"More than life"

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

brettmtl

The book did not go deep, it not even went near the 'rabbit-hole'. It touched great subjects, but did not got hold of them.'
- Alisima
Maybe that was the design of the book as an introduction to many varied topics, and you are right true artists, don't consciously think how will I create this, but the thought must be triggered in their brain somewhere. Can a computer function without a program of course it can, but it will not acheive much. I think on some level any artist would have to think I want to play that instrument or grab that paint brush to start the creative process.

Maybe on a third thought you would want me to totally shut my mouth? I could understand that, even though this is an open discussion and I can put down what I think into several posts, I'd rather not waste my time if the audience is not listening. That totally depends on you if you want me to go with a fluorocent marker on your book. -Robanon
As I said you are welcome to comment, but jumping to conclusions that I am wrong, before considering all facts isn't helping anyone :) Maybe I was wrong and maybe I am right, maybe there is no wrong or right and this can only be known in hindsight, which unfortunately is not here right now.

quote: Originally posted by brettmtl
what you are saying is there should have been only one painter or musician or artist. And not the thousands that were inspired to do something.

How comes? where did I say that? I missed you there...
What I am referring to here is:-

I also have been having wild thoughts as if you are challenging the resoning in TP by providing your own version of parallel reasoning, I hope my comments and reasoning in telling you the difference will aid you in understanding what is wrong about your approach and why you don't need to go on about it like that, given if that is the case of course.
In no way am I challenging the reasoning in TP, rather I was inspired by this work and acted. The way I took what you are saying is that no one should even touch or try to assimilate this info into other forms and if that is the case Thiaoouba will stay pure but how many people will actually be inspired by it and take action.

That is why I refer to the renaissance period as they were inspired by a great body of work and many people acted. They didn't sit around saying should I act, I am scared I might dilute the source, no they acted and created an amazing time of rebirth.

That is why I believe TP is the catalyst for our own renaissance, as has been said elsewhere on this forum.
Zark

Re: "More than life"

brettmtl wrote:The reason there are no sources is because of an oversight on my behalf and all references are at the end of the book, which at the moment are not posted on website. You read one page of a 320 page book and have to shoot it down. This book was never meant to be serpents of wisdom and your assumption is very premature.
Thank you brett for understanding our concerns. I skimmed over your book and counted 10 mentions of Desmarquets name as a reference for your writing. Thank you for adding this attribution, seeing that you have done this makes me think of you as honest and sincere.

I aint perfect either :-)
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Eon

Hi Brett. I've just finished reading your book. While I may not agree with you on some things (I'm not going in detail on this :) ), I was encouraged to rethink some subjects while reading "More Than Life", and actually gained a better understanding of certain things. For that I thank you very much. ;)
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
brettmtl

I am happy to know that this book has been of benefit for you and it thrills me that there are points that you don't agree with. I constantly wonder do I know anything and am I just another fool shooting off my mouth.

I started writing a second book, this time a novel, but I really don't know if it is worth finishing. Look how many books have been written and in the wash up what have they achieved? I wonder would my time be better spent elsewhere, like planting trees and creating forests.

I am thankful for what this forum has provided and your intent on keeping the Thiaoouban message pure. It is a wonderful enquiry and it has been a real adventure :P