Civic Responsibility?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Marcus

Civic Responsibility?

‘Earth is a planet of the first category and therefore at the bottom of the scale. What does this mean? The planet Earth could be likened to a kindergarten with the emphasis on teaching basic social values. A planet of the second category would then correspond with a primary school where further values are taught - in both schools, adult guidance is imperative. The third category would comprise secondary schools where a foundation of values allows exploration beyond. Next, you would go to university, where you are treated as an adult, for you would not only have attained a certain amount of knowledge, but you would also start to accept civic responsibility.
Bolding from me.

Any ideas on this wording?

As I understand, civic responsiblity in this regard would mean much less guidance from your Higher Self and maybe more DIRECT contact with God?
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Vesko

Civic responsibility = becoming and acting as a fully responsible citizen of the universe, not just a kindengarten kid that has only a few responsibilities, because his/her teachers/parents look after him/her.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

Responsible toward our spiritual development?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

Yes, fully responsible.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

It means that we will become somehow "100% sure" that GOD truly exists?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

Of course we'll become sure.
Regarding responsibility for our spiritual development: remember how we are required to filter only 1 single garbage element in our thoughts on our planet? This is an easy task in comparison with filtering many more (up to 9). That is, to pass from our planet to the next, we are not required to be ideal, far from it. In fact, we are allowed to be spiritually ignorant and, if I can say so, bad in relation to the rest of the 8 elements. This is just like not really holding children responsible for many things. Of course, an element is a collection or group of types of garbage thoughts -- when she introduced those elements, the Thaora said she makes an enormous use of imagery.
Robanan

...The third category would comprise secondary schools where a foundation of values allows exploration beyond...

-quote from the Book (the Bold is my emphasis), Originally quoted by Vesko.

So by the third category we will already have "a foundation of values". I wonder if exactly this foundation of values (of the third category), teaches/informs/educates/???? a person (who is born on a third category planet) to eventually become so 100% sure that "GOD truely exists", that it will allow the person to "make explorations beyond".

Please notice that we are all compelled -though not 100% sure- (on different levels) that "GOD truly exists" otherwise we wouldn't have tried to make a single "constructive" move toward the development of the arguments of the forum.

P.S.
Vesko wrote:the Thaora said she makes an enormous use of imagery

I propose to avoid using he/she/it when referring to Thiaooubians. I know that they(thiaooubians) don't mind, but I think it is necessary to avoid creating unnecessary misunderstandings.
Yothu

Robanan wrote:Please notice that we are all compelled -though not 100% sure- (on different levels) that "GOD truly exists" otherwise we wouldn't have tried to make a single "constructive" move toward the development of the arguments of the forum.
Robanan, this sentence ^ I do not understand.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Robanan

Yothu my friend,

I thought that not all of us are "100% sure" that the universe has a creator and that the creator is indeed Intelligent. Please see the "Evidence of design in the universe" topic under the "General Science and Technology" forum, we merely came to the conclusion that the probability of a creator having had created the universe and that the probability of the creator to be highly intelligent is higher than the probability of any other "possible" scenario.

The discussion is still open for opinions and verifications.

So far I seem to be the only "crazy" one on the forum willing to base my whole life and researches on considering the abovemantioned result to be valid, valuable and true. It seemed to me that others want to keep "an open mind" about the topic.

Aren't we all here on the forum because each of us has "a foundation of values" established, from which we need and want to "explore beyond"? Hasn't this very forum provided us with a possibility to "explore beyond"? I felt an urge to mention it, so that maybe some people who read the posts (including myself) may consider re-evaluating their "foundation of values" in order to enable themselves to "explore beyond" 8)

Just imagine how significant is the "Foundation of values" mentioned in the book. I just wonder about the vast knowledge it contains. It will eventually enable you to accept "civic responsibility" in the universe. WOW!

We are all surely meant to be GREAT!!! :sunny:
Vesko

Robanan wrote:So far I seem to be the only "crazy" one on the forum willing to base my whole life and researches on considering the abovemantioned result to be valid, valuable and true. It seemed to me that others want to keep "an open mind" about the topic.
It seems you are basing this conclusion on our arguments in the "Evidence of Design of the Universe" in the "General Science and Technology Forum". But you are not the only "crazy" one. To clear a real or potential misunderstanding, I am considerably convinced that there is an intelligent Creator, and myself do not need to keep an open mind about possibly descending from the apes any more. On that topic I only wanted to make it clear that nobody on our planet has been able to prove in a rigorous scientific manner, even if they claim so, that an intelligent Creator exists. In fact, is bad to claim so, because you can be rightfully labelled as illogical, a crackpot, a nutcase, etc. Again, I am convinced that such a Creator exists, however it is one thing to be convinced, another thing to be able to prove in rigorous formal scientific terms, so I just do not state I have proved it. I am sorry if you have misunderstood me.
Alisima

When I hear civic responsibility, I get mixed feelings. I used to have a theory on respect and responsibility towards others. I think you should investigate yourself first, and then grand others the same freedom you would like to have. Since they are basically, if not 100% precent, the same as you. In the end it is just a matter from what kind of perspective one looks. From one point it may seem that you only have responsibility towards yourself, from another point it could be totally the opposite, that you only have responsibility towards others. But if you can see that we are 'all in the same boat', you could say that responsibility towards yourself equals responsibility towards others. I know this is a bold statement to make, but if you believe, like me, that we all are connected to eachother, then there really is no difference between you or me, or between me and the rest of the world. So there really is no civic responsibility, and yet there is! :D
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

Vesko wrote:...I am considerably convinced that there is an intelligent Creator, and myself do not need to keep an open mind about possibly descending from the apes any more. On that topic I only wanted to make it clear that nobody on our planet has been able to prove in a rigorous scientific manner, even if they claim so, that an intelligent Creator exists. In fact, is bad to claim so, because you can be rightfully labelled as illogical, a crackpot, a nutcase, etc. Again, I am convinced that such a Creator exists, however it is one thing to be convinced, another thing to be able to prove in rigorous formal scientific terms, so I just do not state I have proved it. I am sorry if you have misunderstood me.
-The bold is my emphasis.

Thank you Vesko, I appreciate your effort for bringing this point into the light. We discussed numerous things under that topic, please understand that I could only answer for myself and things that I said myself. Your contribution is righteous and full of care.

I bolded that proportion of your post in the quote above, since I want to say that I agree with you. That was the point that I did not understand before, and it was something I learned during the time the discussions on the topic were still going on.

Please note on my behalf that given the "current" rigorous formal scientific terms and outlooks, I think that it is not "yet" the time for such a proof to appear. We may be able to "improve" our "foundation of values" later.

In My previous post I originally meant to explain myself to yothu and elaborate more on the sentences he quoted.
Vesko wrote: ...you are not the only "crazy" one...
I'm Glad... :alien:
Vesko

Hi Robanan and others,

Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread. Very good -- I agree with you, Robanan. The relevant part of your above post is now reproduced on the mentioned topic, "Evidence of Design in the Universe " in the "General Science and Technology" forum. I've made a follow-up post there, too.

:) :alien: :)
Vesko

Alisima wrote:When I hear civic responsibility, I get mixed feelings. I used to have a theory on respect and responsibility towards others. I think you should investigate yourself first, and then grand others the same freedom you would like to have. Since they are basically, if not 100% precent, the same as you. In the end it is just a matter from what kind of perspective one looks. From one point it may seem that you only have responsibility towards yourself, from another point it could be totally the opposite, that you only have responsibility towards others. But if you can see that we are 'all in the same boat', you could say that responsibility towards yourself equals responsibility towards others. I know this is a bold statement to make, but if you believe, like me, that we all are connected to eachother, then there really is no difference between you or me, or between me and the rest of the world. So there really is no civic responsibility, and yet there is! :D
I see what you mean and I agree. I would say "Civic responsibility is really responsibility solely towards yourself."
Robanan

Vesko wrote:"Civic responsibility is really responsibility solely towards yourself."
What kind of "Civic responsibility" Do we have on 1st category planets?

Are we yet to be considered responsible toward ourselves?