The Law of Attraction - The Secret

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Teda

The Law of Attraction - The Secret

If you have high speed you might want to check this movie out (1.5 hours). This was posted from another forum and thought that some of you might be interested too.

Watch it now, it is only available for a limited time.

Note to moderator, please delete this when the access is no longer available.

Added by Ptex on 21-Nov-2006: The above link was no longer working as such, and because I don't know of a substitute link, it's been deleted
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
Alisima

I have the movie too but never quite finished viewing it. I hated the way it was presented.

Anyhow, the whole secret is based on the idea that your thoughts can materialize. That what you think can become reality. Not within a second or something, but indirectly.

In a way it is true, just read any book on the placebo-effect. But I don't think the movie has done a very fine job showing its uses. It basic message is this: "you can have whatever you want." Which boils down to greed, possessiveness.

The book doesn't want you to become a Master of the mind, but it suggests to pay a little attention to your thoughts and whenever the thought is negative, i.e. "I hate myself", you might want to change it into something more positive, something which more or less agrees with your personal goals, "I am a businessman next year", or something. (Which is basically NLP, neuro-linguistic programming: programming the neuro (nerves system) through linguistics, language. Or you could call it wishful thinking...)

Well, as far as placing attention on the thought process, that is good. It is always good to pay attention to your thoughts, better than not doing it. But the uses the movie suggests are still very egoistic. Still too personal-bound. Ofcourse you could think "next year will be peace", which is more worldcentric, but how does that clash with all those that want to goto war??
Don't read my signature.
Teda

Alisma, it has its relevance. As you have pointed out in many of your posts, it comes down to perception, often a reflection of self.
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb