The Monetary System

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Essene

If there was no such thing as inflation and money was used as a trade tool rather than a commodity which can be traded for more or less of it's previous value then a lot of the problems would be solved. Also interest and usury would have to go. As one of Ghandi's evils of the world wealth without work is a sin. I think if a system was sorted out which took into paid for the value of the work we wouldn't need to make everybody's wage the same, it would then motivate people who are motivated by money to try to provide as much value to society as possible. People who aren't as bothered by money will simply do easier jobs and shouldn't grumble if they get paid less for it.

Wealth is not inherently evil, only how it is used or the means in which it is gained.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Essene

One thing we need to as mentioned by Michel is to lower the income of politicians to that of a suburban bank manager. It disgusts me to hear about the benefits and rate of pay which ultimately makes politicians a different class and so out of touch with society. They get free petrol so they never feel the effects of rising oil prices and so are less inclined to do something about it. Full pensions when they are 40, now where is the justice in that when the average person has to wait till they are 65. To hear about how 100s of thousands of pounds are spent just by our local council every year to throw parties. Now I certainly don't see why tax payers should pay for them to have fun.

I will never ever forget the day a young pretty woman came to our school when I was in primary to give a talk on jobs. She was a politician and I will never forget her saying "The money is great, we get 250,000 a year starting out so you should all try get in at least for the money" even as a young mind I felt there was something wrong in that attitude and when I think back on it now it almost makes me sick.

Less benefits even to the point where politicians are going out of their way to be a politician makes the remaining applicants so much more worthy as it is obviously their vocation and they want to do something good.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
brettmtl

It is easy for people on Thiaoouba, to say money is evil and get rid of the monetery system. I think we need to consider Earth as a category 1 planet. When the people of Mu arrived they didn't have a monetary system, but we soon see what happened to their ways and systems.

It is all most like a lot of people wouldn't get out of bed if they didn't have a boss/job to go to and if money was taken away a lot of people might bludge on the system.
I think the category of this planet needs stepping stones like the money system.
I am not saying it is the ultimate system, but I think it is suited to our timeframe.

Look at the the word Corporation, co-operation, and if money is used with spiritual ideals it can achieve and create wonderful projects. There is nothing stopping you or I setting up Corporations with spiritual ideals and implementing the projects and ideals Michel and Thao propose.

Many Blessings

Brett
bhuvan

It is always the motive that makes sense. No one can aquire money more than a limit if he is generous. Can you cheat some one? If yes then definitely you can make moer money. If your motives are good then you can't keep millions of dollars in your account when you see your neighbour suffering because of lack of basic resources. You will start distributing to others. Same way the leaders of corporates cannot insist on more profit if their motives are good. But what will happen if they spend money for others instead of making another investement to make more profit? In any case money doesn't make sense.

If majority of the people have good intentions they won't wait for someone to pay them. Instead they work for others. If they work thinking they will get paid theirn intentions are not good again.

What I mean is if people live becasue they want to learn and develop as mentioned in TP then the imporatnce of money reduces. The stocks will fall down, businesses will collapse. If people slowly become self sufficient and lead simple life no business would exist. If no business - no money or very less impact of money on people!
Rezo

good points bhuvan
brettmtl

bhuvan wrote:It is always the motive that makes sense. No one can aquire money more than a limit if he is generous. Can you cheat some one? If yes then definitely you can make moer money. If your motives are good then you can't keep millions of dollars in your account when you see your neighbour suffering because of lack of basic resources. You will start distributing to others. Same way the leaders of corporates cannot insist on more profit if their motives are good. But what will happen if they spend money for others instead of making another investement to make more profit? In any case money doesn't make sense.

If majority of the people have good intentions they won't wait for someone to pay them. Instead they work for others. If they work thinking they will get paid theirn intentions are not good again.

What I mean is if people live becasue they want to learn and develop as mentioned in TP then the imporatnce of money reduces. The stocks will fall down, businesses will collapse. If people slowly become self sufficient and lead simple life no business would exist. If no business - no money or very less impact of money on people!

You make some good points and maybe that is a model that can guide us into the future.
I like the idea of using excess millions for the betterment of mankind, and Bill Gates and others give away billions of dollars to foundations and charities.

But do you really think that charity and giving someone, something without them earning it helps them.
Africa has been receiving aid for decades and has it made any difference. No, as it simple creates a victim mentality and reliance on factors outside oneself.

Where as if you know you can generate money through you own enterprise, this leads to inner fulfillment, inner sustainability and allows you the freedom to create whatever your soul is inspired to do.

Isn't that the ultimate form of spirituality?
bhuvan

But do you really think that charity and giving someone, something without them earning it helps them.

Africa has been receiving aid for decades and has it made any difference. No, as it simple creates a victim mentality and reliance on factors outside oneself.

Actually I do not believe in the idea of giving excess money to others. Becasue the term excess is relative. We actually need less than 100 grams of plant food to live normally(not survive!). So for me eating more than 100 grams of food is excess eating. But is that applicable to you. Meantime using any chemical based products are actually not only un-necessary but harmful as far as I know. Is that applicable to you?

If all the people adopt this the money cannot exist. Because not only people consume very less resources but no one will depend on doctors(medicines!) too.

Recently I have heard a report where UN "peacekeepers" accused for demanding sex from teens in return to the aid they provide to poor countries. Do these "peacekeeprs" have good intentions? How can we expect africans to develop by getting "help" from such people? Here again the issue is not with money, but those who use it. But again if people have good intentions the monetary system slowly cease to exist!

" Not appearances but what is behind them is most important" TP
Essene

To compliment what you said Brett I will quote Jesus. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish and feed him for life.

Simply giving "aid" in forms of money and food whilst necessary is merely short term, what we need to do is help them through education and to empower them to make their own means and infrastructure that will last long after the packages stop falling from the sky.

Zark

communism .. inefficiency + laziness + poor motivation

>> It is all most like a lot of people wouldn't get out of bed if they didn't have a boss/job to
>> go to and if money was taken away a lot of people might bludge on the system.

I hear that Communism has this kind of problem.. low motivation to work, and also great inefficiencies. People on this planet tend towards selfishness and therefore the easiest way to motivate them has been greed / personal wealth / materialism / competitiveness. That is a major reason for why the monetary system has been so successful.

On a small scale communalism works very well [again, from what I hear and not personal experience], eg. the kibbutz mentioned in TP. Why? Because in these small "communes" everyone knows each other.. and even care about each others welfare. They are motivated to help the community because they care about it. If someone has a tendency to laziness and acts like a parasite then everyone else in the community is going to know about it sooner or later.. and they wont stand for it.

However laziness seems to be tolerated in very large organisations government bodies / communism . Who wants to be the one who has to confront them? They don't really care..
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Kestrel

Thats a very true statement.
The end of the day, I guess it comes down to what people are motivated by.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
bomohwkl

Re: The Monetary System

Robanan

Nice article Bomo, I came up to this interview with Benjamin Fulford which to me sounded like an insight toward the established monetary system we have today.
http://projectcamelot.org/benjamin_fulford.html
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Rezo

Funny little fact about past systems - Google Yap Island, aka the "Island of Stone money" .

Thought it interesting. Remnant of Mu, no doubt, but what do the indigenous people *there* say about the stones?

The stones there, some are MASSIVE...supposedly, the larger [and more unmovable] the stone, the more value it had...but I'm sure the original purpose had to be other than for money, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yap

[now they use US dollars ...]