Is the self Universal and what is the self?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

BlackwaterPower

Alisima wrote: Infinity means outside of time, it has nothing to do with space, distance or size.
That's where you're wrong Alisima. Time, Space, and Distance is the same thing. The bigger something is the more space it has in between the beginning and the end, the more time it takes to cover that space, and the more distance it takes to travel. The farther you go into the universe, you will be travelling through time. Look up at the sky and you will see stars in the sky that are billions of years old because of the distance. Getting rid of time, space and distance, you only have the now, or the Absolute which is where 'God' exists, and that existence is behind or beyond these metrics of time, space and distance.
Alisima wrote: First you transcend space and time and now you bring in internal and external factors??
External factors are factors that exist apart from the infinite factor giving it the factor of metrics, but it still exists within the infinity. So it is both external, but still internal.
Alisima

BlackwaterPower wrote:
Alisima wrote: Infinity means outside of time, it has nothing to do with space, distance or size.
That's where you're wrong Alisima. Time, Space, and Distance is the same thing. The bigger something is the more space it has in between the beginning and the end, the more time it takes to cover that space, and the more distance it takes to travel. The farther you go into the universe, you will be travelling through time. Look up at the sky and you will see stars in the sky that are billions of years old because of the distance. Getting rid of time, space and distance, you only have the now, or the Absolute which is where 'God' exists, and that existence is behind or beyond these metrics of time, space and distance.
Yes I agree. But infinity means outside of time and ubiguity means outside of space. Einstein was so smart to conclude that space and time where the same thing. But, like I said, we don't have a word for what is left when space and time are no more. Einstein made a hybrid with space and time and formed space/time or time/space, but language is still lagging behind: there is no hybrid word for infinity and ubiquity. Ofcourse one could always write infinity/ubiguity. My point is very subtle, and it is only about semantics. I didn't mean to say you were wrong, it were just the words that you used that were wrong.
BlackwaterPower wrote:External factors are factors that exist apart from the infinite factor giving it the factor of metrics, but it still exists within the infinity. So it is both external, but still internal.
Do you mean that the world around us is governed by metrics while it is still contained in the infinity/ubiquity??
Don't read my signature.
BlackwaterPower

Alisima wrote: Yes I agree. But infinity means outside of time and ubiguity means outside of space. Einstein was so smart to conclude that space and time where the same thing. But, like I said, we don't have a word for what is left when space and time are no more. Einstein made a hybrid with space and time and formed space/time or time/space, but language is still lagging behind: there is no hybrid word for infinity and ubiquity. Ofcourse one could always write infinity/ubiguity. My point is very subtle, and it is only about semantics. I didn't mean to say you were wrong, it were just the words that you used that were wrong.
I just said that you were wrong because I used to do voiceover, and one of my character's saying was, "You're wrong pal!", so I felt urged to say it, hehe. Sorry. You're not wrong though. Infinity does exist outside of space, but it also exists within... You're right. There is no hybrid word for infinity, so that's why I created the word "Internal Factor" which combines everything!
Alisima wrote: Do you mean that the world around us is governed by metrics while it is still contained in the infinity/ubiquity??
Here's an easy way of seeing it. Even though the world is governed by metrics, which is time, space, distance, depth, height, weight, etc. - all that stuff you find in Algebra, something always exists on the outside. Take a blank piece of paper. This is the "Internal Factor". Then put a dot on the paper. You have now created something that has some metrics to it, but even though that small dot has metrics to it, it still exists on the blank piece of paper, which is the "material" that is used to create the dot. So the "Internal Factor" is never 'Nothing' but IS something, and that something has to exist everywhere! Even though time exists around us, it has to be contained within something, and that container has to be contained within something etc.
anonymousbeing

I think you are asking who I am?
Who are the other people?
How can I relate the understanding of myself with understanding of other people.
The latter is a very interesting question....... It is a very big topic.