Other Books?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

elu

Other Books?

Hi everyone
I am new to this forum
I read Abduction to the Ninth Planet (so glad they changed that name) a few years ago and re read it often.
Am trying to find any current article by the author and am interested in a review of She and I.
Is this a continuation of Thiaoouba Prophecy?
Vesko

Re: Other Books?

elu wrote:Hi everyone
I am new to this forum
I read Abduction to the Ninth Planet (so glad they changed that name) a few years ago and re read it often.
Am trying to find any current article by the author and am interested in a review of She and I.
Is this a continuation of Thiaoouba Prophecy?
Except "Abduction to the Ninth Planet" first published in 1993 and republished under the new name "Thiaoouba Prophecy" in 1997; the book "She and I" published in 1996 (AFAIK), the interview from 1995 posted on this forum, the information on Tom Chalko's site (especially the book FAQ) at http://www.thiaoouba.com, some more information revealed at http://www.thefreedomforum.com and the Thiaoouba Truth audio interviews made by Michael Meanwell, Michel has not published anything else. Following the previous two books and up to 1999, Michel was writing a book that was going to be named "The Revenge of the Nature". It was going to include more details and more of his personal opinion, as I was told by his personal friend, Tom Chalko. However, Michel lost the manuscript in a computer crash and friends have dissuaded him to continue writing -- Tom for one, who told him he was not a writer; he's a very intelligent stubborn farmer (landscape architect to be precise).
You say you are glad they changed the name, but according to the Thiaoouba Truth audio interview, the title that Michel prefers is "The Golden Planet". Of course, it is the least sensational.
I don't know of any review of "She and I", which I read in 2003 thanks to my good friend Marcus. The book contains several pages referring to reincarnation, the astral body, soul and immortality, quotes from ancient tablets (certainly the Naacal tablets discovered by James Churchward towards the end of XIXth century and mentioned by Thao in the Book), and last but not the least, mentions that "recently, a renowned physicist discovered that within our physical body, there is another body composed entirely of electrons." The same details about the number and capacity of electrons follow as in the Book. So all in all, on those pages, there are a couple of terms and numbers not in the Book, but nothing fundamental about spirituality that is not in the Book. On the other hand, "She and I" is a very good book in my opinion, and can help parents-to-be immensely. It's a heavily psychological book on parenting, and is a very pleasant reading.
To give you an impression of the entire book, I'll quote what's written on the back cover of the copy I have:
"...Rayana gained strength from the thought that Ruth had been sent to her by superior forces so that she would take care, not only of Ruth, but also of her baby...
Ruth, a young Australian woman of about twenty five years of age, has set off with her boyfriend Jack on his yacht. The couple are bound for the Louisiade Archipelago situated to the northeast of Australia and the southeast of Papua New Guinea. In the middle of an unexpected storm the boat is driven from its original course, strikes a submerged reef, and rapidly sinks. The young yoman clings to a piece of surfaced debris and struggles for survival. Where is Jack? Will he come out of this alive?
Ruth does not realise that she is six weeks pregnant. You, the reader, finds this out before she does, when her unborn child starts to describe its feelings. This might come as a surprise at first, but as I have explained in the foreword of this book, it is based on my experience with hypnotism, when I was taken back to the embryo stage.
The feelings described by the unborn child throughout this compassionate adventure are both colourful and moving. The reader will at times identify the woman, at others with the child.
Will Ruth give birth to the child..?
What will be the outcome of the dilemma she faces?
You will discover the answers within the pages of this book which is based on events as real as they also are exotic. The mixture of compassion, kindness, hatred, love and generosit which pervades the strong-minded characters gives rise to conflicts and harmonies. Through the characters, one of the most controversial issues of today is raised: that of an unexpected and unwanted pregnancy."
If you have any other questions, Elu, do not hesitate to ask. :) And last but not the least, welcome to this humble forum!
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

Re: Other Books?

elu wrote:... am interested in a review of She and I. Is this a continuation of Thiaoouba Prophecy?
I have never read She and I but I would like to. I wonder if any nearby libraries have a copy...
Vesko wrote:according to the Thiaoouba Truth audio interview, the title that Michel prefers is "The Golden Planet". Of course, it is the least sensational.
What a great name, I like it much better myself!! When I have the money I might buy the domain http://www.GoldenPlanetForum.com for us to use :-)

welcome aboard elu !
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

Zark wrote:I have never read She and I but I would like to. I wonder if any nearby libraries have a copy...
I doubt availability very much, but there's more than zero chance for that in the Land Down Under.
Zark wrote:What a great name, I like it much better myself!! When I have the money I might buy the domain http://www.GoldenPlanetForum.com for us to use :-)
We'll set up everything in the best way, as required. I have decided to use this for my translation of the book -- I have waited so long to publish it that a new, better title is completely deserved.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Welcome to our little community Elu. ;)
Zark

Vesko wrote:I have decided to use this for my translation of the book -- I have waited so long to publish it that a new, better title is completely deserved.
excellent ! I am very happy that you made that choice :-)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams