or due to simple misfortune; a passerby for instance.)

Besides, isn't it normal that among suicide attempts, some simply remain attempts?? Asking yourself why some and other not is, well, quite frankly, a waste of your time. Same as asking why some win lotteries and other not, and why the universe happens to be just as it is (at which Stephen Hawkins gave a good answer: "If it were just a little bit different, we would not be here to ask the question.")
Lena wrote:I have a couple friends who have tried killing themselves more than once without dying. you'd think they'd learn their lesson after the first time and not the 15th.
What lesson?? The lesson of thoroughness??
Don't read my signature.
Lena

Alisima wrote: Besides, isn't it normal that among suicide attempts, some simply remain attempts?? Asking yourself why some and other not is, well, quite frankly, a waste of your time. Same as asking why some win lotteries and other not, and why the universe happens to be just as it is (at which Stephen Hawkins gave a good answer: "If it were just a little bit different, we would not be here to ask the question.")
well, some people are given second (or third, fourth, etc.) chances at life to fulfill their divine purposes and some are just let go. I think there is more to it than just guts. I'm just thinking about the way the world works, and I don't consider that a waste of time. it's better than watching TV and having someone else think for me.
Alisima wrote:
Lena wrote:I have a couple friends who have tried killing themselves more than once without dying. you'd think they'd learn their lesson after the first time and not the 15th.
What lesson?? The lesson of thoroughness??
maybe, or more likely the lesson that they're meant to live for something.
Aisin

Perhaps when some people attempt suicide, they do it with 100% of their will power; whereas some are not entirely sure that they really want to end this lifetime 'prematurely', and hence was half-hearted when attempting suicide. That might have led to varying outcome, and varying degree of success.