Can you see Auras?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Can you see auras?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 22

Frozn

Sorry for the late vote on the poll, to respond to PyroKinetic's question:
PyroKinetic wrote: Once i was practicing TK telekinesis on a toothpick and when i stare at it for a while it seems to start wobbling but i start thinking my eyes are tricking me, ive been able to do TK on some other lighter thing. Anywayz when i stare a bit longer on the toothpick it seems to fade like covered by a fog or something like it, not exactly a fog but i just start losing vision of it. Care to explain that anyone?
As far as TK goes, I haven't ruled out the possibility, but I am not studying it, nor can I say I can see any useful purpose of straining mentally to bring myself a plate I could have gotten up and brought myself much easier. Levitation would be fun, but even Thao noted that it does not serve much of a purpose.

I marked in that I can see auras in the poll, although not nearly as well as I used to. I could see them quite clearly around anyone (and literally every-thing, sky included) with a little concentration. I have since fallen a little out of practice, and don't see them as well as before, but I admit that I don't mind because it can be a bit of an overload at times.

Now, I have noticed the same sensation when looking to see my aura in the mirror. It would last until my eyes 'freaked out' and jumped back to normal. What I would see in my peripheral vision when looking over my head was my face being blotted in a sort of fog, not light or dark, just faded and in moments completely vanished!

With a little practice, and making sure to expect to see this same fading/fog process, I eventually extended the time that I could hold vision of the fog, and I would notice that the deeper I looked into it, the darker everything else in my field of vision would get. After 10 or 20 seconds the image would reappear darker by comparison but luminous, and it was by this steadiness of concentration that I was able to look past my 'normal' scope of vision and see the aura.

I was always intrigued by this fog or sense of image loss that goes along with the aura. Practice might make that go away. I'm not sure, in my own pursuit of seeing the aura, I usually end up with a cycle. I become interested in the aura, I (re)learn how to see the aura, I see too much of the aura, I lose interest and eventually stop seeing the aura. repeat. It really made alot of things weird in my opinion and sticking with it would become difficult.

But yes, PyroKinetic, it does seem like your eyes are tricking you. I know it to be a result of concentration, in my case while trying to see the aura. Tom Chalko has even noted the sense of vision loss in advanced states of concentration, and that alone might answer your question. But, in any case I would say study it. See if you can prolong that kind of sensation. That is probably the best explanation of the phenomena that I can give.

Has anyone else had this concentration-related image loss? Any input would be welcome.
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
Alisima

Yes, much similar to what you desribed, that your face in the mirror vanishes. A body, but no face. This happened quite frequently during my mirror-gazing meditations, and I also have seen the blurry vision. I once wondered that when my face suddenly vanishes from the mirror if I would be able to see behind it. What if I would held a paper with a big number draw on it behind my head. Would I start to see it whenever my head would vanish?? I know some hypnotic experiments where someone was hypnotised and told that he would not be able to see his little daughter when he got out of the hypnose. Indeed, he woke up and didn't saw his daughter. As an experiment someone held 3 fingers up behind his daughter and asked him the famous how-many-fingers-do-you-see question. Normally, ofcourse, his daugher would block any chance he got at seeing the fingers, but since he was in the convicition that his daughter wasn't there, he simply remarked, "well, 3 ofcourse".

And as a 14-year old I found out I could 'shut'-off my vision. I simply concentrated on my vision in a half-dark room and suddenly eventhing became blurry and blackish. With enough concentration my whole vision would be replaced by blackness, with some occasional hypnogogic imagery here and there. I've pushed it so far that I would start to see houses, streets and peoples faces, but never a full emersive dream environment. Althought I think that is perfectly possible, what lucid dream researchers would call a WILD, a wake induced lucid dream. I even believe it might be a starting point for OBE and astral travel. Interestingly to note, I have also approached the blackness from the other side. I remember I was dreaming and I suddenly became lucid. Instead of following the dream I tried to end the dream, but still remain asleep. In other words, I was searching for a state in which there would be no sleep, but also no loss of consciousness. I tried this by doing concentration and meditation exercises in my dream. What I eventually ended up with was 3D blackness and me in it, floating and hovering. Then the blackness became progressively more 2D, more flat, and I eventually woke up. In any case, both blacknesses, those I got from concentration while awake and those I got from concentration in a dream, bear an uncanny resemblance. Althought in the former my eyes are wide open whereas in the latter they are obviously closed.

I also have unusual vision responses when I practice the concentration exercise from Tom, the 2 colored circles. After 3 to 5 minutes or so I will start to see colors flying around, as clouds perhapse. With more concentration they become exceedingly brighter, eventually to an extend that they totally replace everything I saw before, as if a veil is held before my eyes. It feels quite good actually, since it comes with an increased sense of consciousness; you literally feel yourself focussing. And the beautiful purple, green, red, blue and yellow colored 'blobs' floating by, leave a quite serene feeling. I believe this to be the same as the darkness I described in the paragraph above. The reason why it now has beautiful colors would probably be because I practiced it in a well-lit room, as opposed to practising it in a somewhat darker one.
Don't read my signature.
PyroKinetic

Vesko wrote:PyroKinetic, I very seriously advise you to stop trying to gain psychokinetic and telekinetic ability, because you will probably succeed to some extent if you are determined. The big problem comes afterwards. I understand why it seems attractive to you to have this ability (for example, one realises one can easily amaze anyone with it, and is tempted to do it for the sake of egotistical fame and power), but without a balanced mind achieved through constant loving thoughts and actions, a regular practice of meditation, concentration (not on telekinesis or any such phenomenon) and introspection, you are guaranteed to misuse it. You are going to harm yourself and others -- you wouldn't want to get angry at someone and disconnect something in them, and then be sorry all your life, or manage to kill yourself likewise, do you? Do you think that you can fully control all types of mood changes, depressions and such? I'm sure you can control your body much better than you can control your mind, so isn't it better not to play now with dangerous things in the mind?

Telekinesis could bring some convenience, but when one is not trained, the dangers far outweigh it. You do not need the ability for now at all, and it is not a very significant one after all, because you are able to safely and easily use your physical body to achieve the same result -- move objects. In other words, what you are doing now is a waste of time at best!
Ahem , i am not doing tk for fame or power. I am just doing it out of curiousity. And i wouldnt hurt anyone with anything unless they need be so ye. Thnx for the advice anywayz, oh and i dont practice much, because when i do i get a headache and i get bored of it. What i am trying to do though is to have an OBE or astral projection, so hard :(
Vesko

PyroKinetic, please take my apology for the undeliberate insult -- I've been misleadingly terse by writing "I understand why it seems attractive to you to have this ability (for example, one realises one can easily amaze anyone with it, and is tempted to do it for the sake of egotistical fame and power)". The meaning I wanted to convey was that I understand the whole variety of reasons one can have in this situation, although I, of course, do not know your particular reason; I give an example of what is one of the reasons, applicable to anyone, from this variety -- hence the use of "for example" and the pronoun "one".

So, you state your particular reason is just curiosity. But how can "just curiosity" help you in averting the potentially big or very big problem once you have some of this ability? Note that it's not that you will deliberately hurt anyone, but that you will be likely to do so totally undeliberately. I am saying that you need to prepare a lot, learn and practice other things -- listed in my previous post -- that are harmless and infinitely more necessary for your development than is telekinesis.

You should prepare in the same way to have a safe OBE. The out-of-body environment is controllable by thought, therefore if you thoughts are not what you like them to be, the environment can get transformed into something that you do not like, either. Depending on your thoughts, it can cause anything from benign problems to, I imagine, ending life, and, by extension, harm others through you in the same way.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
dloheb

Yes darkness appears in my case as well. In the two-cross concentration excercise I immediately see a blue line around my hand (I use my finger to help focus), followed by a darkening of my vision, my hand will then appear to light up and on occasion I notice a very faint "heat haze", although it is practically indescernible.

In front of a mirror I noticed that if I focus on a point for a very long time my face disappears or looks odd in the same way described.

Nothing much beyond that.
PyroKinetic

Vesko wrote:PyroKinetic, please take my apology for the undeliberate insult -- I've been misleadingly terse by writing "I understand why it seems attractive to you to have this ability (for example, one realises one can easily amaze anyone with it, and is tempted to do it for the sake of egotistical fame and power)". The meaning I wanted to convey was that I understand the whole variety of reasons one can have in this situation, although I, of course, do not know your particular reason; I give an example of what is one of the reasons, applicable to anyone, from this variety -- hence the use of "for example" and the pronoun "one".

So, you state your particular reason is just curiosity. But how can "just curiosity" help you in averting the potentially big or very big problem once you have some of this ability? Note that it's not that you will deliberately hurt anyone, but that you will be likely to do so totally undeliberately. I am saying that you need to prepare a lot, learn and practice other things -- listed in my previous post -- that are harmless and infinitely more necessary for your development than is telekinesis.

You should prepare in the same way to have a safe OBE. The out-of-body environment is controllable by thought, therefore if you thoughts are not what you like them to be, the environment can get transformed into something that you do not like, either. Depending on your thoughts, it can cause anything from benign problems to, I imagine, ending life, and, by extension, harm others through you in the same way.
Thank you for the explanation, and i totally i agree with you. But like u said once i get the full ability what i shall do with it is just have it, and actually ive been thinking about things like this, imagine if u dont have hands arent able to reasch things , use tk. Or if ur too lazy to get a pencil use tk. Its a fun thing to do after u know how to do it goodly.
Vesko

You may think you'll never abuse the ability and, as you say, "just have it", but you do not have to deliberately want to use the ability for it to get manifested. I mentioned before that something bad could happen as a result of anger in combination with telekinesis. Read about Nina Kulagina / Ninel Kulagina (also known under the alias Nelya Mikhailova):

http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Nina_Kulagina.htm
On one occasion when she was in a particularly angry mood, she was walking towards a cupboard in her apartment when a jug in the cupboard suddenly moved to the edge of the shelf, fell and smashed to pieces on the floor. After that, changes began to take place in her apartment. Lights went on and off; objects became animated and seemed somehow to be attracted to her. It was similar to having a poltergeist, but Nina knew the psychic power was coming from her, and discovered that, if she tried, she could control it.
Obviously, anger, jealousy and any other emotion in combination with telekinesis can be very dangerous. Without considerable mental training through the practices I have listed, you cannot guarantee that you won't end up doing something very bad undeliberately, because you do not have good control over those emotions and thoughts. You may think you have better control than the average person, and it may very well be so, but you certainly are still far from the control needed to handle such phenomena totally safely. Please take no offence, but that is the truth. What if, as a result of your near-future experiments, a jug falls on the head of someone, or an organ in the body of another person is directly affected? Example of the latter, from http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Nina_Kulagina2.htm (a short version is also at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Kulagina):
But the most unusual experiment of all took place in the Leningrad laboratory on 10 March, 1970. Satisfied that Kulagina had the ability to move inanimate objects, scientists were curious to know whether Nina’s abilities extended to cells, tissues, and organs. Sergeyev was one of the many scientists in attendance when Kulagina attempted to use her energy to stop the beating of a frog's heart, floating in solution, and then re-activate it. She focused intently on the heart and summoned all her powers. First she made it beat faster – then slower, and, using intense will power, she stopped it. Apparently she could also disrupt human heart beats – on one occasion giving a hostile Leningrad psychiatrist a frightening first-hand experience of her power.
The person doing TK is also not immune. Quoting from the first link:
Occasionally, unexplained burn marks appeared on Kulagina’s hands and, on several occasions, shocked scientists saw her clothes catch fire.
And from the second:
But there was a down side to all this. Kulagina’s powers had always taken a lot out of her. After one set of tests with Dr. Rejdak she was totally exhausted, and had almost no pulse. Her face was pale and drained and she could hardly move her body. She had lost almost four pounds in half an hour (many Western mediums, such as American Felicia Parise, have also described this weight loss during PK); [...] her heart-beat was irregular, there was high blood sugar, and her endocrine system was disturbed. All this was consistent with high stress. She had also lost the sensation of taste, suffered from pains in her arms and legs, couldn’t coordinate, and felt dizzy.

[...]In the end this exhausted her, ruined her health, and probably hastened her death.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
PyroKinetic

Well the anger i already new about that along time ago, the ppl i know that do TK say when they get angry the lights start flashing. Now about the health, i dont really care about living long, i mean i dont want to spend 25 years laying in bed sying as an old man.
Vesko

Even if you may not care if you will live or die, you need to care for others that certainly do not wish to be harmed deliberately or undeliberately by TK or anything else coming from you. You need to respect their lives and freedom of choice. You need to consider all the possible consequences of all your actions. And you need to be very careful to consider the dangerous consequences of TK, OBE, clairvoyance, or any other so-called siddhis, in yoga terminology. If you tell me that you won't do any TK deliberately in other people's presence, that won't be enough, because you can still harm them undeliberately through anger, etc.

Also, just in case you harm or even die from TK as a result of not caring what will happen to you from your TK practices, and even if you harm no one else, you will have shown that you are not responsible towards yourself spiritually. Supposing "Thiaoouba Prophecy" and/or major world religions are true, you have a duty to look as well as you can after what the Creator (God) has given you, including the life of your physical body, without compromising your spiritual development, of course. Considering it is possible to learn TK totally safely given the correct preparation I mentioned in my previous posts, do you think that killing yourself by TK as a result of a lack of this preparation is looking well after what the Creator has given you? Certainly, it does not, and you'll have to pay off the mistake in another life.
Yothu

Wouldn't it be cool to open your door to your home via TK?

Or drag your girlfriend towards yourself and kiss her ... (on the nose)?
Seriously, are you sure TK is that dangerous? I mean, you have to pretty much practise concentration to do it, I guess. If you heard of Uri Geller by now, I do not know any reports of him hurting or killing people intendedly or unintendedly by practising his powers.
And if you start talking about people hurting people: well, aren't many others already doing that?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
dloheb

lol
Robanan

Yothu wrote:Wouldn't it be cool to open your door to your home via TK?

Seriously, are you sure TK is that dangerous? I mean, you have to pretty much practise concentration to do it, I guess. If you heard of Uri Geller by now, I do not know any reports of him hurting or killing people intendedly or unintendedly by practising his powers.
And if you start talking about people hurting people: well, aren't many others already doing that?
You have problems opening doors and grabbing your girlfriend for a kiss Yothu? :lol:

TK is cool of course, hurting people is not. Imagine that in order not to hurt people with TK you have to practice self-discipline and self-control and be good in relationships and wise in understanding and decision making.
Having cool abilities such as TK requires you to act responsibly and it's a great responsiblity for the person who has TK abilities; Since as everything else there will be consequences for your mistakes, exploiting your TK abilities on wrong occasions may lead you to make Big mistakes :!:
bomohwkl

Yothu wrote:Wouldn't it be cool to open your door to your home via TK?

It is quite obvious that Yothu is a romantic guy!! (with such an imagination.) :lol:
Zio

Hi! I have read all the replies here, since I'm really interested in our lost natural powers :D I have tested the cross spheres, and it works perfectly. I just need practice to stabilise it, because it always move XP.
But what I want to know is the peripheral vision; is it the peripheral of the object we are seeing or how far we can see by the four direction, not how far we can see in front?
Another thing, when I concentrate on the 2 spheres with a black dot, I see a whiter than my screen's "aura" around the black dot. It's moving around, and goes up like a candle fire. I can also see that the red sphere have a turquoise aura. So, it THAT the aura of an object? And if we do on a person, which do we consider; aura or afterimage color?
And one more thing, Tom said afterimage lasts for a second or two, but I can see it for a very long time (almost always, and I can move it too)... is that the afterimage or some other? It wasn't a source of bright light like a lightbulb or the sun... or is it that I was watching the computer's screen (which I presume produce more light... or not).
Last one... When I concentrate on the dot, everything AROUND disappear, not the central image. Well, not disappear, but it's all whitish.

P.S: I know that this is an EXTREMELY old post, so I can wait =D And I voted no since I wasn't sure... Maybe add the option: A little bit, no sure...
Alisima

Zio wrote:But what I want to know is the peripheral vision; is it the peripheral of the object we are seeing or how far we can see by the four direction, not how far we can see in front?
I do not understand your question.
Zio wrote:Another thing, when I concentrate on the 2 spheres with a black dot, I see a whiter than my screen's "aura" around the black dot. It's moving around, and goes up like a candle fire. I can also see that the red sphere have a turquoise aura. So, it THAT the aura of an object? And if we do on a person, which do we consider; aura or afterimage color?
The turquoise 'aura' from the red sphere isn't an aura at all. Ever heard of complementaries? Let me explain it a bit. We have red, green and blue as the primairy colors. If you put both red, green and blue together you get white. This means that the complementary of red is green and blue, the complementary of green is red and blue, and the complementary of blue is red and green (just as in the case of numbers, that is, 8 is the complementary of 2.) Next to that we have the CMYK, which stand for, cyan, magenta, yellow and K stands for key, that is, black (they didn't made it CMYB, where the B stands for black, that would be ambiguous, since the B could stand for blue too.) The relationship between RGB, red, green and blue, and CYMK is that each of the colors in CYMK, except black, is the complementary of RGB; that is, cyan is the complementary of red, magenta is the complementary of green, and yellow is the complementary of blue. This means that cyan is nothing other than green and blue put together, which, with red, makes white, that yellow is nothing other than red and green put together, which, with blue, makes white, and that magenta is nothing other than red and blue put together, which, with green, makes white again. What does this have to do with it?? Simple, your eyes work this way, that is, after seeing a YELLOW surface, you get an afterimage in the complementary, and in the case of YELLOW, this is blue. Now, back to your case: turquoise is nothing other than CYAN, which makes sense, since cyan in the complementary of red. So, no, it was no aura, you simply saw the complementary color of red, that is, an afterimage.
Zio wrote:And one more thing, Tom said afterimage lasts for a second or two, but I can see it for a very long time (almost always, and I can move it too)... is that the afterimage or some other? It wasn't a source of bright light like a lightbulb or the sun... or is it that I was watching the computer's screen (which I presume produce more light... or not).
Afterimage can last very long. But I don't know when the afterimage turns into a hallucination, and is thus no longer an afterimage. Perhapse tom is right and they only last, on average, two seconds, and that the image perceived after that time is an mental afterimage of the physical afterimage, in other words, you want it to be there, so with your powers of imagination you create it. I can't tell. But what I do know is that one can perceive them very long, easily up to a minute.
Zio wrote:Last one... When I concentrate on the dot, everything AROUND disappear, not the central image. Well, not disappear, but it's all whitish.
Simply concentrate deeper, I don't want to spoil it all by telling what is coming. But I guess I kind of already did...
Don't read my signature.