Destiny and Fate

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

shezmear

Destiny and Fate

Two days ago my partner had a dream that went as follows

She is driving down the highway on her way home, she is approaching a over pass and she sees a young man on top of the over pass, as she gets closer to the over pass he throws a bottle which hits the wind screen of her car, the winds screen breaks and she loose`s control of the car, and has a serious accident.

Tonight when she is driving home, there are a number of overpass’s down the highway, as she approaches one overpass a young man comes walking out on the overpass and throws a bottle at my partner’s car head on, she swerved off the road, and managed to keep control of the car, when she got home she was shaking, she had decided to leave our three and half year old daughter at her grand mothers as tomorrow I have to go out and so does she.

I confess if my little one had been in the car and there had been an accident my spiritually would have been tested, she is o.k.; it is so strange it is hard to fathom.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Vesko

I feel well that your partner is safe, Shezmear. That has been close!

Even if your partner didn't take the dream seriously prior to it "materialising", it could still have played a crucial role in helping her avoid serious consequences from the incident -- by preparing her mind subconsciously for the scene.

Prophetic dreams do exist. I think I've had a couple, but am not sure and wouldn't like to speculate. But my mother has had them on several occasions for sure -- several of them were not involving any symbology or metaphors, nothing to interpret -- just precognition dreams of things that would happen some time later in the same way she saw them in the dream, and which were strange and illogical enough so they couldn't be derived via ordinary means.

It'd be interesting what other members' experiences are.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

First of all, good to hear your spouse is fine.

I agree with Vesko that prophetic dreams exist. I do not have them on my own, but a former girl-friend of mine had some which she told me. The most recent one she told me in February, it has been a dream in which she jumps out of the window but manages to get in again on safe ground. Shorty after that her mother jumps out of the window and when she looks out of it, she sees her brother heavily wounded lying on the ground together with his mother. Her father is there too giving instructions on what has to be done to give First Aid, but not very much participating emotionally.
Well, last month my girl-friend's brother had tried "to catch the tree in front of their window in 12m height" by literally jumping out of the window.
He suffered a serious head trauma, was put in artificial coma twice and is now under psychatrical attendance.
Her brother, as I personally see things, had been under serious depression the last years. So it might be related to his action.

This was not the first occasion she told me of such a kind of dream. I even asked her "if she wants to act on it". She decided to ignore the issue.

A 3 years ago she told me of a dream of car accident too, I told her not to go abroad, as she herself linked the dream to a planned trip to CZ by car. It was winter. Roads there were in bad condition and frozen. She and 2 other crashed frontally in a bridge pier, miraculously all three survived without serious injuries or permanent damage. The car was completely ruined.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
shezmear

Vesko,Yothu, it seems these dreams are a very real way to send and get information, whether they be from the subconscious or HS, as meationed in TP.
J.C
lomovsky

I want to share a disturbing dream I had last night.

The dream - I was looking out my room's window while using the pc. (this is something I always do in my waking life). On another building,I saw an unknown couple climbing out of a window. It's like they are in a hurry. The man jumps out,grabbing a woman with him..and the feeling I got from them is that they really wanted to die. I see them falling in a horrifying way. Really terrifying. I got really scared...but didn't see them on the ground but I was really TERRIFIED. Then these thoughts come into me - They wanted to die early to avoid dying in worse circumstances in the future.

I don't know why i dream this. I woke up feeling really bad.
shezmear

Hi lomovsky interesting eather a metaphor or a real event...
J.C
Yothu

lomovsky wrote:I want to share a disturbing dream I had last night.

The dream - I was looking out my room's window while using the pc. (this is something I always do in my waking life). On another building,I saw an unknown couple climbing out of a window. It's like they are in a hurry. The man jumps out,grabbing a woman with him..and the feeling I got from them is that they really wanted to die. I see them falling in a horrifying way. Really terrifying. I got really scared...but didn't see them on the ground but I was really TERRIFIED. Then these thoughts come into me - They wanted to die early to avoid dying in worse circumstances in the future.

I don't know why i dream this. I woke up feeling really bad.
When I think of what you wrote, "I wonder if we could manage to live as if our bodies don't exist." I had some imagery during a fairly deep trance state in which I've been "thinking" how severly our own bodies bind us to the real world we know. Many possible actions become shrinked in their significance and meaning substantially because they bump into our "real lives". As if possessing a body would signifantly narrow your perspective of your own reality. Then the spectrum of the choices you can imagine and consider in a particular situation might be heavily reduced so that you can end up engaging an emergency programme, which I feel described in your two protagonists jumping into death due to a crucial lack of confidence in their future.
bomohwkl

Yothu wrote: Then the spectrum of the choices you can imagine and consider in a particular situation might be heavily reduced so that you can end up engaging an emergency programme, which I feel described in your two protagonists jumping into death due to a crucial lack of confidence in their future.
Can you elaborate in details. I don't understand what does it mean. For example what do you mean by engaging in anemergency programme?
Yothu

Talking about "engaging an emergency programme" -
taking the emergency exit. -> jumping into death. shooting oneself in the head etc.
the last possible solution you might be able to imagine because - as I believe it - you are localized somewhere physically and got to care about your body (and/or have other mundane obligations that seem unescapable).
In dreams or in-the-mind-only solutions all seem so easy. As viewed from far above. What takes me down are the details. And that happens when I drag a mind-only solution into my tiny, social, conditioned, over-regulated daily life.
lomovsky

Yothu wrote:
When I think of what you wrote, "I wonder if we could manage to live as if our bodies don't exist." I had some imagery during a fairly deep trance state in which I've been "thinking" how severly our own bodies bind us to the real world we know. Many possible actions become shrinked in their significance and meaning substantially because they bump into our "real lives". As if possessing a body would signifantly narrow your perspective of your own reality. Then the spectrum of the choices you can imagine and consider in a particular situation might be heavily reduced so that you can end up engaging an emergency programme, which I feel described in your two protagonists jumping into death due to a crucial lack of confidence in their future.
OH MY GOD!...just oh my God! This cannot be a coincidence...

Just hours ago,while I was watching TV,I had a VERY SUDDEN revelation that made me stare at my reflection in the mirror near me. While staring at myself,I was thinking exactly what you wrote -

"I wonder if we could manage to live as if our bodies don't exist."

This is surprising... :shock:

I also like to add something. After that dream,I also felt that some force could be trying to inflict fear in me..though I'm not quite sure cos the dream could also be intended to grab my attention and have me remember it.

Last week,I had this dream of a few black 'discus' flying around and zooming towards me,trying to hurt me. I had a similar dream last year.

That reminded me of another dream I had about a 'monster evil spiderman' trying to break into my house. It was a really special dream. It seem VERY REAL...complete with rumbling sounds....moments of silence and darkness outside my house. It's those kinds of dreams where it didn't felt like a dream. ( I have a few of these 'feels real' dreams) This dream came right after I wrote something about 'evil' in my diary.

Some 'black force' attacking me? Not sure if I'm just paranoid.
Robanan

lomovsky, I don't know how to ask this question and I don't know if I may allow myself to, so please if you feel uncomfortable about answering it on the forum please do send me a PM with the answer. I will understand if you would decide not to give any answer at all.

How much are you afraid of experiencing death or of experiencing physical damage?

I apoligize in advance for having allowed myself to ask such a private question...

To shezmear,
I'm happy that your partner is allright, I've experienced a few... hmmm...shocks... nervous(nerval???) shocks lately and I can really tell you that subcounscious preparedness (Through any counscious exchange, like with the HS -dreams) can turn invaluably vital for the person as what people call the instinct of self-preservation has the ability to readily call for automated reactions that could save ones life in dangerous life threatening situations.

Life is a gift,
lomovsky

How much are you afraid of experiencing death or of experiencing physical damage?
There's no need to apologise for such a question. I don't mind sharing my thoughts/opinions in a forum.

Honestly speaking,for a couple of years, 'Death' has been in my thoughts a lot.
I think quite a lot on that. I'm not that afraid of death but always...always wonder about what will actually happen when it occurs...even after all that I've seeked / read that has touched me deeply. I believe that the body is a shell and my 'consciousness' will survive.
As for 'experiencing physical damage' - yes,that too has been in my thoughts from time to time. Are you familiar with the 'Final Destination' trilogy and the deaths that are featured in the films? I guess it's natural for us to NOT WANT to have such a terrible way to end our time here. :lol:

and also...it has been some time that I've got a feeling that my time on Earth will be over soon. That's a whole other story.
lomovsky

These are the thoughts that I went through while I was thinking about that...while looking at my reflection in the mirror...

Here's a bit of background..

I have a lot of dreams that I desire to achieve here like becoming a film director,dancer/ choreographer,photographer.I know that I'm talented in these areas and have proven it to some people. But since childhood,there has always been this issue with people in general. I remember clearly since young,that I'm a very quiet kid and now at 25,I still have that which is labeled 'social anxiety disorder'. Now,unemployed for about 4 years,and having almost no social life,I still have trouble expressing myself to people and forming/maintaning friendships. In my head,I got no problems imagining myself 'mixing' with people and having fantasies where I'm very successful in my endeavors. While I was thinking about -the quote above- I become aware that I'm always conscious of my body and how people view it...and judge it. You see,when I'm having my anxiety and panic attack at times,my face looks unpleasant and my body freezes up and theres been a lot of occasions where people are turned off by that. In a nutshell - My 'talent' finds it very hard,very challenging to flow into this body which I inhabit right now.

Throughout the years that I was not 'acting on my gifts' and pursuing my dreams,I find myself seeking out spiritual teachings out there and slowly detach myself from a lot of things. I even hv thoughts of becoming a monk. To make the long story short,one day I realised that this is not the period for my talent to be pursued. I figured that my 'anxiety' since childhood could be my higher self's way of telling me - NOT NOW.

Some things are 'revealed to me',if I may put it that way,for some time now. Earth is going through something.

Strange...that I still question myself. Is it just all in my head? :) :? :idea:
Alisima

It is possible, but only once you totally accepted the body. So far for that endeavour, hehe. No really, transcendence lies in acceptance.
To make the long story short,one day I realised that this is not the period for my talent to be pursued. I figured that my 'anxiety' since childhood could be my higher self's way of telling me - NOT NOW.
Partly it is right, for how can you pursue your talents if you are buried under anxiety??But I don't think your higher self 'gave' you this anxiety to stop you from pursueing your talents. In fact, quite the opposite, perhapse your higher self gave you these talents to overcome your anxiety??

In either case it may be good to read some psychology books.
Don't read my signature.
Vesko

Lomovsky, I'm sorry to hear about your problems. May I ask, what is it in other people that causes your anxiety? Do you just worry about their perception of you, or is it you not liking something in them? And what made you realise that this is not the period for your talent to be pursued?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?