Chakra Shirt

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Zark

bomohwkl wrote:i think i get used to it. I feel nothing.
Sometimes it seems to make me feel happier. Other times it seems to do nothing at all.

Problem: How do I know if it aint psychosomatic / suggestion / placebo ? I want to test this objectively.

ok i thought of one way ..

Method:
* blindfold a person.
* alternate between several different garments or blankets.
eg: white / grey / black / mustard / pink / chakra shirt
* record data for each garment / blanket
possible data sources:
-- GSR (galvanic skin response) measures electrical conductivity. reveals how much sweat we are producing -> degree of stress / relaxation can thereby be measured
-- heart rate. heart rate will increase during periods of stress
-- Kirlian photography / GDV[/b]
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Rezo

mine seems to clear my mind more, but sometimes after wearing it before bed, if already angry or feeling off, I get angrier or feel more off, and might have a harder time falling asleep. Sometimes Ive been able to sleep w/it but every time I had to wake up, sweating, and take it off.

could be the real thing - not sure. But I do know from experience that when I wear monochromatic colors as shirts, even pants, are better for me than wearing dirty colors like gray black or brown.

one problem for me consistently though, has been my shirt doesn't quite fit, its a bit snug of a 'cut' imo. Im a bit picky about that kind of stuff.
Aisin

Zark, you brought up a very good point. The Placebo effect has been on my mind lately too.

Placebo effect is so significant that there has been medical research articles written on it, especially in the effectiveness of medications.

I definitely would like to see the Chakra shirt being tested for Placebo effect.
bomohwkl

it think it was tested by Tom a few years ago.....
Zio

Didn't you see Tom's testing with the GDV in his book TFOC? In his site, he even says that most people can't "feel" it and it is normal, though the effects are still there.

In my personnal experience, when wearing the shirt while sleeping, it gets warmer than usual. But I was wondering if it isn't the fabric that produce (or better say "insulate") the heat... It is written that it is made of woven cotton. Does anyone know if your shirt is made of woven cotton and tried to put it on when sleeping? Anyway, I am amazed that even if the shirt is really thin, it keeps as much heat as a normal big shirt.

In the other hand, I haven't felt specific effects when putting my shirt, though relatively, I can sense my tinglings (is that the word? I don't know how you call those freezing sensations through your whole body during a few seconds) much better with the chakra shirt on.

I have a question for you guys: can you activate those "tinglings" just by your thoughts? I can do it even in hot days, and that makes me feel good, not only is it cold, but refreshing :P Sorry I don't talk often of those things with people, so I have no idea of some basic knowledge (such as washing your hands after going to the toilet... lol joking! It's not true, but you get the idea).

[quote=Rezo]one problem for me consistently though, has been my shirt doesn't quite fit, its a bit snug of a 'cut' imo. Im a bit picky about that kind of stuff.[/quote]
I have those thoughts too Rezo, I was afraid that I would tear it accidently during my sleep, but it didn't. It looks like we can just take school scissors and cut it through without difficulty...
Rezo

life's song; were all connected like the lines on our shirts

I can induce spinal chills ever since about when I was 16 or so - it started to come naturally when I started dating a little. After that I seemed to have the ability more. Still blocked at times, which the shirt helped to unlock more.

Also Ive gotten sick much less often. Of course I still do and actually Im sick right now. Weve had flooding recently and some roads are still closed.

I just wish wearing these shirts was more publically acknowledged, that would make it universes easier to wear it as normal clothing. Obviously senses of fashion of what is considered normal or straight, show resistance to it and I actually understand why, but respectfully disagree with its religious stubbornness in refusing to acknowledge it.

Dress on earth, esp. what is considered acceptable, has degraded very much at least for the average man, making it pretty much impossible to feel normal whilst wearing such a shirt. And I love the concept of it, though the fabric is so-so, according to my 'unreasonably selective tastes,' haha - I'm grateful to have one. I think resistance to it is part of a deeper lack of spiritual openness, like an inhibited sense of collective self maybe.

Anyone realize that Mayans had their own form of acupuncture independent of Chinese? And points are exactly in same places. I'm trying to also look into history of other meridian systems around the world, like India, maybe even Europe [Galen, 4-elemental theory in medieval medicine] - but little seems available here. Still searching though, hoping I'll come across something. The history intrigues me more and more these days.

you know, Zio, I had forgotten about that. Tom DID test them of course he did! Been a while since I read TFOC.
Aisin

bomohwkl, Zio & Rezo,

To emphasize on Placebo effect, it is an improvement on a person's biological condition, without administering to him/her the actual medication / object of interest. The change in biological condition is often attributed to the power of suggestion, ie by the doctor suggesting to the patient that the prescription will remove symptoms & improve condition, but the prescription is just anything else. Many case studies have been recorded, for more cases, search for Placebo in Google.

Now, about the tests on the Chakra shirt, I'm referring to http://bioresonant.com/research.html, if you have any other information about other tests, please share. The only sentence which deals with the control factors in the tests, is just
http://bioresonant.com/research.html wrote:Care was taken to eliminate any other influences on the person during the test.
which doesn't explicitly indicate that Placebo effect has been eliminated from the tests.

Maybe the shirt had been tested for Placebo effect, but at least Tom is not telling us that on the website. So we can't say it's been tested for that.

To eliminate Placebo effect on the Chakra shirt, at least the following control factors have to be included:
- the person tested has to be blind-folded, obviously. :)
- the other coloured shirts (black shirt, for example) has to be made of the same cutting & same fabric material as the Chakra shirt, so that the person tested does not realize which shirt he was wearing by feeling it.
- it is also best that the person tested is not aware of the bioresonant theory & maybe the existence of the chakra shirt, so that he does not know what colour he's wearing by feeling the heat absorbtion / reflection / radiation characteristic of the shirt.

Any other ideas?
Rezo

you know I visited the site again and it seems to me he only need share more detailed results on the experiment if its numbers we want. I trust that he did achieve this and that the shirt works. The concept certainly makes perfect sense. How about the function of each color though? This interests me at this time. I do have the book 'how to read and see the aura' but haven't looked at it in a while. I also have a book 'pranic healing' which has somewhat different ideas on color and is a bit more complicated [involving something like reiki w/color visualization and what the colors mean is in this context].

There are many new age ideas on color, and some even including black as positive color [Im not a black-colored garment fan myself]. Without an explanation on each color from the measurement perspectives from GDV experment details the shirt may remain a hard sell for many [my opinion].

Funny sidestory, the other day it was sunny and i went into the window-less washroom and felt depressed for a minute out of the blue, just like a heaviness sort of feeling, and had this thought 'its cloudy now' for some reason. Went to the window and it was indeed cloudy. weather yesterday was chance of showers w/part sunny turns out.
bomohwkl

I think I have posted this before:

Please refer to papers published by Igor at
http://www.eng.usf.edu/igert/students/l ... gnosis.pdf

take note of reference 77 in Proceeding of international Conference on Biology and Cognitive Science, 1999, Oct, pp80-83
about the details of the experiment.
Tom's might have a copy or Igor or the author.

also check
T.Chalko (1999) Light and consciousness: Effects of multi-wavelength interference patterns on human state, Proc. Science, Information and Spirit'99, St.Petersburg, May 1999; pp. 51-52.
Alexander

Re: Chakra Shirt

I would like to make a chakra shirt for myself, but for that i need a frontal photo of it, so if anyone have a chakra shirt than please take a photo of that at about 1024*768.
ptex

Hi Alexander,
I believe you should ask Tom Chalko about that. He's the author / designer / developer / producer of the shirts and he may be able to help you out. But beware, the Chaka shirt is no ordinary shirt, it's absoutely impossible to reproduce it with a 1024x768 photo, not even with a 300DPI A3 sized full color picture. Want to know why? Check out: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42&p=7200&hilit=chakra+shirt#p7200
Besides the cost of such a production would be absolutely prohibitive.
Also even if all the technical difficulties were not there, you would still need Tom's autorization to reproduce the bioresonant pattern. It's his copyright and patent!
You'll be able to reach Tom through: http://www.thiaoouba.com/contact.htm
Good luck with it.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Lena

whenever I wear the shirt people either tell me that it gives them a headache to look at, or they say it's "trippy"
I don't feel different when I wear it
soulrider

Lena wrote:whenever I wear the shirt people either tell me that it gives them a headache to look at, or they say it's "trippy"
I don't feel different when I wear it
I agree Lena, that's because they don't work! #-o If you feel anything I'm sure it's just a placebo effect and nothing else. I find many problems with the whole idea. They're only sublimated designs on cotton, and they're printed on the outside of the garment, so all you'll achieve is giving others a headache [as you mentioned] with the bog-awful colours. Since sublimation printing is printed on sheets of paper, then transfered to fabric via heat transfer, there'd be very little effect of colour doing anything IMO. Plus the colour gamets used for printing are not TRUE COLOURS, so the theory of colour effecting us would be void in this instance. My brother no longer wears his for a few reasons: They don't work, they look horrible and you feel more like a retarded fool, than a happy soul :roll:

Your best bet is to wear a coloured t-shirt you feel good in.
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
ptex

I'm sorry for disagreeing, Soulrider friend.
The whole theory behind the shirts is fascinating and can be applied to a great number of fields for the benefit of our fellow human beings.

I know Tom has gone to extreme lengths, both in research and expenses to produce them and I can tell you that all of them have very strict quality control requirements beyond anything you can find in any single cloth manufacture product or service!!! I can be a lot more precise and let you know that the printed colors are analyzed via an electro-spectrometer to test the purity of colors. As you may remember, only pure (called "monocromatic") colors are used.

Actually I can prove they work beyond any conception of placebo or random effect!
I have a GDV camera device to prove it and I believe you will recognize the GDV technology completely impartial to the kind of tests we make! We will also minimize the "observer" effect in any way we can. Bomo, can I count on your advice / control here?

I propose to test the Chakra shirts on people who are not aware of what they are... as Aisin wisely suggested, being blindfolded they won't even be able to see the shirts and allow the mind to interfere regardless of the opinion they can have about their colors/effects/etc.

Shall we write a script of the tests so we can be absolutely sure the shirts effect is not a product of chance or placebo effect????

What do you think????
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
legiwei

I don't mind being the guinea pig. I've longed to have the chakra shirt though I still haven't got one yet. But I guess the placebo effect will be greatest on me since even without the shirt, I've already imagined how great it can and could be, nevermind having the actual shirt on. But this brings me to another point, wouldn't probably even it be better if a person who could very well imagined how well this shirt (like having the technical know-how to fully harness the effectiveness of the shirt or having the right frame of mind to equip it) to have a much more improvised results than those that don't really know about it and perhaps only act adversely to it? Just a thought though.