Other E.T. contact stories

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Bastian

Alisima wrote:it is like asking a baby to vote for the elections. Do you choose this one, or that one? Either way the baby deceides, the grounds on which he deceides are ofcourse restricting, to say the least.
A baby can tell that a tree is larger than a shrub.
Even a small child knows when a child is smaller than a tree.
Last edited by Bastian on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Alisima

Bastian wrote:
Alisima wrote:it is like asking a baby to vote for the elections. Do you choose this one, or that one? Either way the baby deceides, the grounds on which he deceides are ofcourse restricting, to say the least.
A baby can still tell that a tree is larger than a shrub.
Perhapse, but can he tell which of two man is the better man?? And, can he, convince us of it??
Don't read my signature.
Bastian

Alisima wrote:Perhapse, but can he tell which of two man is the better man?? And, can he, convince us of it??
It is like comparing an infant to an olympic athlete. No one needs to ask "who is the better man" because only one of them is fully grown.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Robanan

Bastian you don't understand what Alisima is saying or you are just pretending?
Bastian

Alisima wrote:How can you, being inferior, make any statement regarding TP and yourself? Especially the statemant that you are inferior to them.
A logical fallacy. I know that Stephen Hawkings has a better grasp of physics than I do, and I don't have to have a superior grasp of physics to realise it.
anonymousbeing

Why do people continously fake out aliens contact??? What are their motives besides materially. Can you really be a millionaire like that? I could have thought that it would be difficult to get rich materially like that. I wonder what is the other reason? Fame? I couldn't see the point of having a lot of people who are skeptical and yet being famous. Must be missing something.
Bastian

anonymousbeing wrote:Why do people continously fake out aliens contact??? What are their motives besides materially. Can you really be a millionaire like that? I could have thought that it would be difficult to get rich materially like that. I wonder what is the other reason? Fame? I couldn't see the point of having a lot of people who are skeptical and yet being famous. Must be missing something.
I think you have pretty much nailed it. Fame and money. Material gain and status. There are even people who will go to great effort to earn infamy.. wanting their name to go down in history, and figure infamy is the quickest way. Odd isn't it..

I agree it is a pointless and worthless pursuit, but that is because we have a different set of priorities to them. For instance people who desire fame or money so much that they will lie about it.. well they surely believe that fame/money will bring a lasting happiness into their lives, and feel little or no remorse at doing others injustice in order to achieve their goals.
Alisima

anonymousbeing wrote:Why do people continously fake out aliens contact??? What are their motives besides materially.
Probably because, to them, their are countless people who continously believe in them. Without the slightest shred of evidence.

In order words: it is easier to disbelieve something than to believe something.
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

Bastian wrote:
Alisima wrote:How can you, being inferior, make any statement regarding TP and yourself? Especially the statemant that you are inferior to them.
A logical fallacy. I know that Stephen Hawkings has a better grasp of physics than I do, and I don't have to have a superior grasp of physics to realise it.
Alisima beatifully solves the paradox and the logical fallacy by going on with the following:
Alisima wrote:Shortly said, the whole process of truly determining your inferiorness to anything destoy's your inferiorness to that particular thing. In other words, if you truly understand why you are inferior, or better yet, why you believe yourself to be inferior, you are no longer inferior.
In the above he points out that understanding therefore the level of development of the intellect ultimately determines who is to advance on a more superior level, regardless of all of our assumptions and imaginations, he then perfectly goes on to explain what I just said by further saying:
Alisima wrote:The paradox is ofcourse that you cannot claim yourself to be inferior, since that claim, at least temporarly, requires you to step out of your inferiority, make that claim and then be inferior. The whole process of determining your inferiorness requires you to understand why you are inferior. And that understanding no longer belongs to inferiority but to superiority. So you can never claim your inferiority since that claim requires you to be at least equal to that which claim to be inferior to.
so any attempt toward understanding is a step toward superiority, even if you are to discover and understand why you consider yourself inferior to something that you (also)consider superior.

When Alisima points out the dilemmas of the mind he fairly frequently touches the truth, regardless of the mistakes he may make as a result of his own deductions, which are to be completely ignored if and only if there is that innocent scent of truth in what he says.
Alisima wrote:If one can accept the feelings of inferiority one is indeed superior. That is the paradox of inferiority/superiority: by not accepting parts of yourself, since you believe them to be inferior, you actually become inferior since you no longer have access to those parts (they are now in the unconsiousness.) By accepting all that you have formely denied you start a path towards unity. Unity of yourself. Once you accomplished that unity, you are superior to all who haven't.
Isn't he right? ;)
Alisima

Bastian wrote:
It indeed seems a logical fallacy, I give you that. However, what if Stephen Hawkings is entirely wrong?? What are you then: inferior, equal or superior??

The point is, since you don't have absolute knowledge about physics (and neither does Stephen, we still have no unified theory) you can never say that Stephen knows more than you. You don't know, absolutely certain, that Stephen does know something and you don't.

If you don't know what Stephen knows, how can you know that he knows more than you??

You can only say that Stephen knows more than you when you have compared yourself with Stephen. But, through comparing you get to know what Stephen knows and thus you yourself also knows it.
Don't read my signature.
Bastian

Robanan wrote:Alisima beatifully solves the paradox and the logical fallacy by going on with the following:
Alisima wrote:Shortly said, the whole process of truly determining your inferiorness to anything destoy's your inferiorness to that particular thing. In other words, if you truly understand why you are inferior, or better yet, why you believe yourself to be inferior, you are no longer inferior.
No. It does not.
I know less about meditation than the thiaooubans. I know that. That doesn't magically transform me into someone who is of equal understanding to them. Knowing my understanding is inferior has not changed the fact that my understanding is inferior.
Robanan

Bastian wrote:
Robanan wrote:Alisima beatifully solves the paradox and the logical fallacy by going on with the following:
No. It does not.
I know less about meditation than the thiaooubans. I know that. That doesn't magically transform me into someone who is of equal understanding to them. Knowing my understanding is inferior has not changed the fact that my understanding is inferior.
You are right Bastian,

I said In the above he points out that "understanding" therefore the level of development of the intellect ultimately determines who is to advance on a more superior level, regardless of all of ones assumptions and imaginations on accounts of what is percieved as inferior or superior.
So I believe the emphasis is more on what one understands now rather on what one whishes to understand or what one doesn't understand yet.
Alisima

Bastian wrote:No. It does not.
The 'magical' transformation only occurs when you fully know the difference between you and the thiaooubans. When you finally understand what makes you inferior you are no longer inferior.

It is not enough that you know that you are inferior, you must know why you are.
Don't read my signature.
Yothu

Ongoing Coming of Tan discussion MOVED

BlackwaterPower wrote:There is another contact story called 'The Coming of Tan' which involves another person, but what makes this different from many other books is that in 2011 they plan to take 144,000 people to their planet for 1,000 years to help us grow spiritually and technologically. All you need is one of their symbols to become a potential wayfarer. Check out the website at http://www.thecomingoftan.com.
Follow the discussion "The Coming Of Tan - The Biaviians" in "Unrelated Topics"

Topic edited by Yothu 01/04/06
Created new topic "The Coming Of Tan - The Biaviians" in "Unrelated Topics" for the purpose of more detailed discussion
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.