Predicting 100 Years Into the Future

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

InfoSource

BlackwaterPower wrote:why could a mere earthling such as Nostradamus predict more than 100 years?
Here's a link to a skeptical view of Nostradamus’ predictions http://skepdic.com/nostrada.html
According to Barbara and David P. Mikkelson's Urban Legends page, one of the hoaxed quatrains was written in 1997 by Neil Marshall, a Brock University (Canada) student. Marshall wanted "to demonstrate ... that the writings of Nostradamus are so cryptic that they can be interpreted to mean almost anything." If we have some imagination, we can shoehorn just about any event to some passage in Nostradamus, or Bob Dylan, for that matter.
The main problem with his prediction’s are that they can be interpreted in many different ways, so I'm doubtful that his predictions were true
Rezo

prediciton of future, bible perspective/complication....

First off, I apologize for my perhaps way too long post. Here goes:

When Thao said 100 years, it was in context to michels question of 'why didnt you help the hebrews in the beginning, to get back to an appropriate category planet? [and their answer was 'we didnt think they'd survive, being such a small group, and even so, wouldnt remain as pure' [paraphrase from pg. 133]. I want to conclude that more than 100 years = they planned it, if the passage from the bible seems that sort of way, except for one thing: Not only events but NAMES and exact PLACES that wouldnt exist for millenia, are mentioned. How can you plan what someones/some places on earth will BE, thousands of years earlier????

In other words --- would Rabin still have been the prime minister of israel's name, in order for him to have been assassinated?? Would Grays have crashed at all if it wasnt in Roswell NM? In short what is the significance of, and the determination process by which these particular pieces of information are 'fed back' to the planner? Butterfly effect anyone?? Each and every of these little seemingly insignificant questions in my opinion, can only be answered by the participants in the events themselves, UNLESS a detailed 2 way source-access is involved, with a computer recording these details, from Thiaoouba's people incharge of helping earth, to steer certain things here on earth, to ... not necessarily 'make' bad things happen, but, to 'help lessons along.' but I need to ask myself, is this even going on at all? [Im in a skeptical mood - perhaps history is holographic and past 100 years, if details arent influenced, the human mind is incapable of extrapolating, considering the degree of advancement it would take to perform such a task of just predicting anything 1 day ahead for us, this is clearly unimaginable, hence hard to really 'pin down' - to be able to even go into this subject Id really need to understand the psychosphere equivalent to meditating on the future, did it exist in our ancient civilizations, what was it called etc].

That one thing I have a problem with, boils down to one *other* thing, w/regard to the true difference between non-interference, and guidance-type interference, in the context of planning future events: On that same page, page 133, it says that any time god says this, replace it with people from thiaoouba said this/that.....BUT the bible has many distortions, perhaps not purposefully, however I feel that there ARE and have BEEN purposeful distortions, it would seem to me, according to the '4 different versions' theory, specifically each version having laws and the next version either different ones or none at all of a specific 'law'. Theres a different theory, that Ezra re-wrote the Torah, after the temple containing the original, was destroyed, Ezra had a revelation and "re-wrote it".

the distortion I refer to is here: http://www.answers.com/topic/priestly-source

Which boils down to, what did 'god' aka ppl from thiaoouba, actually SAY to moses, and what didnt they say, becomes much much more difficult!! And I would highly suggest the same is so in other sacred [significant historical event] texts.....So where to go from here? Faith can be discouraging sometimes....

Bible codes I treat differently anyways, like reverse speech. Sure it might exist, but how to separate it from the insignificant passages of words?? or distortions? It can get very confusing. Maybe there are no torah codes. Im not treating them with much priority anymore [feb 15 edit of post from last month?]
Last edited by Rezo on Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rezo

an amusing look at torah codes:

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/mobygen.html

'the great moby'...

see what I mean?
Zio

Maybe... I say maybe, people that have radically changed the Bible long ago rewrote the Bible so that it contains a "supernatural" code... but it isn't so. They had secret informations passing from generations to generations so that in the future, their kids can "prove" the Bible is the ultimate book of truth :P

Anyway, about the names... How do we know that Caesar's name was Julius? Because they have recorded it! It was recorded in books and ancient texts, right? And by the way, Thao didn't mention Jesus as Aarioc for the first time (If my memory is correct). If Thao said Aarioc, Michel wouldn't understand, so Thao used the popular name (this is just an example, because no one knew Jesus' real name :D ). Maybe Moses' name wasn't Moses at his time, no?

Or, another possibility: They're just plain lying. Or any % of lies :!:
Rezo

truth mixed in w/lies and mistrust, create massive confusion

I believe that the allegation, for example, that 'Jesus was a myth', comes from a self examination spiritually; rebellion against the religious distortions is done, by some, by supporting pagan [polytheistic/solar/fetishistic/astrological] traditional comparisons, which is easy if you find enough symbols like the sun halos and the number 12, and the sacrifice made - just as a real evidence of UFO, or other incredibly differing historical accounts can, in infinite ways, be rationalized away if proof is given physically. Because there are many false ufo sightings, the issue is how to determine the true word of advice from evolved beings, and what is NOT - since some evidence seems to show they do exist; We have many truths [80%] mixed w/some [20%] lies - or whatever the percentages are in reality - so the real truth can only be determined through the 'sufficiently self-trusting human mind' and examination of the so called psycho-sphere which may well exist and I wouldnt be surprised if it did, but how can I say I know it does, w/o awareness of having experiencing it [or its effects of use]? Beyond this observation, I can only refrain from making any more guesses, other than how to evolve my own consciousness. 'Incomplete guesses' Im doing on here, dont seem to be helping me get closer to my self/the truth, so I will from now on really try to limit their appearances. However curiosity is natural and I dont want to get to lengths of suppressing that.

Its good for people to get together, but theres so much of it done now based on *symbols* and not honest experience and natural intelligently-applied science; buddhism is better but it is stuck on concepts of samsara that cause the mind to be fearful anyway. The noetic science group seems okay but Ive got a few reservations about some of the language used, and ideas involved. Perhaps Ive been reading the wrong articles. Is it involved in the whole 'maitreya'/Crumb busines$? This is why I really like the idea of not following any religion, because theyre all part of this problem, since the human spirit cannot survive in isolation very well, for very long. I think the profit-minded religionists [promoters of fearing god and contradictory racism/classism/subjective moralism] know this and take advantage of it, since the mind uses symbols to telepathically communicate, making symbols physical, may hold ideas 'in place' [distract the astral body from coherent conversations w/others and w/the higher mind[s]]. Bible codes depend on what you search for, and, since clues are only some words, how you interpret them makes the words harder to decipher, much like astrology. Thao only smiled and didnt respond to Michels question on Astrology, isnt this right? So - the codes may actually exist now I think of it - but, look where they are, and how clues are interpreted, makes it very hard to properly extract them coherently to produce a usable solution. In Drosnins book bible code ii the countdown, he talks about a buried ufo and lisan, jordan connected w/middle east peace, in a few code matrices. But these clues seem insufficient to me.
Zio

From what I've experienced, the best is to lay down all possibilities, but also make sure not to put more weight on one possibility than on all others. That may cause someone to make false ideas. Here are some possibilities:

-The Bible code is all true and was dictated by supernatural force to make the writer write a "special code".
-The Bible was changed by earthlings so that they could profit them by "predicting" but in reality they are doing those predictions.
-I also have to say chance, if you are ultimately objective. Even if probabilities are against it, we must always lay down that possibility.

I can't think of others for now, but you know what I mean right?
Rezo wrote:so the real truth can only be determined through the 'sufficiently self-trusting human mind' and examination of the so called psycho-sphere which may well exist and I wouldnt be surprised if it did
The psychosphere do exist, according to TP, or else Michel couldn't of see his past lifes. What makes me say that is exactly my "self-trsuting human-mind" that says I can trust what Michel described in TP. IMO, I think it is based on strong reason...

There a ultimate paradox... How can we be 100% sure of ANYTHING? What if all our lifes were all faked, what if the computer you have in front of you didn't really exist? What if the Matrix (yes, the movie) really existed? What if Michel just lied about everything in TP? At the end, trust no one. Even the one who said that. Even 1% of doubt can crush 99% of what we think is real. What everyone is doing is to trust. By complex reasoning, we have to trust someone by what we have lived so far. Everyone does. In Christianity, it's called Faith. So in conclusion is that even if it's a lie, better live in it then to doubt everything... yes doubt can be good sometimes, but not ALL the time.

Edit - Oh ya, now I remember, have you watched The Truman Show starring Jim Carrey?
Rezo

btw i def accept info thats in TP. Its just that this other site ive been visiting lately seems to talk about the church and pagan doctrine slipping in to it, its confused me a lot. Im moving away from that. Including bible code and stuff like that like predicting the future, Ill leave that to someone else - too much for me right now Im realizing.

Faith is something I have a lack of in my life. More like, its a few steps out of reach, in my personal life. I cant really explain it since its sorta personal. But it would be nice to have that trust some more.

Thanks zio for clearing up some things it helps. BTW yeah I saw truman show but its been a while.