The Monetary System

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Lachie

The Monetary System

Hi all,

The monetary system. How could we destroy it? Should we destroy it? Can we destroy it without a valid backup? What do you think about it?

It is number 1 on the list of stuff to fix about this planet.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Zark

A planet wide catastrophe could temporarily destroy it. For a time people would be forced to return to the barter system. But as soon as "civilisation" got going again we would revert back to using money since it facilitates trade.

The best peaceful solution that I could come up with was to start on a community level. Start up (or join) a community in which daily life does not require money. This would free your psyche from much of the damage that our monetary system causes. Thus, allowing us to dwell on more important matters such as spiritual matters, meditation, etc.

The community would still need to use money to do trade with other businesses, but for the most part you would be free of its degrading enslavement. Hopefully other communities will be encouraged to join or follow your example.

Some other ideas:
* Invite others to experience life without money
* Establish a dialogue between other like minded communities (Internet forums could be excellent in this regard)
* Initiate (or join) a non profit organisation which performs charitable work for the community. Your community could provide a refuge for people that are in serious trouble eg: cancer, alcoholics, drug addicts, etc.

with metta,
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Meedan

I agree with the Thiaooubians that it may be too late to get rid of the monetary system before the cataclysms. Plus, the barter system can only work if people stop wanting things that they don't need. It may be a bleak outlook, but I think all that can be done is to try to spread information about WHY the forthcoming cataclysms are going to happen.

Destroying the monetary system, reversing the damage to the planet, getting better political systems, etc. all require a huge shift in people's mind states. It requires people to break out of the most fundamental beliefs that have been forced into them. Most people's field of awareness is such that they are not even aware that they live on a planet. All they have is the small picture.

As the universe is designed, they will have the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. The cataclysms will be a trigger for some to start contemplating the bigger picture. I predict that many people will at least realise how worthless money is at that point. Unfortunately, I have found a lot of misinformation in the form of movies and documentaries, instilling the idea that the disasters are nature's fault, or just an accident. The victim mentality will continue for many.
With Love
Zark

Meedan wrote:I agree with the Thiaooubians that it may be too late to get rid of the monetary system before the cataclysms. Plus, the barter system can only work if people stop wanting things that they don't need.
hi Meedan,
I have partly changed my mind about the best approach .. :-) I think a prerequisite for overcoming materialism is for people to wake up to the reality that they do have a spirit, and they exist for the primary purpose of evolving spiritually. Once they understand this, I am sure many people will open their eyes and realise what a terrible effect money has on their psyche. My talk of creating small communities is not going to stop the current spiritual fall of our civilisation.

"..these people must be led back to the Right Path. Man exists physically for the sole purpose of developing spiritually."--Thao, regarding the evil priests

"You’re a human being, not a robot. WAKE UP NOW." --Michel

My hope is that the new GDV technology could eventually help persuade people that the spirit exists and needs our attention. However, I think the technology is still in its infancy and may not be able to persuade a true skeptic. Perhaps some double blind studies could be designed which would help in this regard. This is why my current signature is:

"it is now very important that your experts invent the special equipment necessary, to enable perception of the Aura, as this, in turn, will ensure that correct choices are made at the critical cross-roads ahead."--Thaora

with metta,
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Kestrel

Ya know, I think its a hard propisition, that people stop wanting whats really junk and dont really need at all. Some of us, espcially in my country (USA) are taught from childhood that, its the thing to do, want gimmie want.

Just look at christimas if you want to see materialism. People are so driven by buying what ? Mostly junk, toys that repeat themselfs and really do not benifit an indivduals capacity to learn anything. I mean seriously some "christmas gifts" serve no actual purpose. (I did not accept anything for christmas thie year to the displeasure of my family ) We can obviously see what a sabatoge it is to be so greedy and materialisic and claim it in the name of Jesus Christ of all individauls... Rather then recgonizing and celebrating the true measure of that indivdiual.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Lachie

I also think it supremely ironic and stupid that we celebrate the most intelligent being ever to walk this planet by engaging in shameless materialism, gluttony and greed at Christmas time.

That said, it is very hard to break away from materialism. You can't just say to people "Materialism is bad!" and then expect them to change their lfistyle. I agree with the rest, we NEED the catacylsms to provoke thought and action on behalf of our peers.

However I havent seen any indications of cataclysms this year except the earthquake in Iran on January 1. The calm before the storm? Or, have we done enough to avert the disasters?

lachie
Marcus

However I havent seen any indications of cataclysms this year except the earthquake in Iran on January 1. The calm before the storm? Or, have we done enough to avert the disasters?
Hi Lachie, no way have we done enough. Until the internal combustion engine is superseeded by the clean engine and industry change their habbits and we as people change our thinking towards living with nature, major climatic change seems inevitable. I read about it daily on http://abc.net.au/news/default.htm

Just look at the amount of damage we have done since the industrial revolution. It is only a small time frame but the damage is so severe.

They are now saying Koalas will be extinct over in the East Coast of Australia within 15 years!

I guess that when we experience a huge change in consciousness towards the environment can we initiate any real positive steps. Also our current technology is out of sync with Earth as you know.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Zark

Lachie wrote:it is very hard to break away from materialism. You can't just say to people "Materialism is bad!" and then expect them to change their lfistyle.
Yes, I agree. I think people wont understand how bad materialism is until they accept that your spiritual development is the most important thing in your life.

what do you think folks?

with metta,
z
Meedan

Lachie wrote:

lachie
Just because you haven't seen any, doesn't mean they are not happening. I have seen and heard about many more than usual in the news this year alone. Most earthquakes and eruptions (including volcanos under the sea) will go unreported. (But today I saw one reported on the news since it had casualties)

I suggest you read http://bioresonant.com/news.htm and follow all the links. It is a shame that the actual paper is offline for revisions still, but we can still verify a lot.

Have we done enough? We haven't done ANYTHING. Things are worse now than they were 20 years ago, not better. To me, it now seems almost certain that the cataclysms will happen, as opposed to being only a probable danger in 1987. All of these earthquakes, floods, strange weather, eruptions will happen at an increasing rate over the coming few years, as the core overheats.
With Love
Kestrel

Lachie wrote:I also think it supremely ironic and stupid that we celebrate the most intelligent being ever to walk this planet by engaging in shameless materialism, gluttony and greed at Christmas time.

lachie
I hear ya, but the worst part is, its some of the most ridiculous gifts as well. Material that serves no useful positive purpose more then half the time.
Lachie

Kestrel: yeah you're right. a lot of christmas gifts are self-perpetuating, requiring more money be spent (on maintenance, upgrades, plugins or more games or whatever the devil children play these days. :))

Meedan: Thats very true. I think we have made a few steps towards a future - we're not using CFCs anymore - but i think generally you are correct... we haven't done enough.

Realistically - what could we have done? Surely the Thiaooubans would realise how little an impact a book like Michels would have on such small minds as we have here on Earth? Here is a question for you guys: what SHOULD we have done that we have not already? I mean people who have read The Book, not humanity in general. 90% of people would ridicule us simply for believing something different.

Perhaps, instead, what the goal of this book was - creating the illusion that we could accomplish something by urging us that it was possible. Hopefully we could have an impact on the society at large if there was a disaster and if something did happen that required a re-tooling of society. Does that make sense? What i mean is - making us believe we can change things, so that when the disasters happen, we believe it enough to actually change things.

Just a thought.

Lachie
Meedan

Lachie wrote:
Perhaps, instead, what the goal of this book was - creating the illusion that we could accomplish something by urging us that it was possible. Hopefully we could have an impact on the society at large if there was a disaster and if something did happen that required a re-tooling of society. Does that make sense? What i mean is - making us believe we can change things, so that when the disasters happen, we believe it enough to actually change things.

Just a thought.

Lachie
I doubt they wanted to create any kind of illusion. They were stating the danger, telling us why the danger has appeared, and given general tips (without doing our homework for us) informing us how to prevent it. They have done exactly the right amount to help many people on Earth, while not spoiling the lesson to be learnt for the rest (majority).

There is great advantage in knowing why the cataclysms happened after they happen. This book is the nudge to answer why the cataclysms happened for those on this planet who are capable of understanding.

With that said, Lachie your question is still an interesting one 'What should/could we have done that we didn't?'
With Love
bomohwkl

How could we destroy it? Should we destroy it? Can we destroy it without a valid backup? What do you think about it?

I see so much hate Lachie has on monetary system.

Why do you want to destroy it?
For who to you destroy it for? For those who has always promote fears, violence and greed?

Use your intelligence and self-discipline to make monetary system unimportant and at the same time cultivating your spirituality. Live by example!
Lachie

Hi Bomo,

I don't really have much hatred for the monetary system. I do have a lot of suppressed rage and violence, so I assume that it is coming out in my words when I talk about the destruction of something. The monetary system is what it is, same with religion. I hate what it does to people. I hate what they become. I hate what *I* become, too, when I'm greedy or whatever.

Lachie
Meedan

Lachie wrote:Hi Bomo,

I don't really have much hatred for the monetary system. I do have a lot of suppressed rage and violence, so I assume that it is coming out in my words when I talk about the destruction of something. The monetary system is what it is, same with religion. I hate what it does to people. I hate what they become. I hate what *I* become, too, when I'm greedy or whatever.

Lachie
I'm not sure I believe in the 'supressed emotions' concept. You are responsible for your feelings, and all that matters is what you feel right now. It took me many readings to finally understand the depth of 'The Ego' chapter of TFOC, which I recommend you re-read.

You choose your own feelings. If in the past you chose not to express rage and violence, it doesn't mean that it is still there 'waiting to get out'. However, like the chapter states, in your mind you'll find everything, including rage and violence. The important thing is that you can choose not to feel them and avoid feelings that you find unpleasant.
With Love