Reprogramming DNA

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Reprogramming DNA

Tom said
Most likely. DNA and the small number of genes simply do not have enough memory capacity to store (and process!!!) the phenomenal amount of information that is needed to build, repair and control a living organism. Not to mention consciousness, intelligence, the ability to experience feelings, autonomy and the sense of humour. Do you realise that even a dog has a sense of humour?

DNA seems to be a RESULT of certain aspects of the electronic information exchange (learning for example). It is well known that certain forms of ELECTRONIC radiation can scramble the DNA and lead to genetic changes. Repair of the DNA seems to occur by means of the conscious learning (electronic re-programming) over many generations.

Do you know how to reprogramme your DNA consciously? How can we do that?
bomohwkl

opppss no one has any opinions.....
Robanan

Does Tom mean that those Giant ants mentioned in the book, could have eventually reprogrammed their DNA to repair it and return to their normal size, as before the mutation?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Zark

Robanan wrote:Does Tom mean that those Giant ants mentioned in the book, could have eventually reprogrammed their DNA to repair it and return to their normal size, as before the mutation?
... from a programmers perspective ...
The way I see it, their genetic code would already have information for the lungs - but the code is disabled. Much like when I program applications I will create functions and modules that are in the end deemed unnecessary and disabled. However, I do not delete the code.. in fact sometimes the functionality is disabled simply by adding a boolean flag at the top of the code. For instance to hide a secret debugging menu I would have the code:
showDebugMenu = False;

And that means that only one binary digit needs to be changed by file corruption in order for the secret debug menu to be turned on :shock: .

So my point with all this is that small amounts of corruption can lead to big changes. But of course nature has genetic repair mechanisms etc that are supposed to prevent these things from happening.. and these can fail too as in the case of cancer.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Robanan

indeed wrote:And that means that only one binary digit needs to be changed by file corruption in order for the secret debug menu to be turned on :shock:
I loved your analogy it made me smile the emoticon there was excellent.

How might it then be that humans don't mutate like that and become disfugured? Would it mean that We don't have any "disabled code" in our design? it would mean that our design is complete and/or perfect? we may grow opposite sex genitals maybe. what else?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

Zark -- this is Tom's view, too. It is stated on his forum in a recent post.

Robanan -- ants / cockroaches, etc. have far less genetic material than a human being. When something is less complex, the chances that it will break/change are less, and if only some things break/change, it may not be a full breakage, i.e. thus we have living but mutated organisms.

Moderator update:
September 10, 2005.
A discussion about ant mutation can be found on the topic "Ant Lungs" in this forum ("General Discussion").
-VeskoP
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?