Can you see Auras?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Can you see auras?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 22

Zio

Thnx Alisima ^^

I meant: what is peripheral vision? XP
So it's an afterimage, nothing to do with aura...
Maybe I was imaginating it, because I was focusing on the afterimage.
So... everything will eventually be blurry/disappear if I concentrate more?

Ok, so what I saw in the mirror is an afterimage too? Since I used the same technique than the dot... so I saw an "afterimage" of my shoulder? And it seems like my head was all blurry (I looked creepy like that XP), but I couldn't see any color there. The color of my shirt could of done that, or the background XP...
Alisima

Zio wrote:I meant: what is peripheral vision?
Any vision that does not fall into the center of your field of vision, meaning thus not the center but the outer edge of your vision, is peripheral vision. Vision is often sliced into two piece, perhapse even three sometimes, the center and the periphery.
Zio wrote:Maybe I was imaginating it, because I was focusing on the afterimage.
Well, call it what you like, but we are more often in control than we generally think of.
Zio wrote:So... everything will eventually be blurry/disappear if I concentrate more?
Well not just that, I believe it can be used as a door into any exotic 'state-of-consciousness', or even as a starting point for meditation or whatnot.
Zio wrote:Ok, so what I saw in the mirror is an afterimage too? Since I used the same technique than the dot... so I saw an "afterimage" of my shoulder? And it seems like my head was all blurry (I looked creepy like that XP), but I couldn't see any color there. The color of my shirt could of done that, or the background XP...
Yes, it is ofcourse, at least partly, an afterimage, since your eyes keep receiving the same light. But it could be more. It could also be some unconscious garbage coming to its expression, visually that is. I don't know, I bet you could see some strange things in there, probably even a vortex or a 'great-white-light'. I often compare it with a dream, where similar unconscious things/desires can express themselves. Ofcourse, it could just be your eyes relaxing themselves who cause the burryness, and that, together with the fact that your eyes don't move and continually receive similar light, it all turns into a lovely visual show, but just that. I don't know, it always makes me feel good, or rather, more alive, whenever I slip into that, so I think it is something to be cherished, if anything.
Don't read my signature.