Numerology and Sacred Geometry

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

InfoSource

Numerology and Sacred Geometry

Here's a website I was looking across http://www.halexandria.org/dward091.htm

It seems the people of Mu and other civilization knew very well about the importance of numbers in constructing structures like the pyramids in Egypt and Mexico

I was wandering about numerology...I know astrology was debated in another topic in this forum and in the book Michael asked Thao about it and just gave a smile back

The number 9 seems to be the most important number (check the link), People who study the Bible codes translate the words into numbers in order to find prophecies and check if they have passed or accurate

It seems so far none of the bible prophecies have proven falsifiable according to some websites and researchers although it's a possibility the bible codes could be interpreted in different ways to seem like things were predicted 2000 plus years ago

On the link there's also talk of sacred geometry and sacred mathematics

I don't agree with most of the sites' contents but it has some interesting stuff, and I don't think numbers affect a person's free will or so but I would like to know others opinions on the concept of numerology

Definition of Numerology being "Numerology attempts to describe the relative existence of everything in nature, based on the premise that all is reducible to numbers, and that all numbers follow the natural law of mathematical progression." (According to the website)
Vesko

Thanks for the interesting page, InfoSource. Quite a few valuable bits and pieces from mythology.

"Numerology attempts to describe the relative existence of everything in nature, based on the premise that all is reducible to numbers, and that all numbers follow the natural law of mathematical progression." (According to the website.)

Numerology is actually a form of astrology. Virtually everything that holds for astrology, holds for numerology.

The basic precepts of numerology are sound -- that everything is reducible to numbers and that all numbers (or the concepts that they represent) follow certain natural laws. Not incidentally, this is an outlook of our science, too. Despite being rooted in sound fundamentals, numerology is extremely simplistic. One reason is that it operates on extremely limited information -- birth date and name -- to infer about states of very complex entities (i.e. humans), the vast majority of whose properties are completely independent from birth date and name. The human body, for example, is made of billions of cells. Can their states really be worked out from birth date and name alone, either directly or indirectly? For example, how do you work out atomic composition and natural forces influencing the system? You don't/can't, because you do not have any initial information about atomic composition or influencing forces, and if you hoped to derive this information later on through any number of numerical transformations of any kind, it is impossible, because transformations can only rearrange or extract from initial information, and thus only be useful for deriving dependent information, e.g. the first digit of the birth year, but not the independent such as the temperature of your body in 1 year.

Over the years, I've heard about numerologists and astrologers who indeed have properly guessed / predicted things that have later happened. Considering the above paragraph, it is obvious that they cannot have succeeded thanks to the power of numerology or astrology. The only possibility left is that through concentration, they have unlocked their latent human powers to a certain extent, but they are not aware of that.

Regarding sacred mathematics and geometry, this IS our modern geometry, but with added explanations about each notion, shape and proportion in the context of the universe. I really think that the ancient people of Mu studied geometry, algebra, etc. with similar explanations and considerations, and were far better able than we are to understand the real place and purpose of something in the grand order of things. The better understanding of the full and true importance of things must have led them to scientific breakthroughs that we have not even imagined yet. According to James Churchward of the Mu series fame, the religion of the people of Mu encompassed the sciences, and thus the religion was actually scientific. Again according to him, the civilizations inheriting Mu's religious teachings removed the scientific parts, and the religions turned into the contorted ones we have today. I'd like to add that since today's sciences lack the holistic insights and knowledge, we are prevented from developing the sciences very much further unless we start seeing the bigger picture like those venerable distant ancients did. I think there is a natural barrier, a limit beyond which it impossible to develop them if they stay in their current non-holistic form, even if we manage to evade our self-destruction. But there's significant risk that we will destroy ourselves or Nature (and in this case ourselves, too, of course), well before reaching that limit because we are small children who play with the wrong things that are sufficiently advanced to destroy us (as Thaora says), i.e. we create wrong pieces of technology, and we put wrong emphasis on certain sciences (those related to technology) as opposed to other sciences (those related to the mind). That is not to say technology is inherently bad, or that we have to study only psychology, but that as Michel's book says, technology must be used to assist spiritual development, not enslave people in a materialistic system. We are a technology-worshipping "civilisation" and we have sadly created a great disbalance between our current technological knowledge and our current knowledge in other fields. What is more, we cannot even pride ourselves that we have significant technological knowledge -- Thaora in the book said "your technology ... is nothing compared with what existed on Earth more than 14,500 years ago".

All in all, we are indeed a planet of sorrows, and this is http://www.planetofsorrowsforum.com speaking ;). Hopefully, the latter is a little less sorrowful than the former as a whole :). Good day/night.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Aisin

Vesko wrote: Over the years, I've heard about numerologists and astrologers who indeed have properly guessed / predicted things that have later happened. Considering the above paragraph, it is obvious that they cannot have succeeded thanks to the power of numerology or astrology. The only possibility left is that through concentration, they have unlocked their latent human powers to a certain extent, but they are not aware of that.
I wouldn't dismiss those numerology or astrology as illogical. I'm also considering the possibility that there's more to the power / effect of such numerology system, than just the concentration of the person alone. how is it that the latent human powers being unlocked leading to prediction of events? not all types of concentration lead to good prediction. it's possibly more on calculations than concentration. of course, the science of astrology is just a fine line from superstition. And often they're mixed up by people. part of the challenge is to filter superstition from the science

real astrology is quite hard to master, as opposed to superstitious games which claim to predict your future in certain aspects. i haven't explored this field extensively, hence i don't know how many reliable astrological systems there are. One of them of interest is the astrology derived from the Yi Jing (conventionally a.k.a I-Ching), which means 'the book of changes' from ancient science of the chinese. there's only a very very small percentage of people on earth who understand it in depth. there's actually mathematics, science and logic in it. well, i can't point to a reliable source of reference yet, since i'm still doing the filtering of info source myself. i'll come back when i have more reference.
Vesko wrote: Regarding sacred mathematics and geometry ... is nothing compared with what existed on Earth more than 14,500 years ago".
this is a great paragraph! :thumleft: i love it. :applause:

Another interesting phenomenon about numbers is the Fibonacci sequence, and the golden ratio (aka golden section) Here's an interesting collection of natural occurences in flora & fauna that coincides with the Fibonacci numbers. I esp like the part on the shell spirals. Isn't the nature a wonderful design?